Image Image Image Image

Bears vs Vikings

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,983

Re: Bears vs Vikings 

Post#41 » by Chi town » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:00 pm

City of Trees wrote:Shaheen not playing says ALOT about where he is in his development.

Hicks is a beast. Unreal. Best FA signing so far by Pace and its not even close.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

No it doesn't. Him playing behind Sims says a lot about a HORRIFIC coaching staff.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#42 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Susan wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:This team needs play makers all over .

When was the last time anybody called Eddie Goldmans name ?

Shaheen was a waste considering the needs of the team ?

We maybe have 10 players to really build around at this point .

If we dont see tremendous improvement from this team by seasons end I hope Pace and Fox are removed .

Look at Travis Kelce's rookie year. Tight Ends take time.

Why the hell would you fire Pace when he's been filling the team with longterm talent.

Howard, Trubisky, Cohen, Whitehair, Floyd, Cam Meredith, Hicks and Sitton are all solid building blocks going forward. If we can find an upgrade at HC and hopefully figure out a way to stop getting everybody injured, then hell yeah let Fox go but it has to be the right hire.

4 years with free agency and the draft thats simply not enough .

Whitehair has regressed

Meredith is out injured and hadnt taken the leap yet

Sitton is 31

Floyd finally got to the qb in week 5 will he show up next game or will have to wait until week 10 .

The way things are going its simply not enough for pace or Fox to keep their jobs

5 seasons to hopefully get back to .500 NO WAY the clock should be ticking on everyone including Pace
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#43 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:25 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Susan wrote:

If we dont see tremendous improvement from this team by seasons end I hope Pace and Fox are removed .

Why the hell would you fire Pace when he's been filling the team with longterm talent.

Howard, Trubisky, Cohen, Whitehair, Floyd, Cam Meredith, Hicks and Sitton are all solid building blocks going forward. If we can find an upgrade at HC and hopefully figure out a way to stop getting everybody injured, then hell yeah let Fox go but it has to be the right hire.

Whitehair has regressed

Sitton is 31

Floyd finally got to the qb in week 5 will he show up next game or will have to wait until week 10 .

The way things are going its simply not enough for pace or Fox to keep their jobs

5 seasons to hopefully get back to .500 NO WAY the clock should be ticking on everyone including Pace

Here's the thing with Floyd, he had been asked to drop back in coverage quite a few times.

They need to just allow him to rush the QB, and I think he'll be fine.

I think Pace has done okay, but he certainly has his flaws. He rides or dies with Mitch though.

Overall, I think we need an upgrade at coaching more than a new GM.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#44 » by Susan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Susan wrote:

Whitehair has regressed

Sitton is 31

What are you talking about? Pace has had three off seasons, not four. It's OBVIOUS they weren't rushing to get back to .500 but rather tearing it all down to build a foundation. This doesn't happen overnight and the worst thing you can do is get impatient.

Emery was all short term moves, that's a foolish way to build and it's what you're pining for here.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#45 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:49 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Here's the thing with Floyd, he had been asked to drop back in coverage quite a few times.

I think Pace has done okay, but he certainly has his flaws. He rides or dies with Mitch though.

Yeah but considering how many snaps hes been on the field hes been on coverage a really small percentage of play . The truly great ones have teams staying away from your side entirely.

Drafting Mitch shouldn't give Pace infinity to build a team and the coaching of the players is a problem just as what players we have or have not brought in are a problem .

I just dont see how anyone can talk about Pace and Fox surviving another 3-13 or 4-12 season
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#46 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Also, not sure how Meredith getting injured is on Pace?

I we have a coaching issue more than a players issue. Look.at how bad the Rams looked last year and this year they are clicking.

I truly think Fox is holding this team back. Coaching is a big factor in the NFL and Fox brand of it is stuck in the past. He needs to go.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Bears vs Vikings 

Post#47 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:10 pm

Chi town wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Shaheen not playing says ALOT about where he is in his development.

Hicks is a beast. Unreal. Best FA signing so far by Pace and its not even close.

No it doesn't. Him playing behind Sims says a lot about a HORRIFIC coaching staff.

Well wait a minute my opinion is based on the coaching staff plays the best players. If what you're saying is true and the coaching staff is purposely sitting Shaheen, the better player, for Sims, then I'd say with everything else going on could be a fireable offense.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#48 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:12 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Susan wrote:

Whitehair has regressed

Sitton is 31

Here's the thing with Floyd, he had been asked to drop back in coverage quite a few times.

