Bears will have the 11th pick, and next years opponents set

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Bears will have the 11th pick, and next years opponents set 

Post#1 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jan 4, 2016 8:14 am

The Chicago Bears secured the 11th overall pick in the 2016 draft after losing to the Detroit Lions, 24-20, in Sunday's season finale.

The Bears were one of four teams that finished 6-10, but they'll pick last out of that bunch because they had a more difficult strength of schedule.

Also, the Bears' opponents for 2016 are set after losing to the Lions dropped them into a last place finish in the NFC North division.

HOME: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, San Francisco 49ers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans

AWAY: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-2016-draft-order-schedule-20160103-story.html
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Bears will have the 11th pick, and next years opponents set 

Post#2 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Jan 6, 2016 12:55 pm

Looks like a roadie to Indy is in the Cards.

As for the home schedule, that's quite nice. If they go 1-7 again, there's bigger issues we haven't even thought of.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,119

Post#3 » by patryk7754 » Thu Jan 7, 2016 3:12 am

This schedule doesn't look so easy to me. The Redskins Texans, and Bucs could all be playoff contenders next season. You never know how good or bad the Giants are going to be. With Romo, the Cowboys are one of the best teams. The Colts are probably going to have a bounce back season and be a top offense again. Depending on who the coach will be, the 49ers could have a bounce back season. And finally we got our division opponents and we might be in the toughest division in the NFL.

With all that said....

19-0
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,119

Post#4 » by patryk7754 » Thu Jan 7, 2016 3:17 am

Since he got hurt in the bowl game against Ohio St. (not sure how bad it was) Jaylen Smith might drop to us at 11. I knew nothing of him until the last few weeks of the regular season but I instantly fell in love with his game the first time I saw him. He might be the most fundamental tackler I've ever seen.

If he doesn't drop, the best thing that could happen in my opinion, is that we trade down to the early 20s and draft Scooby Wright since that's where he'd most realistically get drafted.

Return to Chicago Bears