Moderator: chitownsports4ever

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Bears @ Bucs game Thread 

Post#1 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 am

12 pm CT on Fox

Kyle Long didnt even make the trip (sigh)

A a few other bears are listed as questionable including Floyd and Howard as of Friday so lets hope they are ready to go by game time
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Bears @ Bucs game Thread 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:53 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:12 pm CT on Fox

Kyle Long didnt even make the trip (sigh)

A a few other bears are listed as questionable including Floyd and Howard as of Friday so lets hope they are ready to go by game time

Long didn't practice so there was no reason to think he was going to play.

I think both Floyd and Howard did, but were limited. Hopefully McPhee is ready to go full bore.

Man, Bucs have A LOT of weapons on offense.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#3 » by Susan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Trubisky please.

Glennon has nothing.
IbreakNeckZ101
Lead Assistant
And1: 58

Post#4 » by IbreakNeckZ101 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:16 pm

We have to see Trubisky in the second half... Glennon cannot throw at all..
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Turnovers are just a killer I would be surprised if we see Mitch to start the 2nd half but I would not be surpised to see them get him some reps with the ones this week
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#6 » by Susan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Gentry can play at least.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#7 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Glennon isn't good.

Said last week that how he played against the Falcons was about the best we can expect out of him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#8 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Glennon isn't good.

Said last week that how he played against the Falcons was about the best we can expect out of him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#9 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Susan wrote:Gentry can play at least.

Seems like him and Trubisky have great chemistry in preseason and rookie mini camp.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#10 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Trotting Glennon out next week as the starting QB is so dishonest.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,383

Post#11 » by fleet » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 am

Brief respite of Marshall and Jeffrey over, team is plunged back into eternal wide receiver wilderness.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#12 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Ownership needs a new voice....this issue is systemic
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#13 » by molepharmer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:01 pm

As much as I'd have liked to see Trubisky play a bit in mop-up duty, I'm kind of glad he was not put in behind that makeshift offensive line with Tampa Bay collapsing the pocket on every drop back.

So depending on that o-line health for next week, I'd also be okay with Glennon starting against the Steelers and he being the one getting clobbered. Not a good situation; poor o-line, poor receivers and Howard with his shoulder in a sling.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Bears @ Bucs game Thread 

Post#14 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm

molepharmer wrote:As much as I'd have liked to see Trubisky play a bit in mop-up duty, I'm kind of glad he was not put in behind that makeshift offensive line with Tampa Bay collapsing the pocket on every drop back.

So depending on that o-line health for next week, I'd also be okay with Glennon starting against the Steelers and he being the one getting clobbered. Not a good situation; poor o-line, poor receivers and Howard with his shoulder in a sling.
The situation shouldn't matter to me. You can still develop him. If our logic is to start Glennon so he can get killed, then the Bears have no clue. The reason you start Trubisky is because he is the best QB on the team and our future. Glennon is not an NFL QB and the Bears were probably hoping that didn't materialize until late in the season, so they could justify their weak plan.

Here's what the Raiders looked like when Derek Carr made his first start:

RB: Darren McFadden, Maurice Jones-Drew
WR: James Jones, Andre Holmes, Brice Butler
TE: Mychal Rivera
+ Garbage offensive line

Now Carr is one of the top QB's in the league. We don't need to wait for the perfect storm. Just play him.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#15 » by CjayC » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Watching Glennon makes me apathetic towards Bears football. This guy's field vision and awareness is terrible. For a guy that was that tall you would think they would have better peripheral feel of what's going on in the pocket.

The one advantage Trubisky would have is consistency since these the guy's on the field are the guy's he has primarily been throwing to since OTAs. A great QB elevates his team so we can still see flashes of that if Mitch is what they think he is. I wouldn't mind seeing him after the halfway point(But hopefully before that). The Oline could work, even though they haven't gotten much consistency with the injuries to Long, Sitton, Kush, and Compton. Having a mobile QB back there would be a huge relief to the Oline.

