Bears vs Vikings

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,132

Re: Bears vs Vikings 

Post#81 » by molepharmer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:But its not all on Fox because Pace is in charge of personnel as I said before if Belichek took over this team he would be looking to dump half the roster simply because in a lot of spots we are devoid if real top level talent but in others we have talent but they are not disciplined in their jobs.

Yeah, but Pace was dealt an incredibly **** hand. He's had to overhaul both sides of the ball without a franchise QB. That's no easy task.

Looks like there are only about five players left on the team from the 2014 season (O'Donnell, Fuller, Long, C Jones, Young). That is an incredible amount of turnover to replace within 3 years, and end up with 'good' players at each position. How many positions can one truly expect to upgrade during one off season ?

edit - I'm probably missing one or two from 2014.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Bears vs Vikings 

Post#82 » by City of Trees » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 pm

molepharmer wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:But its not all on Fox because Pace is in charge of personnel as I said before if Belichek took over this team he would be looking to dump half the roster simply because in a lot of spots we are devoid if real top level talent but in others we have talent but they are not disciplined in their jobs.

Yeah, but Pace was dealt an incredibly **** hand. He's had to overhaul both sides of the ball without a franchise QB. That's no easy task.

Looks like there are only about five players left on the team from the 2014 season (O'Donnell, Fuller, Long, C Jones, Young). That is an incredible amount of turnover to replace within 3 years, and end up with 'good' players at each position. How many positions can one truly expect to upgrade during one off season ?

Some people have unrealistic expectations.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#83 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:23 pm

molepharmer wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

2015 draft

White is basically done
Whitehair has regressed
Langford is gone

He had plenty of assets especially on the offensive side of the ball to use but he squandered them, wasted his first draft ,and after 3 seasons we should see clearly the foundation of this team going forward but there really is not much to see ? I dont expect a SB team in 3 season but I certainly dont think we should be willing to accept 10-54 over 4 years before we expect to see some results either.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#84 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Whitehair was from the 2016 draft. You're thinking of Grassu
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#85 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:42 am

RedBulls23 wrote:Whitehair was from the 2016 draft. You're thinking of Grassu

Good catch . We play the ravens sunday and looking at this list and I just dont see how anyone can believe that Pace should be on the hot seat any less than Fox. Watch the game and match it up to teh draft list and the case for keeping pPace drops dramatically

1st Kevin White WR West Virginia
2nd Eddie Goldman DL Florida State
3rd Hroniss Grasu OL Oregon
4th Jeremy Langford RB Michigan
5th Adrian Amos S Penn State
6th Tayo Fabuluje OT TCU

1st OLB Leonard Floyd, Georgia. ...
2nd OG Cody Whitehair, Kansas State. ...
3rd DL Jonathan Bullard, Florida. ...
4th ILB Nick Kwiatkoski, West Virginia. ...
4th Deon Bush, Miami. ...
4th Deiondre' Hall, Northern Iowa. ...
5th RB Jordan Howard, Indiana. ...
6th S DeAndre Houston-Carson, William & Mary.
7th The legend of Braverman
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#86 » by Susan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:57 am

lol, Dallas had a better 2016 draft than us, but besides that, who drafted better in 2016 than the Bears? Howard, Whitehair and Floyd will be here starting for 8+ years. Kwiatkoski can play.

2015 is a lost draft thanks to White. Amos and Goldman are starting gams for us right now. Grasu tore his ACL.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#87 » by City of Trees » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:39 am

Pace also signed UDFA's Cam Meredith and LB Timu in 2015.

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#88 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Susan wrote:lol, Dallas had a better 2016 draft than us, but besides that, who drafted better in 2016 than the Bears? Howard, Whitehair and Floyd will be here starting for 8+ years. Kwiatkoski can play.

2015 is a lost draft thanks to White. Amos and Goldman are starting gams for us right now. Grasu tore his ACL.

Titans and jaguars .

