Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Re: RE: Re: Da Bears vs Steelers Game Thread 

Post#41 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:You watch the last 3 games and you think the bears offense is game planning based off of what Glennon cant do ?\

Glennon was 15-23 and the Bears had 4 drops including that bomb to Wheaton

Glennon just got here they are asking him to play through and cover up for Pace and Foxs mistake of not addressing the receiver problem . You think the are blaming him for this its a huge stretch at this point .

Move the pocket ? !! with this makeshift line moving people around every week ?

If a QB is a practically immobile behind a terrible offensive line, then moving the pocket or having a QB who is naturally able to get out of it and make a play is the solution.

Glennon's completion percentage is irrelevant to me. He's dinking and dunking and not being asked to take any real chances. It looks great on the stat sheet, but if you watch the game, you know why it's happening. Our wide receivers don't have great hands, so they're not helping Glennon much either, but he still is not a talented enough passer to consistently give them a chance.

Moving a pocket is an option when your team is healthy and has established it can play extended periods of mistake free football and you have receivers that have proven they can hold onto the ball .

Right now we have none of that and instead of us trying to establish some long term consistency and solutions we keep trying to go for the quick fix in hopes that one guy will fix everything.

Why put that on Mitch right now ? when we have the opportunity to fix some of these issues before we insert him and his mistakes into the mix .
Because there is never going to be a perfect situation for Trubisky. If we needed everything to be right before playing him, then why give up so much?

We are just manufacturing excuses every week as to why he shouldn't play.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Re: Da Bears vs Steelers Game Thread 

Post#42 » by CjayC » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Whenever they're comfortable that Trubisky can be in the game without handcuffing the offense then it's time to go for it. Glennon's already stressing his teammates out. Jordan Howard had to take control of that game because he knows Glennon is crap.

This is why Glennon was 15-23

Spoiler:

Almost half of his completed passes are behind the line of scrimmage. 4 passes to wr's all game, only 3 passes that traveled further than 5 yards in the air. You can't tell me that the receivers(WR's & TE's) are getting locked up all game long or there's no throwing lanes(Which is something that a mobile QB can create coincidentally). If Trubisky is in and attempts to go down the field we'll know if receivers are getting open. Either the opponents will get coverage sacks, Trubisky will throw the ball away, or Trubisky's gonna get some yards scrambling.

To get picked off when you're throwing checks all game long is terrible and he probably could have had another INT if I'm not mistaken. If he's not safe with the ball there's no point in having him out there. I'm sure Glennon's straight line speed is similar or maybe even better than Brady and Manning's, but even those guys had a way of moving around the pocket, and doing these subtle things to keep the defense off-balanced and to give their Olines help. Glennon drops back and it's a race to the statue.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#43 » by Axxo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:You watch the last 3 games and you think the bears offense is game planning based off of what Glennon cant do ?\

Glennon was 15-23 and the Bears had 4 drops including that bomb to Wheaton

Glennon just got here they are asking him to play through and cover up for Pace and Foxs mistake of not addressing the receiver problem . You think the are blaming him for this its a huge stretch at this point .

Move the pocket ? !! with this makeshift line moving people around every week ?

If a QB is a practically immobile behind a terrible offensive line, then moving the pocket or having a QB who is naturally able to get out of it and make a play is the solution.

Glennon's completion percentage is irrelevant to me. He's dinking and dunking and not being asked to take any real chances. It looks great on the stat sheet, but if you watch the game, you know why it's happening. Our wide receivers don't have great hands, so they're not helping Glennon much either, but he still is not a talented enough passer to consistently give them a chance.

Moving a pocket is an option when your team is healthy and has established it can play extended periods of mistake free football and you have receivers that have proven they can hold onto the ball .

Right now we have none of that and instead of us trying to establish some long term consistency and solutions we keep trying to go for the quick fix in hopes that one guy will fix everything.

Why put that on Mitch right now ? when we have the opportunity to fix some of these issues before we insert him and his mistakes into the mix .

Everything you are saying makes perfect sense and is completely rational. Rodgers had issues moving outside the pocket against the Falcons without certain members of the oline being available. The approach you are suggesting is best for the longterm for the team and Trubisky
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#44 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:05 pm

CjayC wrote:Whenever they're comfortable that Trubisky can be in the game without handcuffing the offense then it's time to go for it. Glennon's already stressing his teammates out. Jordan Howard had to take control of that game because he knows Glennon is crap.