You're right Floyd has been playing coverage and here's the thing how many times have you seen him burned in coverage, not often! He's playing outstanding whether it's pass-rushing or in coverage. Floyd is not the problem

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#49 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:13 pm

I've been on record and I'll go on record again as to say I'm a fan of pace. I like what he's done. I think he's getting the shity end of the stick right now because injuries have really killed this team and made it look a lot worse than what it really is, but those injuries are on the coaching staff and the training staff not the GM

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#50 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Susan wrote:
What are you talking about? Pace has had three off seasons, not four. It's OBVIOUS they weren't rushing to get back to .500 but rather tearing it all down to build a foundation. This doesn't happen overnight and the worst thing you can do is get impatient.

Emery was all short term moves, that's a foolish way to build and it's what you're pining for here.

We are not anywhere near average right now so giving Pace another season or two makes no sense whatsoever when the needle has not shown to be at any point be pointing up .

3 years is not overnight and longer moves only work and make sense if the team shows that the needle s pointing up and just adding a player doesn't mean its point up the play on the field is indicator of that and there is nothing at this time that suggests the bears are even on the cusp of being average ?

Your line of thinking is how you end up becoming like the Jaguars where winning is not even a priority because you've convinced yourself that in the NFL it takes everyone 4-5 years to make a impact or before you should expect to see improvement in the team .

Build a foundation ? after 3 years we are still talking about play makers on the defensive side of the ball and still dont even have a identity.

This team is a product of Fox and Pace not one or the other but both .
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:16 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Also, not sure how Meredith getting injured is on Pace?

I we have a coaching issue more than a players issue. Look.at how bad the Rams looked last year and this year they are clicking.

I truly think Fox is holding this team back. Coaching is a big factor in the NFL and Fox brand of it is stuck in the past. He needs to go.

you mean despite all the players the Rams brought in ?
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#52 » by Susan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Susan wrote:

We are not anywhere near average right now so giving Pace another season or two makes no sense whatsoever when the needle has not shown to be at any point be pointing up .

3 years is not overnight and longer moves only work and make sense if the team shows that the needle s pointing up and just adding a player doesn't mean its point up the play on the field is indicator of that and there is nothing at this time that suggests the bears are even on the cusp of being average ?

Your line of thinking is how you end up becoming like the Jaguars where winning is not even a priority because you've convinced yourself that in the NFL it takes everyone 4-5 years to make a impact or before you should expect to see improvement in the team .

Build a foundation ? after 3 years we are still talking about play makers on the defensive side of the ball and still dont even have a identity.

This team is a product of Fox and Pace not one or the other but both .

I'll take the Hawks/Cubs model of rebuilding over the Bulls/Sox method.

Pace came into a franchise with Marshall, Forte, Marty Bennett, Alshon and Cutler as their foundation. They were old (outside of Alshon) and on the decline. The defense had ZERO pieces to build around.

Find me a team that's been so depleted of talent and turned it around quicker.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#53 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Susan wrote:

Pace came into a franchise with Marshall, Forte, Marty Bennett, Alshon and Cutler as their foundation. They were old (outside of Alshon) and on the decline. The defense had ZERO pieces to build around.

But none of those have anything to do with football who cares the method but you dont get 5 years before they start showing progress.

Find me a team that had that many assets over a 3 year period and still had showed no progress that benefited from not changing directions ?

This team so far has no identity because Pace hasnt really went all in on anything in 3 years besides Glennon and Mitch . None of what hes done has given any indicator of what type of team he wants despite us all knowing what type of team that Fox wants .

You look at the jaguars after years of treading water waiting on a qb to save them they bring in old man Coughlin puts him as VP over their young GM they had and they stop waiting on Bortles and sign Campbell,Church,and Bouye,and draft Fournette and instant defense and running game given that franchise a foundation and identity upon which to now move forward.

This notion that somehow we somehow we have to wait 4-5 years for a team better than .500 to be assembled in today's NFL is ridiculous . We are not talking contenders in year 3 but simply a team that shows its arrow is pointing up right now we are not looking that team on either side of the ball.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#54 » by Chi town » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:00 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Chi town wrote:

Well wait a minute my opinion is based on the coaching staff plays the best players. If what you're saying is true and the coaching staff is purposely sitting Shaheen, the better player, for Sims, then I'd say with everything else going on could be a fireable offense.

