NAME, POS STATUS DATE
Albert Wilson, WR Questionable October 7
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Re: Week 5: Bears @ Chiefs 

Post#2 » by emperorjones » Tue Oct 6, 2015 2:13 pm

Don't look now, but the Bears are rated #6 in overall Defense (Yards Against per Game). We're giving up 310 ypg vs 377 ypg in 2014 (ranked 30th) and 394 ypg in 2013 (ranked 30th). Just four games, but games including 3 of the top teams in the NFC, while missing our top run defender in Ratliff.

Seems like our GM/HC/DC might know what they're doing.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#3 » by patryk7754 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:18 pm

The chiefs defense hasn't been up to par the last couple games and our offense has been pretty good with cutler. we might be able to steal this one, unfortunately
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#4 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:32 pm

emperorjones wrote:Don't look now, but the Bears are rated #6 in overall Defense (Yards Against per Game). We're giving up 310 ypg vs 377 ypg in 2014 (ranked 30th) and 394 ypg in 2013 (ranked 30th). Just four games, but games including 3 of the top teams in the NFC, while missing our top run defender in Ratliff.

Seems like our GM/HC/DC might know what they're doing.

If the offense can get healthy (Cutty and Alshon staying on the field), I can see this team winning anywhere from 6-9 games. Outside of the Broncos, @Rams and GB game, all of the games remaining are very winnable with our defense playing as good as they have.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#5 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:37 pm

patryk7754 wrote:The chiefs defense hasn't been up to par the last couple games and our offense has been pretty good with cutler. we might be able to steal this one,

Fixed, imo. :D

Bears can still build a contender without getting a top 5 pick. I like that this team is showing that it has guys on the defensive side that Pace can use as building blocks going into the future. Mcphee, Amos, Goldman, C. Jones, Jenkins can all be starters just to name a few. And maybe more develop as the season progresses.
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Post#6 » by emperorjones » Tue Oct 6, 2015 10:43 pm

I can't wait until we have a full & healthy rotation on the DL - getting Ratliff & Sutton back will be big for the run game.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#7 » by patryk7754 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:05 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:The chiefs defense hasn't been up to par the last couple games and our offense has been pretty good with cutler. we might be able to steal this one,

Bears can still build a contender without getting a top 5 pick. I like that this team is showing that it has guys on the defensive side that Pace can use as building blocks going into the future. Mcphee, Amos, Goldman, C. Jones, Jenkins can all be starters just to name a few. And maybe more develop as the season progresses.

I prefer to make the playoffs instead of a top 5 pick but if we miss the playoffs at 8-8 or something im going to be pissed. But hey, Pace has done nothing wrong so far so I have faith that where ever we pick we'll pick a stud.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#8 » by heir_jordan22 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:06 am

We've only allowed over 200 pass yards once, 212 to the Seahawks. But we need to create more turnovers.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#9 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:50 am

emperorjones wrote:I can't wait until we have a full & healthy rotation on the DL - getting Ratliff & Sutton back will be big for the run game.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

And if the offense can get relatively healthy, anything is possible. Maybe I'm just drinking the kool aid after a win, but a win next week could be huge. Hopefully Alshon is 100% and back.
BullHeaded
Sixth Man
And1: 195

Post#10 » by BullHeaded » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:40 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:

I prefer to make the playoffs instead of a top 5 pick but if we miss the playoffs at 8-8 or something im going to be pissed. But hey, Pace has done nothing wrong so far so I have faith that where ever we pick we'll pick a stud.

Honestly, if you have a personnel team that can scout and draft well, a top pick really only becomes vital if you need a franchise qb and one is available. Great scouting can rebuild any other position group no matter what your draft position is... it's just those great qbs are very hard to find. So if going 8-8 and missing the playoffs also means we have revamped the culture, I'm at peace with that.

The only qb in this draft I think has franchise potential (and I will probably change my mind a few times between now and the draft) is Jared Goff and we may need a top 3 pick to get him. I just don't think we're bad enough to get that pick even if we tried tanking. The last 5 games are way too easy. So I'm OK with us just learning how to win.
BullHeaded
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by BullHeaded » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm interested to know what's going on this week on the OL. I have seen people discount starting Grasu at C because Slauson is bigger and more experienced to handled Poe, but if Grasu is at C, he'll also get the benefit of double team help from either Slauson or Ducasse. It may be a great way to season Grasu since he'll get a taste of what its like to go against a top NT while also getting a little help from his trenchmates.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#12 » by patryk7754 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 4:24 pm

BullHeaded wrote:I'm interested to know what's going on this week on the OL. I have seen people discount starting Grasu at C because Slauson is bigger and more experienced to handled Poe, but if Grasu is at C, he'll also get the benefit of double team help from either Slauson or Ducasse. It may be a great way to season Grasu since he'll get a taste of what its like to go against a top NT while also getting a little help from his trenchmates.

im excited to see Grasu. We'll see if Pace made another good pick.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#13 » by patryk7754 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 4:30 pm

BullHeaded wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:Fixed, imo. :D

Honestly, if you have a personnel team that can scout and draft well, a top pick really only becomes vital if you need a franchise qb and one is available. Great scouting can rebuild any other position group no matter what your draft position is... it's just those great qbs are very hard to find. So if going 8-8 and missing the playoffs also means we have revamped the culture, I'm at peace with that.

The only qb in this draft I think has franchise potential (and I will probably change my mind a few times between now and the draft) is Jared Goff and we may need a top 3 pick to get him. I just don't think we're bad enough to get that pick even if we tried tanking. The last 5 games are way too easy. So I'm OK with us just learning how to win.

Yea, those last few games are easier than i thought. There's a pretty good chance we come in second in the division.

Games I think we have a chance of winning:
Lions
Chargers
Rams
9ers
SKins
Buc
Lions

We could also beat the chiefs assuming their defense continues to struggle against us and we might steal one from the Packers and/or vikings.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#14 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 4:32 pm

I can see us splitting with the Vikings.
BullHeaded
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by BullHeaded » Wed Oct 7, 2015 7:35 pm

I originally saw us winning 0-2 of our first 11 games and 3-4 of our last 5 games. That would be a spread of 3-6 games which is probably a 4th overall to 9th overall pick.

But if we are two games better... 5-8 wins... we're probably picking between 6th and 15th.

In the first 11 games, I thought Minnesota at home after the bye week would be our first win, but possibly the Raiders. I still think we could take that one and possibly the Chiefs? Of course, an injury to Cutler or Forte and things can go South in a hurry.

This season is going to be an interesting ride.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#16 » by patryk7754 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 8:11 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:I can see us splitting with the Vikings.

The only reason im hesitant to say that we can is because AD dominates us in an unfathomable way. Replace him with any other RB and I'd say we split it.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#17 » by patryk7754 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 8:12 pm

The Chief's Oline is pretty bad. Our d-line can have a huge day rushing the QB especially if Ratliff is in there.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#18 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 10:12 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:I can see us splitting with the Vikings.

The only reason im hesitant to say that we can is because AD dominates us in an unfathomable way. Replace him with any other RB and I'd say we split it.

Having Ratliff back will help the run defense. AD will get his, but rest of the offense isn't unstoppable. We can beat them at home at least.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#19 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 3:02 am

How are their receivers?
IWannaGoHIGHER
Veteran
And1: 326

Post#20 » by IWannaGoHIGHER » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:00 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:How are their receivers?

Pretty garbage outside of Jeremy Maclin. They throw a lot to Kelce, and Charles. It'll be a real test for our LB's in coverage.

Return to Chicago Bears