Bears Falcons Game Thread - 9/10/17

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Bears Falcons Game Thread - 9/10/17 

Post#61 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:46 pm

The not ready stuff doesn't hold water anymore, again because otherwise Trubisky wouldn't have been named the backup. The coaching staff seems to think he's ready and want him to get run with first team in practice.

A lot has changed over the past month where Trubisky has shown a quicker better grasp of what's going on on the field.

At this point, it's a matter of when, not if he will start this season.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#62 » by Axxo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 pm

It is a matter of when at this point as you say, but lets be frank. All he had to do was beat out Sanchez to get the number 2. Not too many QBs in the league wouldnt be able to achieve that.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#63 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Axxo wrote:It is a matter of when at this point as you say, but lets be frank. All he had to do was beat out Sanchez to get the number 2. Not too many QBs in the league wouldnt be able to achieve that.

Coming into the season the talk was Mitch will absolutely not play, that was because they 100% expected him to be no where near ready. So no, I don't agree that it's as simple as you are stating.

In fact, that is exactly why Sanchez was signed. To be the backup. Because no one expected anything close to this out of MT this early on.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#64 » by Axxo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:16 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:It is a matter of when at this point as you say, but lets be frank. All he had to do was beat out Sanchez to get the number 2. Not too many QBs in the league wouldnt be able to achieve that.

Coming into the season the talk was Mitch will absolutely not play, that was because they 100% expected him to be no where near ready. So no, I don't agree that it's as simple as you are stating.

In fact, that is exactly why Sanchez was signed. To be the backup. Because no one expected anything close to this out of MT this early on.

Beating out Sanchez is not a barometer of readiness for anybody. It doesn't mean MT ironed out everything they wanted him to learn from the sideline.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#65 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:44 pm

You keep missing the point. It doesn't need to be a borameter. Whether Sanchez is good enough or not, Trubisky was deemed not ready to play and would be redshirted. There was no QB competition for him. He was to sit the entire year and learn. Behind both Glennon and Sanchez.

That changed by him proving he was far ahead than what anybody expected. They put him ahead of Sanchez and sooner rather than later (which was suppose to be next year) Trubisky will be ahead of Glennon.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#66 » by Axxo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:53 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:You keep missing the point. It doesn't need to be a borameter. Whether Sanchez is good enough or not, Trubisky was deemed not ready to play and would be redshirted. There was no QB competition for him. He was to sit the entire year and learn. Behind both Glennon and Sanchez.

That changed by him proving he was far ahead than what anybody expected. They put him ahead of Sanchez and sooner rather than later (which was suppose to be next year) Trubisky will be ahead of Glennon.

Im not missing the point. Sanchez was brought in to mentor. There was said to be an active QB competion between all three however I have always heard Sanchez was never really intended to play. How much of Sanchez did we see in the preseason? No one was even sure Sanchez would make the roster. They never intended for Sanchez to play. People on this very forum said the same thing before.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#67 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Nope, the active QB competition didn't happen until Trubisky proved he was ready. Starting of training camp there was no competition. Not till after game 2 going into game 3 of preseason was there any "competition" being talked about.

Also, according Jeff Dickerson, it was news to Sanchez when he was not named the backup.

So again from the moment MT was drafted it was said he wouldn't play this year, he would sit and learn from the QBs and the coaches. All that has changed.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#68 » by Axxo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:18 pm

His competition was Sanchez and Connor Shaw. Like Osweiler and Savage couldn't beat those guys.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#69 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Agree to disagree. There is more than enough proof that says otherwise.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#70 » by Axxo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Agree on disagreeing
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#71 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:39 pm

CjayC wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
CjayC wrote:I don't know if it was Glennon or Logains, but the first half offensive plan was basura. Glennon was just checking down every play, I don't know by design or what. If it was by design Trubisky could have did that and he probably would have avoided some of the sacks too.

It doesn't seem like Glennon trusts himself to place the ball where only the WR can get it. He just doesn't have that ability, or at least he hasn't shown it. With so little talent at WR, our QB's are definitely handicapped. But, I think Trubisky would open up the offense much more. He's more athletic, mobile, can move the pocket quicker and he'll make more efficient passes regardless of receiver.

It also just could have been gameplan to an extent to make it a grind it out game with a potential superbowl contender. Without the All-22 footage it's difficult to know what the whole story is on receivers getting open and how the offense was operating.

Definitely right on about Trubisky. He also has a much quicker release than Glennon. Glennon puts too much stress on the Oline to play perfectly. Immobile, slow release, and holds the ball a beat too late is the unholy trinity for O-line. That statuesque pocket passer is becoming a thing of the past except a select amount of elite guys(Brady, Brees, Rivers, etc...) . Nowadays you need guys that can extend the play with his legs and throw from a variety of platforms when the pocket isn't there(The Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Wentz, Mariota, Carr, Prescott, etc... mold) , and Glennon isn't that guy.

Waddle & Silvy said insiders(Management, Coaches, players) on the Bears say that they believe Trubisky is coming sooner than you would think because its clear to everybody that he gives the team more dimensions. I can see both sides of the argument, I'd probably do it for Minnesota depending on how the Green Bay game goes because Glennon will be a sitting duck against that Vikings front.

Good post. The key with immobile QB's is that you better have one of these three:

1. An accurate and/or strong arm. (Drew Brees)
2. A quick release (Tom Brady)
3. A ridiculous football IQ (Peyton Manning)

Glennon has none of the above.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#72 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Axxo wrote:Only thing that concerns me about Payton is his seemingly reluctance to run the ball (maybe he tried and wasnt being successful..?). I do like the fact we run ball. Keeps opposing QBs off the field. Would hate to get into throwing match against the likes of Rodgers, Brady etc.

Dan Bernstein made a good point that Payton may want a ton of power. Also, the Saints would want compensation to let him out of his contract. I think Payton would be a great offensive mind for Trubisky, but the Saints history of defensive ineptitude would worry me, unless we can hang onto Fangio forever.

I agree with those who believe that Gase getting the Dolphins job was the worst thing to happen. You could easily argue that we should've offered Gase the HC job three years ago instead of Fox.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#73 » by Axxo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Axxo wrote:Only thing that concerns me about Payton is his seemingly reluctance to run the ball (maybe he tried and wasnt being successful..?). I do like the fact we run ball. Keeps opposing QBs off the field. Would hate to get into throwing match against the likes of Rodgers, Brady etc.

Dan Bernstein made a good point that Payton may want a ton of power. Also, the Saints would want compensation to let him out of his contract. I think Payton would be a great offensive mind for Trubisky, but the Saints history of defensive ineptitude would worry me, unless we can hang onto Fangio forever.

I agree with those who believe that Gase getting the Dolphins job was the worst thing to happen. You could easily argue that we should've offered Gase the HC job three years ago instead of Fox.

Yup..all good points. It would have to be Payton with Fangio. Also agree that we eould be better off with Gase altho, Gase may have wanted to krep Cutler.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#74 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:

Rumor was that is what Pace wanted to do, but after the Trestman fiasco, the McCasky's wanted a experianced HC.

So basically even when the McCasky's truly try to do the right thing, they make the wrong choice.

Return to Chicago Bears