Image Image Image Image

Preseason week 3: Chiefs @ Bears

Moderators: chitownsports4ever, emperorjones

patryk7754
Lead Assistant
And1: 485

Preseason week 3: Chiefs @ Bears 

Post#1 » by patryk7754 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:17 pm

This is going to be the third straight good starting defense in a row. The starting O will most likely play at least until halftime (if I recall the playing time trend of the preseason) so this game will probably be most indicative of how the Bears will start the season. The Defense will be challenged as well. The chiefs might have the best running game in the NFL and their passing game is good too.

One obivious thing I'd like to see is the defense and offense being competent and showing they can preform against a top defense. Another thing I'd like the Bears take away from this game is that the offense should be ran similar to the way the Chiefs run theirs. They're 5 yard pass offense has worked for a guy who shown he doesn't have to be protected from himself so I think it'll be great for Cutler.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 730

Re: Preseason week 3: Chiefs @ Bears 

Post#2 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Im really ready for the Jay Cutler era to be over with . This offense is just devoid of any type of leadership and it never seems like its ready to play . Thats not all on Jay but after so many years of the same issues Im just tired of seeing it .

The defense really needs Pernell.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
NZB2323
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,728

Post#3 » by NZB2323 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:Im really ready for the Jay Cutler era to be over with . This offense is just devoid of any type of leadership and it never seems like its ready to play . Thats not all on Jay but after so many years of the same issues Im just tired of seeing it .

What was the offense like before we had Jay Cutler?
Fire GarPax! How do you start the rebuilding process by trading a draft pick for money? I know it was a late pick, but so were Butler, Taj Gibson, Draymond Green, and Isiah Thomas. The Warriors wanted the guy, and they're good at evaluating talent.
transplant
General Manager
And1: 1,580

Post#4 » by transplant » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:11 pm

Yeah, it's preseason, but this was disappointing. I'm a big believer in that the key to NFL football is having your big uglies beat your opponents' big uglies, i.e., the game is won/lost in the trenches. Not a very good game for our lines, particularly the OL.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:20 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:Im really ready for the Jay Cutler era to be over with . This offense is just devoid of any type of leadership and it never seems like its ready to play . Thats not all on Jay but after so many years of the same issues Im just tired of seeing it .

What was the offense like before we had Jay Cutler?

Not good enough to win games by itself either but certainly smart enough not to lose them for you . The Bears offense the past 2 season has been 23rd points and 21st yards and thats with pro bowl talent on the perimeter like Bennett,Marshall,and Jefferey to go along with Forte . BEFORE Jay got here the bears offense was 14th points and 16th yards and our #1 receiver was Hester .

After 7 years its pretty clear Cutler is not a difference maker whatsoever . Cutler is 33 years old and I would much rather watch a young guy than what he is doing right now which is nothing.

Im ALL in on the tank for Deshaun Watson wagon at this point . I would hope at this point no one is out there trying to sell Cutler as the guy .
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,180

Post#6 » by fleet » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:25 pm

oh boy :nonono:

And Connor Shaw looked good. Sigh.

This is as bad as I've seen the Bears look in a preseason. I don't see it getting much better TBH.
JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:33 pm

fleet wrote:oh boy :nonono:

This is as bad as I've seen the Bears look in a preseason. I don't see it getting much better TBH.

Shaw looked really good . The front 7 looked good defensively and was actually holding their own against the Chiefs early on and they will be even better if they can get Pernell back on the field .The lack of depth at corner right now will hurt them eventually.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,180

Post#8 » by fleet » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:42 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
fleet wrote:oh boy :nonono:

Shaw looked really good . The front 7 looked good defensively and was actually holding their own against the Chiefs early on and they will be even better if they can get Pernell back on the field .The lack of depth at corner right now will hurt them eventually.

I actually had to leave in the second quarter for awhile, but as in other games, the secondary hardly made any plays. I think Porter broke up a pass finally. The pass rush was again nothing more than average at best. I'm left to look forward to Kyle Fuller and a skinny rookie linebacker, Bullard, another rookie, and McPhee to come back strong. Not great betting odds so far.

The O-Line, I don't know man. Based just on Preseason, it feels like another transition year to me. And I'm not usually that guy
JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.

Return to Chicago Bears