Image Image Image Image

OT: Trubisky

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Re: OT: Trubisky 

Post#61 » by Chi town » Tue Oct 3, 2017 2:43 am

SixRings wrote:Been a lurker for a long, long time.... can't WAIT for this kid to finally get the start! I'm hoping it's week 5, gives him a solid 10 days to prepare.

Yep. His first start is against Viks. Tough D but with Cook going down their offense will suck. I think Money Mitch with our running attack will get a close win.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Post#62 » by CjayC » Tue Oct 3, 2017 3:23 am

I'm still worried about Diggs and Thielen even with the Vikings QB situation. Diggs in particular always seems to tear us a new one.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#63 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 5:37 am

There aren't many defenses that are better Trubisky will face than the Vikings.

Kind of batism by fire. It really helps that they have extra time off to prep him.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#64 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 3, 2017 7:27 am

About time Fox goes with Money Mitch!

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,109

Post#65 » by patryk7754 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:26 pm

Tony Dungy said it best. If Glennon is going to turn the ball over, the rookie QB can do that.

I kinda envision a Chiefs type offense from the past few years
CjayC
RealGM

Post#66 » by CjayC » Tue Oct 3, 2017 2:38 pm

Funny I was watching the Chiefs game yesterday wishing Andy Reid was here instead of Fox
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,402

Post#67 » by fleet » Tue Oct 3, 2017 2:47 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Tony Dungy said it best. If Glennon is going to turn the ball over, the rookie QB can do that.

Expecting some of the old Kyle Orton offense eh? Could be. I wonder how much freedom to screw up the kid will have. He should get as much freedom as Watson has had. But then again, the Bears dont have any receivers do they? They do however have backs that can catch and Miller. Interesting to see the play calling here.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
CjayC
RealGM

Post#68 » by CjayC » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:21 pm

Trubisky doesn't have Nuk Hopkins, or Will Fuller to throw too like Watson, but they have more than enough weapons to game manage and consistently move the sticks between Howard, Cohen, Miller, Sims, and Shaheen. The oline isn't exactly chopped liver. I don't think they'll scale it back as bad as they did with Orton. The Bears offense isn't that complicated. Zone run to the outside, then throw the defense off with a playaction or a bootleg. I'm sure they will make it easier for him where they can, but it won't be ugly to watch unlike the offense under rookie Orton.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#69 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:12 pm

fleet wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Tony Dungy said it best. If Glennon is going to turn the ball over, the rookie QB can do that.

Expecting some of the old Kyle Orton offense eh? Could be. I wonder how much freedom to screw up the kid will have. He should get as much freedom as Watson has had. But then again, the Bears dont have any receivers do they? They do however have backs that can catch and Miller. Interesting to see the play calling here.

The Kyle Orton offense wasn't really similar to what the Cheifs have done the past couple of years.

I think MT has a better arm than Alex Smith so I imagine it will look like that, but with more shots down the field. Roll him out of the pocket more with bootlegs.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#70 » by fleet » Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:23 pm

TBH I dont watch the Chiefs. But in general, Fox won a game this year by shutting down passes completely in an overtime. Expect a possible heavy dosage of handoffs and occasional play action.

Over under on pass attempts?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#71 » by Susan » Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:33 pm

Read on Twitter
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#72 » by fleet » Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:39 pm

Pretty arrogant. I like that in a pilot

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,109

Post#73 » by patryk7754 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 9:36 pm

Against the Viking I expect a training wheels type of game for Tru. I think as the season progresses he'll get more and more of an opportunity to take control of the game.

Lots and lots of bootlegs and dump off passes to RBs and TEs
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#74 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:47 am

patryk7754 wrote:Against the Viking I expect a training wheels type of game for Tru. I think as the season progresses he'll get more and more of an opportunity to take control of the game.

Gonna have to do a lot more than that to challenge Minnesota's defense.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#75 » by Chi town » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:30 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Against the Viking I expect a training wheels type of game for Tru. I think as the season progresses he'll get more and more of an opportunity to take control of the game.

Gonna have to do a lot more than that to challenge Minnesota's defense.

I like Loggains a lot. I think he calls a great game but didn't have the QB. I think we will take some shots down field but it will probably be to Cohen or Shaheen.

Viks have to stack the line just to stop the run. I think if Money Mitch makes a couple plays and doesn't turn it over we win.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#76 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 5:07 am

I think Loggains is better than given credit to. I think it's defiinitely fair to say that his offense has primarily been limited with poor QB play since he's gotten here.

It will be interesting to see how he fits with Mitch, because if Pace fires Fox, he could give the job to Loggains if he and Mitch do well together.
Susan
RealGM

Post#77 » by Susan » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:37 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I think Loggains is better than given credit to. I think it's defiinitely fair to say that his offense has primarily been limited with poor QB play since he's gotten here.

It will be interesting to see how he fits with Mitch, because if Pace fires Fox, he could give the job to Loggains if he and Mitch do well together.

Hoyer and Barkley didn't look Glennon level bad with Loggins.

I just think Glennon was a terrible fit for the scheme but Loggins was able to make Matt Barkley look serviceable and he's been able to utilize both Cohen and Howard extremely well.

All they need to do is run the ball like they have, run some play action, get Mitch rolling out and the game will look a lot easier than it has for the first 4 weeks.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#78 » by fleet » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:46 pm

If you like Pace, Does this not shake your faith? Like, how was he wrong about Glennon and right about Trubisky? (if he indeed is right) Tells me the guy is just taking pot shots in the dark.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#79 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 4:15 pm

fleet wrote:If you like Pace, Does this not shake your faith? Like, how was he wrong about Glennon and right about Trubisky? (if he indeed is right) Tells me the guy is just taking pot shots in the dark.

Yeah, that makes it concerning. I'm kind of iffy on Pace though.

Luckily he has drafted well for the most part, so maybe he's just a better draft guy than he is with FA. Hicks is the only FA signing that's truly worked out. Guys like Travathon and McPhee have mostly been hurt.
Susan
RealGM

Post#80 » by Susan » Fri Oct 6, 2017 1:30 am

fleet wrote:If you like Pace, Does this not shake your faith? Like, how was he wrong about Glennon and right about Trubisky? (if he indeed is right) Tells me the guy is just taking pot shots in the dark.

Return to Chicago Bears