This is the same staff that played a Glennon 4 games.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#55 » by Chi town » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Susan wrote:

But none of those have anything to do with football who cares the method but you dont get 5 years before they start showing progress.

Find me a team that had that many assets over a 3 year period and still had showed no progress that benefited from not changing directions ?

This team so far has no identity because Pace hasnt really went all in on anything in 3 years besides Glennon and Mitch . None of what hes done has given any indicator of what type of team he wants despite us all knowing what type of team that Fox wants .

You look at the jaguars after years of treading water waiting on a qb to save them they bring in old man Coughlin puts him as VP over their young GM they had and they stop waiting on Bortles and sign Campbell,Church,and Bouye,and draft Fournette and instant defense and running game given that franchise a foundation and identity upon which to now move forward.

This notion that somehow we somehow we have to wait 4-5 years for a team better than .500 to be assembled in today's NFL is ridiculous . We are not talking contenders in year 3 but simply a team that shows its arrow is pointing up right now we are not looking that team on either side of the ball.

I think you are wrong. We just played Glennon for four games and have the most injured team again for the 2nd year in a row.

Watch what Money Mitch shows and everyone will chill out. We are a good team w a rookie QB now that is very injured. This means we will be competitive but los more than we win. Just like last night.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#56 » by Chi town » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:05 pm

City of Trees wrote:I've been on record and I'll go on record again as to say I'm a fan of pace. I like what he's done. I think he's getting the **** end of the stick right now because injuries have really killed this team and made it look a lot worse than what it really is, but those injuries are on the coaching staff and the training staff not the GM

Exactly. But, the coaching is on him. If he brings back Fox he's an idiot. Hire Harbaugh and let's make the playoffs next season.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#57 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Chi town wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I've been on record and I'll go on record again as to say I'm a fan of pace. I like what he's done. I think he's getting the **** end of the stick right now because injuries have really killed this team and made it look a lot worse than what it really is, but those injuries are on the coaching staff and the training staff not the GM

Exactly. But, the coaching is on him. If he brings back Fox he's an idiot. Hire Harbaugh and let's make the playoffs next season.

I agree Fox can't return next season. I get hiring him, I get Pace seeing Fox as a stable centerpiece for the rebuild but at this point I don't believe fox is bringing enough rebuild intangibles to the table so it's time to make a change.

And can somebody please explain to me why the hell does our team have so many injuries every single year?
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#58 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 pm

I think some are forgetting just how bad the Bears situation was. When Pace took over, the team had a core of declining veterans, an enigmatic QB, and one of the worst draft records in the league. Alshon Jeffery was the most promising player we had and he missed 11 games in his last two seasons in Chicago. It was clear the Bears fell far behind their division rivals and had no long-term solutions.

Pace has made mistakes, but he deserves more time. The Bears have not underachieved in any of their seasons under Fox and Pace. However, Fox should be let go because he's not going to be the coach to successfully develop a young QB.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#59 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Chi town wrote:
I think you are wrong. We just played Glennon for four games and have the most injured team again for the 2nd year in a row.

Watch what Money Mitch shows and everyone will chill out. We are a good team w a rookie QB now that is very injured. This means we will be competitive but los more than we win. Just like last night.

Who brought in Glennon ?

These players were just pulled out a raffle bag and placed on the team they were brought here by Pace and Fox. Every team has injuries but thats why its a 53 man roster and not a 22 man roster .

We are a not a good team that just has injuries . This team has holes and ? all over the place .

Were we competitive ? because if they start Keenum from jump its probably not close .

Year 3 and we are still okay with trying to simply be competitive ?

We should show some improvement by seasons end or be prepared to bring in someone to replace Phillips as VP of Football Operations and get down to the business of evaluating Pace,Fox,and the medical staff.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#60 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:I think some are forgetting just how bad the Bears situation was. When Pace took over, the team had a core of declining veterans, an enigmatic QB, and one of the worst draft records in the league. Alshon Jeffery was the most promising player we had and he missed 11 games in his last two seasons in Chicago. It was clear the Bears fell far behind the rest of their division rivals and had no long-term solutions.

Pace has made mistakes, but he deserves more time.

Pace always makes a ton of moves and somehow he's always keeping his cap flexibility open, meaning that each year he can reinvent or change course on how he views the team. In my opinion I feel that he's Treading Water each offseason while adding one to two quality players to his core. It's really not a bad plan, however the speed of the rebuild is dictated by the strength of the free agent class

Return to Chicago Bears