Image Image Image Image

Opening day - PACKERS @ BEARS!

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

JerrySloan
Junior
And1: 54

Re: Opening day - PACKERS @ BEARS! 

Post#21 » by JerrySloan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Jay's interceptions aside, I think this is exactly how he should be used all season.

HUH??????????????? There is NO "interceptions aside". The Bears were in the game and Cutler needed to have a successful drive to take the lead and he throws another critical pick that is returned 48 yards to give the Pack and Rodgers an easy opportunity to lock up the game with another score. Which they did.

The real frustrating sequence was when we are at the goal line, we never run the ball. That just makes no sense to me. You have 3-4 chances to tie the game up, but end up turning the ball over on downs.

While I agree with you about running the ball at the goal line, the difference between Jay and Aaron is that the latter could be counted on as money in the bank to throw the TD on 4th down at the 2 yard line.

PLEASE quit defending Cutler.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#22 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Critical mistakes are our undoing . We have got to find a way to run the ball inside the 7 . I normally would be furious with jay but I thought he was playing one of the best games hes ever had as a bear before the pick . Hes got to do a better job building up his other weapons . After the big play by Wilson he gets locked onto Alshon and Martellus and refuses to look anyplace else . I think Gase will get that fixed .

looking forward to seeing how they respond next week .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#23 » by Susan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:42 pm

JerrySloan wrote:
Jay's interceptions aside, I think this is exactly how he should be used all season.

HUH??????????????? There is NO "interceptions aside". The Bears were in the game and Cutler needed to have a successful drive to take the lead and he throws another critical pick that is returned 48 yards to give the Pack and Rodgers an easy opportunity to lock up the game with another score. Which they did.

The real frustrating sequence was when we are at the goal line, we never run the ball. That just makes no sense to me. You have 3-4 chances to tie the game up, but end up turning the ball over on downs.

While I agree with you about running the ball at the goal line, the difference between Jay and Aaron is that the latter could be counted on as money in the bank to throw the TD on 4th down at the 2 yard line.

PLEASE quit defending Cutler.

Cutler made plays and made one mistake. This is the best the Bears have looked since Lovie left (not saying the overall product was that great, but the gameplan was sound and executed fairly well. Compare this to the 93-31 score we got wrecked by last year.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#24 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:27 am

fleet wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote: They are bound to win a game or 2 they aren't suppose to win.

They always do. And it annoys the hell out of me. This team needs more premium draft talent ASAP. Playmakers. Most notably a quarterback.

I feel ya.

I'm hoping for Cardale Jones, but if he comes out I doubt he will be there for us to get him.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
DaRev
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#25 » by DaRev » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:08 pm

I know that it is overreaction Monday, but the defense conserns me. It just didn't feel right. We don't have the right personell to run the 3-4 that they want to run. I think that McPhee and Allen will end up providing more pressure than they did yesturday, but the LBs are a serious coverage threat and I feel like the Packers picked up on that in the second half.

Bottom line is if we want this defensive formation to be succesful, we need more pressure coming from the 3-5 guys we throw at the QB every play. In my opinion
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#26 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:05 pm

Bears defense would be weak no matter what, because they don't have a player that requires double teams to make it easier on the rest of the guys on the field. It's not a scheme issue, it's a talent issue.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#27 » by patryk7754 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Is there a way I can re-watch the game online for free? I prefer to avoid any sort of subscription
jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#28 » by jumpstart » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:12 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:Critical mistakes are our undoing . We have got to find a way to run the ball inside the 7 . I normally would be furious with jay but I thought he was playing one of the best games hes ever had as a bear before the pick . Hes got to do a better job building up his other weapons . After the big play by Wilson he gets locked onto Alshon and Martellus and refuses to look anyplace else . I think Gase will get that fixed .

looking forward to seeing how they respond next week .

Jay Cutler having one his best games ever. Even if you think that, it won't last.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#29 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:01 pm

JerrySloan wrote: The Bears were in the game and Cutler needed to have a successful drive to take the lead and he throws another critical pick that is returned 48 yards to give the Pack and Rodgers an easy opportunity to lock up the game with another score. Which they did. .

That is Jay being Jay.... he has always thrown terrible interceptions at the worst possible times. Always. They are the kind of picks that usually take away a sure scoring opportunity for his team and put the other team in one. Drove me nuts when he did it in Denver and it still does.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#30 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Yeah Cutler got picked off, but that wasn't a bad pass. Matthews broke coverage and made a great play.

It's not like Cutler threw into double coverage. Bennett was wide open. Sure untimely TO no doubt, but Bears wouldn't even be in that situation if they had run the ball on the last goal line stance. Not even a play action was called. It was as if Trestman took over at that point. That was just a flat out bad decision by Gase, though I'm sure he will correct that in the future.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#31 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:35 pm

fleet wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote: They are bound to win a game or 2 they aren't suppose to win.

They always do. And it annoys the hell out of me. This team needs more premium draft talent ASAP. Playmakers. Most notably a quarterback.

I will say though the Bears could still get game changers where they will be picking (likely 8-11). I mean a guy like JJ Watt was the 11th pick, and next years draft is suppose to have a ton of defensive talent from what I'm hearing.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#32 » by City of Trees » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:28 am

This game was surprisingly competitive late into the 4th quarter. I don't know about you but I'm ok with that based on the expectations coming into the season. I think the Bears will prove many wrong as they get better throughout the season.

-I'm ok with Cutler's performance.

-Forte still has it.

-Langford's absence was a surprise.

-Ball had a horrible day even though he was in fairly good position on some throws.

-Fuller struggled

-Long needs to work on his pass blocking. Tackle is a different Beast.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
craigpb
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#33 » by craigpb » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Still have a long way to go, but to be expected. Need to concentrate on developing some players this season and hope we hit big in next year's draft. Maybe could have had a chance at the playoffs, but our schedule is brutal.

Return to Chicago Bears