Lions AT Bears

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: RE: Re: Lions AT Bears 

Post#21 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 4, 2016 9:26 pm

City of Trees wrote:Don't get ahead of yourself ... Hoyer played one good game. I need to see consistency before I jump onboard with this post.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm not getting ahead of myself. I know what Hoyer is. I just think it might work out better to use the additional cap space to build up the defense, and Oline and draft a QB to see if he can beat out Hoyer for the starting spot.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#22 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Oct 5, 2016 3:03 pm

City of Trees wrote:
CjayC wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:I think Cutler is gone this off-season for sure.

Just bring back Hoyer for another season to start, and they HAVE to draft a QB in this coming draft.

Yeah I'd be cool with that. I just hope that Alshon has the patience and to deal with an iffy QB situation until we find the new guy.

Don't get ahead of yourself ... Hoyer played one good game. I need to see consistency before I jump onboard with this post.

Hoyer is the first Bears QB since Mccown to have back to back 300 yard games .

Hoyer had no turnovers in back to back games its been over 30 games since we could say that about Cutler . 30 Games !!!

It aint about anointing Hoyer its about removing Cutler and his baggage from the team so that someone else at least has a chance to emerge .

Cutler has started 99 games for the Bears and by himself has a 168 turnovers . Now removing jay doesn't fix all of our problems but why should we continue to saddle all of our young players with his baggage for that type of consistency.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,716

Re: Lions AT Bears 

Post#23 » by NZB2323 » Wed Oct 5, 2016 8:05 pm

We should have kept McCown and spent all that money we gave to Cutler elsewhere.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#24 » by CjayC » Thu Oct 6, 2016 6:21 am

I heard that Trestman for all of his suck was in favor of getting another QB. It was Emery that was convinced they could win with that offensive core and the good, but aging Defense at the time.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#25 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 6, 2016 12:50 pm

CjayC wrote:I heard that Trestman for all of his suck was in favor of getting another QB. It was Emery that was convinced they could win with that offensive core and the good, but aging Defense at the time.

I doubt that since we were on our way to the playoffs with McCown and then he got benched for Cutler
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#26 » by City of Trees » Thu Oct 6, 2016 3:19 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
CjayC wrote:I heard that Trestman for all of his suck was in favor of getting another QB. It was Emery that was convinced they could win with that offensive core and the good, but aging Defense at the time.

I doubt that since we were on our way to the playoffs with McCown and then he got benched for Cutler

Trestman was very passive. I can see a scenario where Emry told Trestman to put Cutler back in and Trestman folded.

Return to Chicago Bears