Image Image Image Image

OT: Trubisky

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#21 » by JohnnyTapwater » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 pm

I swear the game plan looked like it favored Trubisky...lol... The FO aint slick.....

I'm glad they did it tho, it made me optimistic.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#22 » by Bandit King » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:27 pm

This guy should be staring over that failure Glennon.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,397

Post#23 » by fleet » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Those angry threads on draft night and after were epic
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#24 » by Axxo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 pm

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#25 » by fleet » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Axxo wrote:

Credit for sticking to your guns. But you might ought to be laying low. For the next ten years.

By the way, how weak was that point?... Trubisky followed 2 bad quarterbacks, so therefore blah blah blah I'm Shannon Sharpe.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#26 » by Axxo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Gotcha so 1 pre-season game means he is a lock to be a future HOF. Duly noted
Axxo
Analyst

Post#27 » by Axxo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm

They also pointed out how Mitch was used. Now to clarify my position...I think he needs the year to learn before given the opportunity to start. Not ready to sign off on him til i see him in a regular season game doing well against a good defense. Only then would I say it was a good move.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#28 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 am

fleet wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Credit for sticking to your guns. But you might ought to be laying low. For the next ten years.

By the way, how weak was that point?... Trubisky followed 2 bad quarterbacks, so therefore blah blah blah I'm Shannon Sharpe.

The new first take.

Shannon Sharpe is gawd awful. Trubisky may not have the best career, but going to Sharpe would be the last thing anyone should do for any insight in regards to Mitch's play.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#29 » by fleet » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:31 am

Axxo wrote:Gotcha so 1 pre-season game means he is a lock to be a future HOF. Duly noted

There's no denying to most people he showed a lot of ability. Whether or not he ever does it again is the question. Skills being skills, and this being his first time out, probably indicates more to come. Frequency indeterminate.

They also pointed out how Mitch was used. Now to clarify my position...I think he needs the year to learn before given the opportunity to start. Not ready to sign off on him til i see him in a regular season game doing well against a good defense. Only then would I say it was a good move

You're not making sense. First you make a point of the idea of him following 2 bad quarterbacks is the reason he looked good in comparison. Then you say after all that, you believe he should be sitting behind those bad quarterbacks. Then you say you won't trust him until he plays a reg season game and does well (which you wouldnt give him a shot at). I will need that explained further. I like the way that is set up. Kid can't win.

How he was used? That's a problem in terms of rendering a scouting report in what universe? Every coach calls plays that emphasize his QBs skill set. MTs set appears to be quite diverse imo. The point being, I have a definate opinion on his ability. Commit to an early opinion and then ride with it without qualifying everything.
Trm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 772

Post#30 » by Trm3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 am

As a Carolina fan I saw plenty of Tar Heel games. Bears got a really good QB. When watching him at UNC I was really impressed with how calm he was under pressure. You would have thought he was a senior with how relax he was in those moments.

He can do everything you want in a Franchise QB.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#31 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 am

fleet wrote:
Axxo wrote:Gotcha so 1 pre-season game means he is a lock to be a future HOF. Duly noted

There's no denying to most people he showed a lot of ability. Whether or not he ever does it again is the question. Skills being skills, and this being his first time out, probably indicates more to come. Frequency indeterminate.

They also pointed out how Mitch was used. Now to clarify my position...I think he needs the year to learn before given the opportunity to start. Not ready to sign off on him til i see him in a regular season game doing well against a good defense. Only then would I say it was a good move

You're not making sense. First you make a point of the idea of him following 2 bad quarterbacks is the reason he looked good in comparison. Then you say after all that, you believe he should be sitting behind those bad quarterbacks. Then you say you won't trust him until he plays a reg season game and does well (which you wouldnt give him a shot at). I will need that explained further. I like the way that is set up. Kid can't win.

