So far we have three 1st round talents
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Round 3: Jonathan Bullard 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:25 am

I really like the last two picks.

Also, hearing how much Bill Polian liked the Floyd pick made me feel better about it.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#3 » by patryk7754 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:35 am

I think we'll be going QB Safety and CB in the fourth. I'll be ecstatic if cash drops to us. Is cook still on the board ?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#4 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:37 am

patryk7754 wrote:I think we'll be going QB Safety and CB in the fourth. I'll be ecstatic if cash drops to us. Is cook still on the board ?

Yeah, Cook keeps dropping.

A lot of teams apparently concerned with him not being selected team captain on his team.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:47 am

Ryan Pace is killing it!

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#6 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:13 am

RedBulls83 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I think we'll be going QB Safety and CB in the fourth. I'll be ecstatic if cash drops to us. Is cook still on the board ?

Yeah, Cook keeps dropping.

A lot of teams apparently concerned with him not being selected team captain on his team.

Cooks likely going 2nd to Cowboys tomorrow. Only way we get him is to trade up to #1. Would you guys be down with trading 2 of our picks to get him?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#7 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:18 am

patryk7754 wrote:So far we have three 1st round talents

This is what I love about the NFL so much more than the nba. NFL you don't have to be a bottom 10 team to get a stud in the draft. A good drafting GM can walk away with a stud in the 1st round every year regardless of slot. That's one reason why ANY 1st round pick has big trade value.

Nba we have the 14th pick and the chances of landing a stud with that pick is very very slim even for an elite GM. Also it's worth very little in trade value.

Only time I think you really need to tank hard in football is when you need a franchise QB. Those are at a major premium

Nba there's really only 2 viable avenues. Contend for title or suck hard. Your screwed if your in the middle and it gets old man.

NFL middle of the road teams can take a next step up with 1 good draft in any given year. NBA your not going from middle to upper echelon thru the draft. Football you just need a good GM and it doesn't matter if your pick is #1 or #32
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#8 » by TNBT » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:32 am

Very happy with this pick too. The guy can be a force at either DE or DT, and has 1st round talent/potential in the eyes of many experts. I really think he, Goldman and Hicks will be a monster Dline with our new LB group and Floyd rushing the passer. I hope we add some help for our DB's with some later pick(s), but even if we don't, they should benefit greatly from a much improved front 7.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#9 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Just very pleased with Pace so far as well. I like that he's been active and (on paper), it looks like he's done his homework so far.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#10 » by Susan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:20 pm

ADDinChicago wrote:Just very pleased with Pace so far as well. I like that he's been active and (on paper), it looks like he's done his homework so far.

He's clearly got a vision and it matches what the experienced coaching staff wants. They're in lockstep and the defense no longer gives me nightmares when thinking about it. If we could draft a QB to develop in the 4th, I'd really be happy.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#11 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Bears apparently tried to trade up to get Jaylen Ramsey
https://t.co/XdgjBxZ2kH

If true then safety or corner or both, or maybe a hybrid, should be coming up this round.

Tons of qb options: dak prescott, Kevin hogan, guy from arkansas, connor cook. I've already said plenty of times I don't like cook. I'd be fine with him but he's definitely not my top option
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Post#12 » by fleet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:20 pm

I was loving the moves until this pick. I get a Corey Wooten vibe from this guy. I was a little meh on this. That said I know little about him. And Wooten had problems holding the edge to win against running plays, so Bullard should be better at that hopefully. Obviously being a 3-4 end is different than a 4-3 too. Hard to get a grasp on this guy's potential.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Re: Round 3: Jonathan Bullard 

Post#13 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:36 pm

fleet wrote:I was loving the moves until this pick. I get a Corey Wooten vibe from this guy. I was a little meh on this. That said I know little about him. And Wooten had problems holding the edge to win against running plays, so Bullard should be better at that hopefully. Obviously being a 3-4 end is different than a 4-3 too. Hard to get a grasp on this guy's potential.

Bullard is nothing like Wooten. Different body, strengths, position, and skills.

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Re: Re: Round 3: Jonathan Bullard 

Post#14 » by fleet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:39 pm

City of Trees wrote:
fleet wrote:I was loving the moves until this pick. I get a Corey Wooten vibe from this guy. I was a little meh on this. That said I know little about him. And Wooten had problems holding the edge to win against running plays, so Bullard should be better at that hopefully. Obviously being a 3-4 end is different than a 4-3 too. Hard to get a grasp on this guy's potential.

Bullard is nothing like Wooten. Different body, strengths, position, and skills.

I'm not comparing them directly as types, mostly as a value impression. Like, Bullard gave me the same feeling that Wooten did as far as his ultimate potential. But these things are worthless comments until they suit up and play. I guess sometimes it is good just to hit it straight down the fairway even if short, instead of trying for the 325 yard drive all the time.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#15 » by transplant » Sun May 1, 2016 7:20 pm

Hard to argue with a Corey Wooten vibe.;) Let me try to balance this with my own Alex Brown vibe.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#16 » by fleet » Sun May 1, 2016 10:44 pm

transplant wrote:

Hard to argue with a Corey Wooten vibe.;) Let me try to balance this with my own Alex Brown vibe.

Mayock said, "in the old days we would have called him a tweener. Today, we'll just call him a millionaire" :wink:

The first reports I read was that he didn't have great athleticism, and was not a pass rusher. Just a run stuffer. So...
I've been reading more and more sunny comments lately that he can rush the passer, and is a very good athlete. So.....
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#17 » by CjayC » Wed May 4, 2016 1:13 pm

fleet wrote:
transplant wrote:

Mayock said, "in the old days we would have called him a tweener. Today, we'll just call him a millionaire" :wink:

The first reports I read was that he didn't have great athleticism, and was not a pass rusher. Just a run stuffer. So...
I've been reading more and more sunny comments lately that he can rush the passer, and is a very good athlete. So.....

Not great at rushing the passer, but has potential to improve in that area. Great run stuffer and very athletic though.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#18 » by TNBT » Thu May 5, 2016 10:31 am

fleet wrote:
transplant wrote:

That's what I've been hearing too. He's a good athlete with a high motor, he's great at stuffing the run and a decent pass rusher with the potential to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#19 » by patryk7754 » Thu May 5, 2016 1:01 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Xff_dZ304[/youtube]

How this guy dropped to the third makes no sense. He gets through the oline with such ease I have no doubt he won't be a successful pass rusher.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#20 » by RedBulls23 » Fri May 6, 2016 3:43 am

patryk7754 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Xff_dZ304[/youtube]

How this guy dropped to the third makes no sense. He gets through the oline with such ease I have no doubt he will be a successful pass rusher.

Fixed :wink:

This was probably my favorite pick considering where we got him.

Return to Chicago Bears