Image Image Image Image

Round 3: Jonathan Bullard

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: Round 3: Jonathan Bullard 

Post#21 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat May 7, 2016 5:04 am

His ability to get off blocks and close is ridiculous. Anytime you watch highlights of guys with similar tackle-for-loss numbers they've got a free run on half of those tackles or more. Bullard always has a body on him, he just disengages so quickly
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: Re: Re: Round 3: Jonathan Bullard 

Post#22 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat May 7, 2016 6:36 pm

fleet wrote:I was loving the moves until this pick. I get a Corey Wooten vibe from this guy. I was a little meh on this. That said I know little about him. And Wooten had problems holding the edge to win against running plays, so Bullard should be better at that hopefully. Obviously being a 3-4 end is different than a 4-3 too. Hard to get a grasp on this guy's potential.

Wootton wasn't athletic. He was just big and strong, but he didn't have elite nfl strength. Bullard has elite block shedding and pursuit for his position. That's what I see on his tape and what all the pros on TV have said.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,402

Re: Re: Re: Round 3: Jonathan Bullard 

Post#23 » by fleet » Sat May 7, 2016 8:50 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:
fleet wrote:I was loving the moves until this pick. I get a Corey Wooten vibe from this guy. I was a little meh on this. That said I know little about him. And Wooten had problems holding the edge to win against running plays, so Bullard should be better at that hopefully. Obviously being a 3-4 end is different than a 4-3 too. Hard to get a grasp on this guy's potential.

Wootton wasn't athletic. He was just big and strong, but he didn't have elite nfl strength. Bullard has elite block shedding and pursuit for his position. That's what I see on his tape and what all the pros on TV have said.

The scouting reports and draft reports that we have been getting lately sound nothing like Wooten. No need to point that out anymore guys, its been digested.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.

Return to Chicago Bears