Image Image Image Image

OT: Mike Glennon

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

ryan44
Analyst
And1: 985

Re: OT: Mike Glennon 

Post#21 » by ryan44 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:12 pm

League Circles wrote:The only thing I know about this guy is that he's 6 foot 7. That's the only thing keeping me from hating the move

The $19 million guaranteed pretty much makes this a 1-year deal, with Chicago having the option to keep him around for a bit if he works out. Still don't like the deal, but it could have been worse.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#22 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:13 pm

The Jets will be taking Cutler off our hands. Thank any NYK friends you have...lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
ryan44
Analyst
And1: 985

Post#23 » by ryan44 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:15 pm

Axxo wrote:The Jets will be taking Cutler off our hands. Thank any NYK friends you have...lol

The Jets aren't doing Chicago any favors by signing Cutler after he's been released.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: RE: Re: OT: Mike Glennon 

Post#24 » by Axxo » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:17 pm

ryan44 wrote:
Axxo wrote:The Jets will be taking Cutler off our hands. Thank any NYK friends you have...lol

The Jets aren't doing Chicago any favors by signing Cutler after he's been released.

Still something fun to say to a Jets fan...lol

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#25 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:21 pm

We are having a conversation about this on the Bears board. Going to move this over there.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,600

Post#26 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:33 pm

If you focus on the stats that I just posted, you would quickly come to the realization that Glennon is going to basically be afforded the opportunity here that he rightfully earned in Tampa even though he never really got it. He basically started 18 games, which is just two games more than a full season and put up very competitive numbers. Just to put it in perspective, good NFL QBs usually aim for a TD/INT ratio of 2 to 1 or better. Glennon is right at 2 to 1. Most good NFL QBs usually aim for Comp% of 65% or better. He falls short there at 59.4. Most good NFL QBs are aiming at 3800 yards per season as starters and Glennon is right there. The average QBR for starting QBs over the past 5 years is 74.2. Glennon is well above that at 84 and change. So, by the numbers, Glennon passes the smell test at the very least.

On another note, those that don't like this signing might have been pining for Garrappollo. Now, I'm not saying that Garrappollo wont be a very good NFL QB. But as of now, we have nothing to substantiate that other than the fact that he's been sitting behind the best the game as ever seen under one of the best head coaches that we've ever seen. Sure, that does count for something. But it doesn't offer any guarantees. Furthermore, you have to consider the fact that we would have had to have given up multiple prospects just to get Garrappollo, which effectively means that we would have been married to this guy for better or worse. And when you are a team that is as bad as the Bears with as many needs as we have, you can't afford to be giving up multiple prospects for a "what-if" proposition.

So then, if not Garrappollo, then who else? Romo? (Big money/Big injury risk). Cousins (Big money, no guarantee that he'd even want to come here). Cutler? (yeah right..). Kaepernick? (Maybe). Hoyer? (DO NOT BE FOOLED BY A FEW NICE GAMES!!)

Return to Chicago Bears