How he was used? That's a problem in terms of rendering a scouting report in what universe? Every coach calls plays that emphasize his QBs skill set. MTs set appears to be quite diverse imo. The point being, I have a definate opinion on his ability. Commit to an early opinion and then ride with it without qualifying everything.

His skill set may actually be best for our oline. He seems to have that clock in his head and know when to get rid of it or not sit in the pocket for too long when it's about to collapse.

In general, Glennon isn't mobile to be able to run those bootlegs that they ran for Mitchell.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#32 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Axxo wrote:

This really didnt surprise me and there is some truth to the comments . Its the first preseason game so I found the comments acceptable .

The only thing that bothered me and I can tell that they didn't watch the entire game is that those bootlegs were there the entire game even when Glennon was in . The way defense pay our run game that those rollouts are always there we finally ave someone in Mitch that can really take advantage . So while they helped shorten then teh field for Mitch they also were the appropriate play calls to counter what the defense had been doing .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#33 » by Axxo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:13 pm

fleet wrote:

I posted a video but I didn't provide any comments in that post. So I never actually made a point about who played behind whom. So that would be an assumption about what my take on the video was.

Their comments on how he was used revolved around him rolling out of the pocket alot. He also was given 1st string options to throw to like Cruz against a 3rd string defense. The coaching staff put him in good positions to make completions which is expected, however things need to be kept in perspective. What i took from the video is that its too soon to sign off on MT as a starter or even more unrealstically as a future legend or HOF. That my point, he showed poise relative to the position he was placed in. Doesnt mean he will look that way in a regular season game against a good defense. He is also an investment. They gave up alot and turned down the opportunity to get other players with more body of work coming in. The Bears haven't made improvements to the offensive line and drafted a bunch of projects. MT should sit and learn for a year while Pace works on putting a better oline out there. Let Glennon earn his 15 mil and Sanchez back him up this season.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#34 » by fleet » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Of course games will tell the story of his worth.

What does your amateur scouting report on him say? Offer an opinion instead of constant doubt without rationalizing it. That is what you never include and wont go on record with. Mine says quick release, recognition of the defense. Advanced ability to place balls in windows with anticipation. Great pocket presence and athleticism. I believe RB83 mentioned the clock in his head which is an elite feature. His feet are like Steve Young. He can throw on the run at odd angles accurately with pace.

I think he is a premium skilled QB that has the "It". I'm not waiting for any games to say he is this or that in order to render a scouting report. I already think he is highly skilled. Real games will be a struggle for any rookie or young QB, that is not a fair yardstick for a simple early evaluation, nor reason to cast constant doubt without providing specific problems to worry about. What I still need to see is him to stand tall in the pocket and get the ball out under pressure the way Kiser did a couple times looking like Big Ben. What say you?
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#35 » by fleet » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:12 pm

In addition, this notion that he needs to sit just because is old thinking. Young QBs develop on the field with reps nowadays. If he is the best, he should play. Especially in a year when there is plenty of time as the team itself over all is still developing. Put the future on the field immediately. Could give a **** about 15 million. That was a needless mistake.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#36 » by Axxo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 pm

fleet wrote:Of course games will tell the story of his worth.

What does your amateur scouting report on him say? Offer an opinion instead of constant doubt without rationalizing it. That is what you never include and wont go on record with. Mine says quick release, recognition of the defense. Advanced ability to place balls in windows with anticipation. Great pocket presence and athleticism. I believe RB83 mentioned the clock in his head which is an elite feature. His feet are like Steve Young. He can throw on the run at odd angles accurately with pace.

I think he is a premium skilled QB that has the "It". I'm not waiting for any games to say he is this or that in order to render a scouting report. I already think he is highly skilled. Real games will be a struggle for any rookie or young QB, that is not a fair yardstick for a simple early evaluation, nor reason to cast constant doubt without providing specific problems to worry about. What I still need to see is him to stand tall in the pocket and get the ball out under pressure the way Kiser did a couple times looking like Big Ben. What say you?