Spoiler:

Almost half of his completed passes are behind the line of scrimmage. 4 passes to wr's all game, only 3 passes that traveled further than 5 yards in the air. You can't tell me that the receivers(WR's & TE's) are getting locked up all game long or there's no throwing lanes(Which is something that a mobile QB can create coincidentally). If Trubisky is in and attempts to go down the field we'll know if receivers are getting open. Either the opponents will get coverage sacks, Trubisky will throw the ball away, or Trubisky's gonna get some yards scrambling.

To get picked off when you're throwing checks all game long is terrible and he probably could have had another INT if I'm not mistaken. If he's not safe with the ball there's no point in having him out there. I'm sure Glennon's straight line speed is similar or maybe even better than Brady and Manning's, but even those guys had a way of moving around the pocket, and doing these subtle things to keep the defense off-balanced and to give their Olines help. Glennon drops back and it's a race to the statue.

Good post.

It's comical that all of the issues are being pinned on the WRs.

Even the Browns who are having Receiving issues aren't doing this bad. I think Glennon only has completed 2 passes down 20 yards to WRs.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#45 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:40 pm

CjayC wrote:Whenever they're comfortable that Trubisky can be in the game without handcuffing the offense then it's time to go for it. Glennon's already stressing his teammates out. Jordan Howard had to take control of that game because he knows Glennon is crap.

Spoiler:

of course they are behind the line of scrimmage because no wide receiver has established themselves as being even semi reliable .

Thats not Glennon making that distinction its the coaches and the play calling doing that for him . As I mentioned before the coaches have already seen what Bellamy and Thompson can do they know it aint gonna get any better for those two . Against TB you get Wright dropping back to back passes and as soon our deep threat makes his debut he drops both of his targets including a bomb thats right on the money .

Loggains has conceded that rather than kill the offensive throwing from the shotgun to unreliable targets who can really only get consistently open when teams are in deep zone overages that they will go big and target the TE and backs pounding teams with the run game . Im quite sure they want Glennon to play better but Im also certain that they also know they doesnt have anyone that he can really rely on outside the hash marks .

That interception that Glennon threw was on a option route. I just watched the postgame on CSN and he said it was his fault he thought Miller was breaking in and he broke out and the option is totally Millers so he has to adjust . Thats typical of someone 3 regular season games into a offense because you learn and perfect the option routes with experience between the passer and the receiver.

If you think that the coaches need to put Trubisky out there to see that all these bargain basement receivers they have are exactly that you are kidding yourself here .They know what they have in those receivers which is they wet back to running the ball and I dont think they are giving Glennon a pass I just think they know at this point QB is further down the list of problems than they would like at this point and if they get to the point where QB play moves to the top of the list they would consider a change but its not at that point yet .

I cant believe you guys got me out here looking as though Im defending Glennon :lol:
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#46 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:56 pm

The point is Mike Glennon is making the WR core look worse than it already is.

Read on Twitter
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#47 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:52 am

There was a stat earlier today that Glennon's completions only traveled a total of 19 air yards against the Steelers. That's basically the equivalent of "win despite how awful your QB is."

So far, Glennon has the lowest average intended air yards at 6.4. He's 7th in completed air yards at 5.7 yards per completion.

This type of thing can't keep going on. You're handicapping yourself before the game even starts.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#48 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Bit of a positive in regards to Floyd. Hopefully he can start pressuring the QB. Can have another to 10 pick be a waste under pace
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,131

Post#49 » by molepharmer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:43 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bit of a positive in regards to Floyd. Hopefully he can start pressuring the QB. Can have another to 10 pick be a waste under pace

I agree that it sure seems like a waste to use Floyd like Fangio does. However, it's hard to argue with the results of the overall D. Would they be even better if Floyd rushed more :dontknow: . I suppose the downside is whoever takes that responsibility of dropping into coverage is horrendous at it and ends up giving up chunks of yardage. Something was clearly messed up when Floyd got stuck on the wide receiver during one coverage.

LB will have to be one those positions they address at the next draft.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."

Return to Chicago Bears