Image Image Image Image

BEARS DRAFT- VERNON HARGREAVES

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

BEARS DRAFT- VERNON HARGREAVES 

Post#1 » by Chitownbulls » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:51 pm

This guy could be a stud. He looks the part of being a great DB in the NFL. Quick twitch reactions, great balls skills, awesome athlete. Bears have some question marks in the secondary. Right now we have Kyle Fuller (showing signs), Tracy Porter (solid), Amos (showed lots of signs last year), A Rolle (almost done but a leader), Alan Ball and Sherrod Martin. Also just resigned McManis and brought Omar Bolden DB/KR in for a visit. (BOLDEN could be a stud in the return game if we land him.) So drafting Hargreaves would definitely help.

Ive also heard that going DB in the 1st round has a lot of risk. Many of the DBs never turn out to what they should be. Not sure I want to use a 1st rounder on a DB, rather have a big body attacking the qb, which will end up helping our DBs. Maybe go after the DB position with depth.

Thoughts on Hargreaves?
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: BEARS DRAFT- VERNON HARGREAVES 

Post#2 » by City of Trees » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:05 pm

I would rather draft Hargreaves over Robinson and Conklin.

Some here are down on taking a DB but the Bears have yet to address the secondary after a poor season. Front 7 has received a lot of love from Pace, I have no objections investing a high pick here. In fact, I think the Bears could trade down and take William Jackson III from Houston ( who looks to be a solid DB)

As for Hargreaves, your assessment seems spot on. I love his run support and hard hitting. I'm ok with the pick
Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,122

Post#3 » by molepharmer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:53 pm

fwiw - Noticed that at NFL.com in their seven different mocks, all prognosticators have Hargreaves being picked by Tampa at #9. Other than Goff/Wentz at #1/#2, Hargreaves at #9 is the only other unanimous pick.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
patryk7754
Head Coach
And1: 1,093

Post#4 » by patryk7754 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:57 pm

molepharmer wrote:fwiw - Noticed that at NFL.com in their seven different mocks, all prognosticators have Hargreaves being picked by Tampa at #9. Other than Goff/Wentz at #1/#2, Hargreaves at #9 is the only other unanimous pick.

I would agree with that. CB is probably their biggest need and he'd be the best player there is he is there. I can see them going Lenard Floyd because of his potential and he fills a need.

Return to Chicago Bears