Jaguars release OT Branden Albert

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Jaguars release OT Branden Albert 

Post#1 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:19 am

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-branden-albert-announces-his-retirement

After being traded from the Miami Dolphins to the Jacksonville Jaguars this offseason, offensive tackle Branden Albert has abruptly announced his retirement. Albert was projected to be the Jaguars starting left tackle entering 2017.
In part due to missing four games with injury, Albert had the worst season of his career in 2016 with a PFF grade of 49.0 and saw his pass blocking efficiency slip to 94.1 after finishing with 97.0 in 2015. From 2011 through 2015, Albert ranked among the top ten tackles in pass blocking efficiency, and his career best PFF grade occurred in 2014 with a grade of 89.0 that ranked fourth among all tackles.
The Jaguars figure to give second round pick Cam Robinson the first look at left tackle to replace Albert. Robinson was playing exclusively at the position during rookie camp.

word is that he was looking for a new deal and Tom Coughlin wasnt having it so he got himself released . We have some money to spend anyone think pace should kick the tires and see if he really wants to play because he would be an upgrade if he does over Massie and Leno ...take your pick . 2-3 year deal ? I think really thats all that his situation with the Jaguars was about but Coughlin is old school .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: Jaguars release OT Branden Albert 

Post#2 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:23 pm

I'd give him a couple mil and put Leno at RT

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Re: Jaguars release OT Branden Albert 

Post#3 » by patryk7754 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:33 pm

I just watched the game vs the Broncos and Leno had a horrible game, imo. The Tackle positions are the only weaknesses on the oline and a signing of Albert could potentially eliminate that weakness.

Return to Chicago Bears