I'll have to see like 2 or 3 more games before I'm concrete on Glennon, but its looking bad. Trubisky not playing seems more like them trying to get some run out of Glennon's contract more than anything, which I somewhat understand even though I'm against guy's getting playing time because of their contracts. In theory if he played good we could have gotten something back for him, but it's looking like the opposite of that. I bet Pace was banking that he could have at least looked like a Brian Hoyer+, Ryan Fitzpatrick tier QB then we'd have a highend backup, or a guy we could have moved for a 3rd or 4th round pick to be a placeholder on another team, but it hasn't turned out that way. Or he was just one expensive smokescreen :lol: . IF we brought Hoyer back the assumption would have been we were drafting a QB
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#16 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:03 pm

molepharmer wrote:As much as I'd have liked to see Trubisky play a bit in mop-up duty, I'm kind of glad he was not put in behind that makeshift offensive line with Tampa Bay collapsing the pocket on every drop back.

This^.....doesnt matter what QB you put in if receivers are dropping passes and the run game isn't going. Whatever person put in as QB will struggle since its not a one man team. Last night during the packers game they commented on why Rodgers was less successful at rolling out. They said b/c key guys in the oline were out. If you dont have the right pieces in place any QB will struggle. Even the best. Ownership is either interfering with the player acquisition process, Pace is trying to get rid of fox or Pace is not making the right choices in certain areas. That said this issue wont be fixed with a simple QB swap.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,383

Post#17 » by fleet » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Does the idea that Pace found a young QB excuse him from the poor job he has done? Well, wins and the ability to compete with projectable athletes should matter. So far he has built a decent D line and has Trubisky.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#18 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:59 pm

fleet wrote:Does the idea that Pace found a young QB excuse him from the poor job he has done? Well, wins and the ability to compete with projectable athletes should matter. So far he has built a decent D line and has Trubisky.

No, it doesn't. And while there is excitement with Trubisky, he needs to turn into a pro bowl/all pro QB for it to be considered a good move.

I think pace needs to share blame for where this team is at 3 years into his tenure. Has there really been improvements over the last 3years to the point where you really think the arrow is pointing up? I just don't see it on the field anyways.

Every week it's the same thing. Make just enough mistakes to lose the game one week, and then look completely out matched the following week. No consistency. Yesterday's game you would think they didn't even practice or prepare for the Bucs all week.

Also, with injuries the coaching staff needs to be smarter about not playing starters in meaningless situations. Most of the 4th of yesterday's game for example. I think Pace has to also look into the strength and conditioning staff as well.

All in all, as of now, there doesn't seem like much progression going on with the team and it feels like they are running in mud.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 pm

fleet wrote:Does the idea that Pace found a young QB excuse him from the poor job he has done? Well, wins and the ability to compete with projectable athletes should matter. So far he has built a decent D line and has Trubisky.

After three seasons Im more than okay with firing them all . Im just not seeing the progress I was expecting after three years
Red Larrivee
RealGM

Post#20 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:17 pm

I think Pace is alright. Everyone knew the Bears would be a long-term project. Emery left the toybox empty and a lot of the veteran players were unhappy.

The good things:

-The front 7 is much improved.
-The offensive line is solid.
-The run game (even though it's been mediocre this year) is better.
-We may have a franchise QB (jury's out)
-We are drafting better (Goldman, Whitehair, Floyd, Cohen, Howard, Jackson all play key roles on this team).
-Free agent signings have been better (Hicks, Sitton, McPhee, Freeman, Trevethan)

To me, the big misses are the Glennon signing, Kevin White (which isn't Pace's fault when you consider the injuries) and the coach hiring that could've been influenced heavily by ownership. Pace has done enough to stay on board. Long-term, his job depends on what Trubisky becomes. If Trubisky fails, the Bears will be set back even longer.

The Bears are in a tough spot, because they're trying to compete against a prime Aaron Rodgers, a Lions team that has a QB and big offense in place, and a Vikings team that is elite defensively and starting to improve offensively.

Next offseason should be focused on two things:

1. Getting a new coach.
2. Improving skill positions.
3. Improving the secondary.

Return to Chicago Bears