OT: Trubisky

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Re: RE: Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#101 » by CjayC » Mon Oct 9, 2017 3:29 am

City of Trees wrote:
fleet wrote:If you like Pace, Does this not shake your faith? Like, how was he wrong about Glennon and right about Trubisky? (if he indeed is right) Tells me the guy is just taking pot shots in the dark.

He set up his contract where Glennon will be dumped after year 1. Clear rental.

Also there was some potential with Glennon not getting tons of PT and coming off his rookie contract so the logic adds up. With that said, Bears needed to sign a QB if not Glennon then who? This class was weak af. Pace aigned the consensus "best" qb to what would be a one yr deal.... Furthermore, even before Glennon plays a down Pace sells the farm to move up and draft Trubisky which tells everyone Pace never viewed Glennon as the answer.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Someone will say they should have signed Hoyer, but using the same 20/20 hindsight vision everyone would have known they were in the QB market with a depth chart of Hoyer & Sanchez. That trade up for Trubisky might get more expensive, the Browns might take him outright #1, maybe competition for the #2 pick gets a bit stiffer. The landscape changes quite a bit if we have known NFL retreads on the team as opposed to Glennon who was an unknown.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#102 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 9, 2017 3:15 pm

CjayC wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
fleet wrote:If you like Pace, Does this not shake your faith? Like, how was he wrong about Glennon and right about Trubisky? (if he indeed is right) Tells me the guy is just taking pot shots in the dark.

He set up his contract where Glennon will be dumped after year 1. Clear rental.

Also there was some potential with Glennon not getting tons of PT and coming off his rookie contract so the logic adds up. With that said, Bears needed to sign a QB if not Glennon then who? This class was weak af. Pace aigned the consensus "best" qb to what would be a one yr deal.... Furthermore, even before Glennon plays a down Pace sells the farm to move up and draft Trubisky which tells everyone Pace never viewed Glennon as the answer.

Someone will say they should have signed Hoyer, but using the same 20/20 hindsight vision everyone would have known they were in the QB market with a depth chart of Hoyer & Sanchez. That trade up for Trubisky might get more expensive, the Browns might take him outright #1, maybe competition for the #2 pick gets a bit stiffer. The landscape changes quite a bit if we have known NFL retreads on the team as opposed to Glennon who was an unknown.

Yep.

Signing Glennon gave the Bears options at #3 and allowed them to hold the Trubisky cards to their vest.

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#103 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:18 pm

City of Trees wrote:
CjayC wrote:
City of Trees wrote:He set up his contract where Glennon will be dumped after year 1. Clear rental.

Yep.

Signing Glennon gave the Bears options at #3 and allowed them to hold the Trubisky cards to their vest.

Thats what I said back in the last game thread and I was told it was illogical......?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#104 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 9, 2017 5:44 pm

Axxo wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
CjayC wrote:

Yep.

Thats what I said back in the last game thread and I was told it was illogical......?

I've been off the boards for a month or two.. If you said the same then I like your thinking. I'm with you

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#105 » by Susan » Mon Oct 9, 2017 6:43 pm

Regarding the Glennon signing/reasoning, say he's good, they could have traded him to a QB needy team next offseason and gotten value out of him.

Looking forward to seeing Mitch out there tonight. Looking at the playmaking abilities of Dak, Rodgers, Alex Smith and other mobile QBs, it's going to be fun watching the Bears with a playmaker out there.

In order for him to be successful, they need to have continuity around him and surround him with playmakers & a good o-line. They can't do the same **** they did to Culter and put everything on his shoulders.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#106 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 9, 2017 7:06 pm

Apply Glennon $$$ to WR1 in the off-season.

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#107 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:51 pm

City of Trees wrote:Apply Glennon $$$ to WR1 in the off-season.

May have to trade a 3rd rounder to get one.

Who's FA at WR next off-season anyways?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#108 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 9, 2017 11:40 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:

Haven't looked yet... But I'm going to start my research soon lol

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#109 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:19 am

City of Trees wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

Maybe they can sign Alshon Jeffery. :lol:
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#110 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:21 am

That's a pass you'd like to see the DBs pick off.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,601
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#111 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:26 pm

City of Trees wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

I think we lost our 2018 3rd round pick in the Trubisky trade (or was it the 4th round pick?).

Overall, I liked what I saw from Trubisky last night. He never seemed to really lose control or look rattled. For the most part, he was able to make every throw and put the ball in a place where only the WR could get it. The exception being a couple of high passes and the interception.

He did have 2 turnovers, but I feel like they were both experience issues. I don't know if it was possible for him to feel the backside pressure on that fumble, but maybe some more playing time will help there. And the interception was just forcing a ball and trying to do too much, which will be corrected in time.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#112 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:45 pm

mlitney01 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:May have to trade a 3rd rounder to get one.

I think we lost our 2018 3rd round pick in the Trubisky trade (or was it the 4th round pick?).

Overall, I liked what I saw from Trubisky last night. He never seemed to really lose control or look rattled. For the most part, he was able to make every throw and put the ball in a place where only the WR could get it. The exception being a couple of high passes and the interception.

He did have 2 turnovers, but I feel like they were both experience issues. I don't know if it was possible for him to feel the backside pressure on that fumble, but maybe some more playing time will help there. And the interception was just forcing a ball and trying to do too much, which will be corrected in time.

The first TO wasn't really on him. Leno got beat pretty badly and there wasn't much time to react. He had the ball barely for like 2 seconds after the snap.

The interception was a young QB getting baited by an experience DB into throwing a bad pass. That is definitely something he will hopefully learn from.
cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#113 » by cruwinas » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Trubisky so far the best Q for the Bears in a long, long while. A like the spunk in the kid.

2-4 record could be easily 4-2. And with Rogers out (sorry buddy, though you are a cheesehead, you game is marvelous), Bears future looks pretty good.
:crazy:
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#114 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Mitch TruBEARsky

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#115 » by Chi town » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 am

Think Money Mitch is going to make some plays against the Panthers.

Bears win this one and playoffs will be all the talk.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,332

Post#116 » by fleet » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:54 am

Chi town wrote:Think Money Mitch is going to make some plays against the Panthers.

He had to face the Vikings and Ravens defenses to open his season with no receivers. Grading on a curve, he held his own. The team responds to him. That says more than anything else really.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#117 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:07 am

fleet wrote:
Chi town wrote:Think Money Mitch is going to make some plays against the Panthers.

He had to face the Vikings and Ravens defenses to open his season with no receivers. Grading on a curve, he held his own. The team responds to him. That says more than anything else really.

They need to get Wright on the field more. He's the only consistent weapon for Mitch, but they don't utilize him enough.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#118 » by Chi town » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:07 am

fleet wrote:

True. He’s a humble inspiring leader that learns quick and has lots of talent. I think the kids gonna be a star.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#119 » by molepharmer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Apparently he's got a new nickname or at least I'd never seen it before. "The Pretty Boy Assassin"
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-mitch-trubisky-bears-panthers-spt-1021-20171020-story.html

...To this point, the rookie has shown that his poise is a major strength. Teammates continue vouching for his natural leadership ability as well. Leonard Floyd even has given the young quarterback a new nickname — "The Pretty Boy Assassin."

"I love 'The Pretty Boy Assassin,'" outside linebacker Pernell McPhee said. "That's my boy. He's really calm. He's very composed."...
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#120 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Wonder how high Calvin Ridley will go next draft. Could be a guy Pace looks at.

Return to Chicago Bears