I only saw bits of Kiser in the highlights. I would say I would need to see that also. MT showed pocket awareness and quickness. He was also decisive. There was once where i thought he turned the wrong way during an escape but he got away with it. No harm done. He has alot of intangibles seemingly more than MG or MS. Speaking of that I'll probably look up Sanchez pre-season performances and see what he looked like after 13 starts in college. For a pre-season game MT looked great. I expected more from the other two given their NFL experience.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#37 » by fleet » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 pm

A lot of people were talking about that long completion after the reset in the pocket. ButI also liked that impressive throw to Randle on the goal line. Good QBs make throws like that.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#38 » by Axxo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Mark Sanchez rookie preseason highlights for comparison. If someone can get this viewable in HD it'll be greatly appreciated.

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: RE: Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#39 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:13 am

League Circles wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:As someone who wanted Thomas or Adams, I was very surprised. Its preseason, but I was impressed that Trubisky had such good pocket presence. He was fluid, decisive, stood tall and put passes where his receivers stood the best chance. The game didn't look too fast for him.

This however, isn't a reaction to the game. I think the Bears are handling this situation terribly. To be naive and not acknowledge or entertain a QB competition in camp is bogus. It's not like Glennon is some proven starter who's earned the benefit of the doubt. We have no idea what we're getting from him. Chicago should start the QB who gives them the best chance to win.

Contrary to belief, that QB hasn't been determined yet. And my gut tells me that it's Trubisky. But Chicago is trying to do their best to convince people that a rookie QB should not start right away. I'll understand if Trubisky looks raw and unprepared, but if he looks the opposite as he did last night, you can't bench him.

I think they're handling it very well. It's a lot harder and more problematic to go from Trubisky to Glennon that vice versa if things start to look bad. Also, and this is big, if Glennon plays pretty well, he becomes a real trade asset. If Trubisky starts from day 1, Glennon will have no trade value.

If it's obvious, which it might become, even before the start of the season, then sure you start Trubisky. And they might. But they need to maintain their stance until it's certain, which should take more than one pre-season game to determine. He looked great in highlights though. Very exciting.

I agree with all of this 100%. This is the smart move.

And for people who say we wasted money on Glennon, Pace hedged his bet. Got a starter in FA in case he couldn't land Trubisky in the draft. The Browns and 49ers were both desperate for a qb, either one could've just taken him.

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#40 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:15 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
League Circles wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:As someone who wanted Thomas or Adams, I was very surprised. Its preseason, but I was impressed that Trubisky had such good pocket presence. He was fluid, decisive, stood tall and put passes where his receivers stood the best chance. The game didn't look too fast for him.

This however, isn't a reaction to the game. I think the Bears are handling this situation terribly. To be naive and not acknowledge or entertain a QB competition in camp is bogus. It's not like Glennon is some proven starter who's earned the benefit of the doubt. We have no idea what we're getting from him. Chicago should start the QB who gives them the best chance to win.

Contrary to belief, that QB hasn't been determined yet. And my gut tells me that it's Trubisky. But Chicago is trying to do their best to convince people that a rookie QB should not start right away. I'll understand if Trubisky looks raw and unprepared, but if he looks the opposite as he did last night, you can't bench him.

I think they're handling it very well. It's a lot harder and more problematic to go from Trubisky to Glennon that vice versa if things start to look bad. Also, and this is big, if Glennon plays pretty well, he becomes a real trade asset. If Trubisky starts from day 1, Glennon will have no trade value.

If it's obvious, which it might become, even before the start of the season, then sure you start Trubisky. And they might. But they need to maintain their stance until it's certain, which should take more than one pre-season game to determine. He looked great in highlights though. Very exciting.
The trade value shouldn't be a factor. It should really be about who is better. If Glennon looks worse throughout preseason and Trubisky looks good, it will make no sense to start Glennon.

I don't think you spend the #2 pick on a QB if he can't start immediately.

He said if it's obvious he's better then you start Trubisky

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Bears