Moderator: chitownsports4ever

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: GT: Bears vs. Vikings 

Post#21 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Nov 3, 2015 4:32 am

patryk7754 wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:Just watched the game highlights. We really need to add talent and depth to that secondary.

And maybe get Rolle out of there. There's a reason he was available. He's done.

He played very well up until his injury and he only had one bad play yesterday

He quits on plays. So I can't agree at all he's played "very well".
BullHeaded
Sixth Man
And1: 195

Post#22 » by BullHeaded » Tue Nov 3, 2015 8:28 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:
BullHeaded wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:We could easily be 5-2. We have a bright future.

Our record is exactly what it should be. We stole two games we had no business winning and then two were stolen from us that we had no business losing. The cosmos are in balance. We're 2-5.

A couple of shout outs though:
Cutler balled yesterday. I'm not sure if the stats do it justice, but he looked great. I've been critical in the past, but he's been playing solid football this entire season. If Langford catches that 3rd down pass when Jay was rolling out in the 4th quarter, Jay's a hero. And his TD run was as gutsy as his TD pass was clutch.

Christian Jones. I don't see much love for him, but I think he's been playing great. In the first half he made a few big plays... he seems to be in the right place at the right time, he hits and brings his man down. I think he's gotten better since taking over the play calling. Still young and learning from Fangio... he could be our Navarro Bowman one day.

Fuller getting off the snide. I think he's been in a bit of a funk but yesterday he had a solid game. This may be the momentum he needs.

Overall, I think we outplayed the Vikings in two of the three phases. People will blame the defense for the last two drives which were basically two blown plays for the entire game... but Adrian Peterson was pretty much held in check and until the final two minutes the Vikings passing game was shut down. The offense made the plays they needed (although both teams stunk on 3rd down). Special Teams though... I remember when we used to have this guy named Dave Toub and... well... the Special Teams play looked the polar opposite of what it has looked like since he left. That punt return TD was BRUTAL and Mariani for some reason cannot get to the 20 yard line. I don't know if it is all coaching or all talent, but if that unit was average I think it makes a 14 point difference easy yesterday (7 on the TD and then another field position TD).

This off-season could have us back into a good team next year. If Fox can add another 2-3 Mcphee level acquisitions on the defensive end, our defense could be really good next year.

And he will also have another draft as well.

As for Mariani...I don't get why he's still on the team. I feel he has done close to nothing positive. Probably the only reason I can think that he hasn't been cut is because Alshon was injured till now and Kevin White is injured too.

We will have a sick amount of cap space to work with and 9 picks (possibly more by the end of the day).
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#23 » by patryk7754 » Tue Nov 3, 2015 11:10 pm

ADDinChicago wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:
And maybe get Rolle out of there. There's a reason he was available. He's done.

He played very well up until his injury and he only had one bad play yesterday

He quits on plays. So I can't agree at all he's played "very well".

I haven't noticed that but I'll start looking for that.

Return to Chicago Bears