The jaguars have turned their team around in 2 off seasons despite having Bortles at QB

Im not talking perfection or SB right now but the jaguars are considered to be in a better position than us so far and are pretty good example of how things can be turned and set on a solid path without needing 4 seasons to show that .
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,413

Post#89 » by fleet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Wins and losses my friends. That is the measure stick. Not roster names. Every new GM tosses the old roster. Pace is abysmal. But I'll always thank him for Trubisky. So will the next GM.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#90 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 am

fleet wrote:Wins and losses my friends. That is the measure stick. Not roster names. Every new GM tosses the old roster. Pace is abysmal. But I'll always thank him for Trubisky. So will the next GM.

In the end, if Pace was fired along with Fox this off season, I wouldn't be upset about it. Especially if they end up with another 3/4 wins.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#91 » by Susan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:13 pm

2012 Cubs - 62-101
2013 Cubs - 66-96
2014 Cubs - 73-89
2015 Cubs - 97-65
2016 Cubs - 103-58
2017 Cubs - 92-70

These things don't happen overnight. Firing Fox is 100% fine here but Pace has turned over this roster and put in longterm talent.

Glennon hasn't panned out, they gave him a one year deal for all intents and purposes. Compare that to what Brock got and what Houston had to do to rid themselves of that contract.

Look at the roster when Pace took over. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2014.htm

Jay had JUST gotten a new deal, the entire offense was old outside of Alshon & Long. The defense was old and VERY bad.

The front 7 on defense is completely rebuilt. The RBs are young and really freaking good. The secondary is younger & better than it was when Pace took over. They've drafted well, they've signed some good longterm pieces in FA (Hicks, Sitton, Danny T, Freeman and McPhee) and they've been crushed by injuries.

Develop Mitch, have another good offseason of signings, have another solid draft to give us more playmakers on the edge and at WR and this thing will be good to go for a decade.

Worst thing is to have somebody new come in, have them decide Mitch isn't for them, switch the defense up to a 4-3 and start this whole thing all over again. That's how you become the Jags for 8 years.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#92 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:22 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:This team needs play makers all over .

When was the last time anybody called Eddie Goldmans name ?

Shaheen was a waste considering the needs of the team ?

We maybe have 10 players to really build around at this point .

If we dont see tremendous improvement from this team by seasons end I hope Pace and Fox are removed .

Read on Twitter

You've been wrong about Goldman.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Bears vs Vikings 

Post#93 » by City of Trees » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:44 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:

If we dont see tremendous improvement from this team by seasons end I hope Pace and Fox are removed .

Read on Twitter

Yep. There is a lot of overreaction on this Bears board.

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#94 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:49 pm

I still think John Fox is overrated and there is fair criticism of Pace to.be had, but just exaggeration on his over all misses in the draft.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#95 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:55 am

RedBulls23 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Nope I never said Goldman couldn't play I said the team needed play makers all over and we basically never hear Goldmans name called when one of his biggest selling points was that he could not only provide pressure of up the middle but also eat space . What I dont like is we get the space eater but no pressure and that is magnified by the lack of pass rushers .

There is just a lot of inconsistency in Pace's plan and people think its the Cubs and want to wait 5 years to see results believing that the players who are 31 years right now like Freeman and Sitton are building blocks ?

Im just not sold on what Pace is doing yet .
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#96 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:55 am

RedBulls23 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Nope I never said Goldman couldn't play I said the team needed play makers all over and we basically never hear Goldmans name called when one of his biggest selling points was that he could not only provide pressure of up the middle but also eat space . What I dont like is we get the space eater but no pressure and that is magnified by the lack of pass rushers .

There is just a lot of inconsistency in Pace's plan and people think its the Cubs and want to wait 5 years to see results believing that the players who are 31 years right now like Freeman and Sitton are building blocks ?

Im just not sold on what Pace is doing yet .

Return to Chicago Bears