RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: General Discussion: Bears 2016/17 

Post#41 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 7:48 pm

fleet wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:
fleet wrote:Would it be better if Sitton played center and keep Whitehair at LG?

He's a pro bowl at G...I think we should keep him there. Didn't work the best with Long last year.

Yeah I see that logic. At the same time...Whitehair as the QB of the line, I don't know about that. Though being between Long and Sitton should help. But I have to believe in week 1, Sitton would be better than Whitehair at center, and Whitehair would be better at guard than at center. Week 1 anyway. I think though ultimately, you decide Whitehair's best future position, and get him there ASAP. That said, I don't know where Emma got this:

Chris Emma wrote:Chicago is likely to play Sitton at center, plugging him next to another three-time Pro Bowl player, Kyle Long, along with rookie left guard Cody Whitehair. The Bears have struggled on the offensive line, with the injury to Hroniss Grasu forcing Ted Larsen in at center, a position with which he has struggled.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/09/04/bears-sign-three-time-pro-bowl-guard-josh-sitton/

Though I will add, it might make sense to keep Whitehair at G if that's his long term position with the Bears. We'll have to see what the plan is this Sunday. Kind of sucks that Sitton wasn't able to be part of training camp or any pre-season games.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,413

Post#42 » by fleet » Mon Sep 5, 2016 10:19 pm

question settled quickly. Whitehair will probably get a crack at starting center before Larson

As expected, former Green Bay Packer All-Pro Josh Sitton settled in Monday at left guard, where he played the last three years in Green Bay and “automatically upgrades our offensive line,” GM Ryan Pace said Monday.

https://dawindycity.com/2016/09/05/chicago-bears-sign-pro-bowl-guard-josh-sitton/
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Post#43 » by patryk7754 » Tue Sep 6, 2016 12:41 pm

We might have the best oline next year. I'm pretty sure Sitton has the ability to play LT at a high level (he may have done so with the Packers) which would give us a starting oline of Sitton Whitehair Grasu Long Massie
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#44 » by fleet » Tue Sep 6, 2016 4:05 pm

Sitton played LT for one game in an emergency, and was good for a guard, below average for a LT. He cant do it.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#45 » by patryk7754 » Tue Sep 6, 2016 11:18 pm

fleet wrote:Sitton played LT for one game in an emergency, and was good for a guard, below average for a LT. He cant do it.

Hes probably being move to one of the tackle spots. Grasu will be starting center and neither long nor whitehear will play tackle I'm guessing. My guess is that Sitton takes massies spot
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#46 » by Axxo » Thu Sep 8, 2016 2:05 pm

Love the Sitton edition. Packer fans freaking out over their loss is priceless.
On Bears record this season, i thought this would be interesting to compare using hindsight. This is from last April. Based on the moves made in the off-season. Do you guys feel the bears took steps forward or backwards?
http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago-bears/post/_/id/4702435/chicago-bears-game-by-game-predictions
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#47 » by fleet » Thu Sep 8, 2016 6:28 pm

Axxo wrote:Love the Sitton edition. Packer fans freaking out over their loss is priceless.
On Bears record this season, i thought this would be interesting to compare using hindsight. This is from last April. Based on the moves made in the off-season. Do you guys feel the bears took steps forward or backwards?
http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago-bears/post/_/id/4702435/chicago-bears-game-by-game-predictions

I feel like they are treading water. Forte is gone. Arians was happy to let Massie go. You lose a McPhee, you gain a Sitton, eh, but he replaces Slauson. Your corners suck again, are banged up. Maybe White and Hicks gives you some progress, but you lost your premium tight end too. OK, so the new linebackers might put you back up some, but they might be overrated. Ehhh, IDK. And rookies are rookies. Depth is bad. Possible .500 team upside.

Anyway, link us to some good Packers fan freakouts
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#48 » by patryk7754 » Fri Sep 9, 2016 1:26 am

So Lynch is considering a comeback. Does he have to go back to the Hawks or can anybody pick him up? Not like we'd get
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#49 » by City of Trees » Fri Sep 9, 2016 2:18 pm

The bears are two injuries away (Miller, Jeffery) from having a really bad season.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Post#50 » by karch34 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:08 am

City of Trees wrote:The bears are two injuries away (Miller, Jeffery) from having a really bad season.

Very true, but I would say most teams are in a spot if they lose top WR and TE it would get ugly.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,481

Post#51 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,481

Post#52 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: General Discussion: Bears 2016/17 

Post#53 » by City of Trees » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:00 pm

karch34 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:The bears are two injuries away (Miller, Jeffery) from having a really bad season.

Very true, but I would say most teams are in a spot if they lose top WR and TE it would get ugly.

You're correct but these two players I named get hurt climbing out of bed. It's different than just naming any teams best wr and te

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#54 » by fleet » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:48 pm

Chicago Bears guard Kyle Long, who signed a $40 million extension this past week, will be playing this season with a torn labrum in his left shoulder, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Long tore his labrum last month and practiced this past week in a limited fashion for the first time in three weeks. The injury is expected to impact Long's performance this season, where it will be more difficult for him to rely on his strength

That is a bad injury, takes "long" to heal, and it probably wont heal until they go in and fix it. They actually should shut him down, fix it and get it over with imo. But they will take the Pernell McPhee Joakim Noah route and probably make it worse.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Re: RE: Re: General Discussion: Bears 2016/17 

Post#55 » by karch34 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:00 pm

City of Trees wrote:
karch34 wrote:

You're correct but these two players I named get hurt climbing out of bed. It's different than just naming any teams best wr and te

It does seems like that.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#56 » by fleet » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Kyle Long already.

Axxo
Analyst

Post#57 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:02 pm

fleet wrote:
Axxo wrote:Love the Sitton edition. Packer fans freaking out over their loss is priceless.

I feel like they are treading water. Forte is gone. Arians was happy to let Massie go. You lose a McPhee, you gain a Sitton, eh, but he replaces Slauson. Your corners suck again, are banged up. Maybe White and Hicks gives you some progress, but you lost your premium tight end too. OK, so the new linebackers might put you back up some, but they might be overrated. Ehhh, IDK. And rookies are rookies. Depth is bad. Possible .500 team upside.

Anyway, link us to some good Packers fan freakouts

There are some good ones in here 8-) :
viewtopic.php?f=161&t=1473100&start=540
Axxo
Analyst

Post#58 » by Axxo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:03 am

Bears are still trying to dig themselves out of the hole the Angelo, Emery/Trestman/Tucker regimes put them in. This gonna be a process fellas. Enjoy... :wordyo:
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#59 » by patryk7754 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 am

Just looked at Pace's first draft.
RD 1: White
RD 2: Goldman
RD 3: Grasu
RD 4: Langford
RD 5: Amos

Those are 5 out of our six picks. Not only are they still on the team but they are starters (or would be if they wouldn't be hurt). And not only are they starters they Grasu, Amos and Goldman all have played great. Langford did well last year and the jury is still out on White.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#60 » by fleet » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:27 am

White, may have already shown he isn't going to have Julio Jones or Mr Green upside. I hope he still can have Amari Cooper upside. Those are football players by the way, White is still an athlete/track guy playing receiver. He can still be good, but he hasnt had a good game yet. We better hope he's hurt.

Grasu was still just a prospect. They liked him, yet unproven. Smallish.

Goldman and Amos are solid starters, but Langford has never done anything special other than get positive yardage. I'm still not sold. I think eventually Howard will beat him out.

It should end up being a productive draft, if they end up with more than 2 starters. IDK how great it was. I actually like this years class better. Pace and Fox have a lot of proving to do still.

Return to Chicago Bears