OT: Trubisky

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#121 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 pm

The only thing I don't like about Ridley is his age.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#122 » by Susan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Cool article about Mitch taking the reigns of the franchise. Link

Really like what we're seeing from Mitch. Kid seems special.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,791

Post#123 » by NZB2323 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:34 pm

fleet wrote:If you like Pace, Does this not shake your faith? Like, how was he wrong about Glennon and right about Trubisky? (if he indeed is right) Tells me the guy is just taking pot shots in the dark.

Every GM is taking pot shots in the dark, but we had the rookie of the year last year and this year we got Mitch Trubisky, Tarik Cohen, and Eddie Jackson. Glennon only has 1 year of guaranteed money, the defense looks really good, and Pace just traded for a WR. That guy may not work out or he may be okay, but it's hard to hate on Pace right now.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#124 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:53 pm

Anquan Bolden anyone?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Susan
RealGM

Post#125 » by Susan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Anquan Bolden anyone?

He's more of a slot though. Kendall Wright has been good for us from there.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,397

Post#126 » by fleet » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:08 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
fleet wrote:If you like Pace, Does this not shake your faith? Like, how was he wrong about Glennon and right about Trubisky? (if he indeed is right) Tells me the guy is just taking pot shots in the dark.

Every GM is taking pot shots in the dark, but we had the rookie of the year last year and this year we got Mitch Trubisky, Tarik Cohen, and Eddie Jackson. Glennon only has 1 year of guaranteed money, the defense looks really good, and Pace just traded for a WR. That guy may not work out or he may be okay, but it's hard to hate on Pace right now.

Easy to hate on Pace's win percentage. Compare it to Emery's and all we will get is rationalizing in defense.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#127 » by City of Trees » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:16 pm

Susan wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Anquan Bolden anyone?

He's more of a slot though. Kendall Wright has been good for us from there.

T.Y. Hilton

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Susan
RealGM

Post#128 » by Susan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:24 am

fleet wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

Easy to hate on Pace's win percentage. Compare it to Emery's and all we will get is rationalizing in defense.

How was Theo's winning % his first years with the Cubs?

This thing feels legit. I'm into Howard, Cohen & Mitch as the building blocks for the offense. Floyd & Hicks are both cornerstones, Eddie Jackson & Amos make up the best safety combo we've had since Mike Brown's days. Glennon was a flop, but Freeman, Trevathan, Sitton and Hicks have all been great FA signings.

The W/L will be better.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,791

Post#129 » by NZB2323 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:27 pm

fleet wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

He inherited a 5-11 team that was led by a 32 year old Jay Cutler with a QBR of 66, whose only pro bowlers were Kyle Long and Martellus Bennett.

In 2005 the Green Bay Packers went 4-12, and then the following year they started off 4-8. It would be incorrect to say the GM did a bad job because of their record. In those two years the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, AJ Hawk, and Greg Jennings.

I think there are things to criticize Pace for, but there are things to criticize every GM for, and you should also give him credit for the good moves he's made. Howard, Cohen, Trubisky, Jackson, Trevathan, and Floyd is a solid young core.

Football isn't a sport with a large sample size, and most games go a different way if the ball bounces a different way a few times. Hell, if the refs made some different calls against the Saints we win that game. What we have seen is Pace has added talent to the roster.

The biggest problem with our roster is the lack of wide receivers. Kevin White has been injured, which no one could really predict, Brandon Marshall was an aging headcase, and yeah, I think we should have kept Alshon Jeffrey, but his production has also decreased. Pace just got Dontrelle Inman who didn't play on Sunday, and on Sunday we had more passing production.
Truebiscuit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,005

Post#130 » by Truebiscuit » Fri Nov 3, 2017 2:20 pm

Susan wrote:
fleet wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

How was Theo's winning % his first years with the Cubs?

This thing feels legit. I'm into Howard, Cohen & Mitch as the building blocks for the offense. Floyd & Hicks are both cornerstones, Eddie Jackson & Amos make up the best safety combo we've had since Mike Brown's days. Glennon was a flop, but Freeman, Trevathan, Sitton and Hicks have all been great FA signings.

The W/L will be better.

Two completely different sports and approaches. Theo openly admitted to tanking (look at the roster he assembled). Pace and Fox were given a bare cupboard, but they weren't trying to lose.

Huge, huge difference.
Working on becoming Titletown:
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
White Sox - nobody cares :D
Truebiscuit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,005

Post#131 » by Truebiscuit » Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:46 pm

Loved this:

Ryan Wood‏Verified account @ByRyanWood

Josh Sitton with funny anecdote on Mitch Trubisky: "We started to break the huddle early, and he said, ‘Get the f--- back in the huddle, and don’t break it until I break it.’ He kind of cussed at all of us linemen, and I was like, ‘Hell, yeah. I respect the s--- out of that.’
Working on becoming Titletown:
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
White Sox - nobody cares :D

Return to Chicago Bears