CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Re: Bears @ Ravens game thread 

Post#41 » by CjayC » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:45 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
CjayC wrote:
Susan wrote:
I'd prefer to sign WR talent and draft more in the 2nd/3rd and get another edge rusher in the 1st.

Arden Key + Leonard Floyd for the next 8 years = :)

Key and Floyd would be nasty and overdue because they badly need a OLB on the other side so Leonard Floyd doesn't have to play 90% of the snaps.

Haven't seen the list of available receivers next year besides Jeffrey who is a bridge burned, injury prone Watkins, and Allen Robinson. If they could make a run at Allen Robinson, and luck up on a St. Brown or Ridley on Day 2 I'd be satisfied.

If Bears end up with a top 4-5 pick, should definitely look to trade down (with a team looking to draft a QB). I would love for them to find a elite OLT and then move Leno to RT.

Leno is a natural LT. He's got quick twitch and the long arms. Doesn't really have the strength to be that consistent road grader on the strongside of the line. He's very much a finesse kind of lineman which doesn't fit the profile of what they want from the RT. They gave him that extension because they believe he's the guy. I could list 14 or 15 LT's that are probably better, but he's not a turnstyle( although he did look like one last week). IMO you can win with a Leno as your LT.

That said they should definitely entertain the trade down if they get a Top 5 pick and they need to stock up on as many Olineman for depth as they can handle and if the upgrade is there at LT go for it. This draft is supposed to be deep at Offensive line, so they should probably grab at least one.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#42 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 pm

CjayC wrote:
Susan wrote:http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Landry, Bryant, Adams, Robinson, Pryor and so much more. You can build a WR core with two of those guys, a rookie and then Cam coming back. Hopefully one of our WRs does something this season.

Definitely need to break the bank open for at least one of these guys. We might have a chance at Bryant & Robinson given Big Ben has a foot out the door already talking about retirement, and Bortles is Bortles. Don't like their shots at Pryor, Adams, or Landry, but money talks and Cousins might not be glued to Washington given that Dan Synder is a buffoon.

I would make Bryant priority .

followed by Donte Moncrief

re-sign White for the slot

I would right now be kicking the tires on Josh Gordon as a fall back because we have plenty of time to put together a support plan whether its Bryant or Gordon we end up getting.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#43 » by Chi town » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:06 pm

Bears coaching is AWFUL. So bad it seems unreal.

Our division is wide open now with Rodgers out for the season and Lions 3-3.

I think we get to 7-9 thanks to Fox sticking w Glennon.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Bears @ Ravens game thread 

Post#44 » by City of Trees » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:11 pm

CjayC wrote:

Landry, Bryant, Adams, Robinson, Pryor and so much more. You can build a WR core with two of those guys, a rookie and then Cam coming back. Hopefully one of our WRs does something this season.

Definitely need to break the bank open for at least one of these guys. We might have a chance at Bryant & Robinson given Big Ben has a foot out the door already talking about retirement, and Bortles is Bortles. Don't like their shots at Pryor, Adams, or Landry, but money talks and Cousins might not be glued to Washington given that Dan Synder is a buffoon.

Glennon's cap number is a good start to land one of them. Bears should be competitive in offers

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#45 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Susan wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Susan wrote:
JORDAN HOWARD IS A FRANCHISE BACK.

The coaching issues are mind boggling.

MT made a great play for the first down to Wright, and Howard obviously is an animal who carries this offense.

Defense played their best game since Urlacher.

Offense limited the mistakes and ran the ball at will. No need to put Mitch into a bad position with a complete lack of weapons.

ST did everything they could to lose the game in the second half.

Howard running out of bounds was a bad play but he's young and will continue to get better.

This team was on the ropes going into OT, the defense stepped up and got a massive 3 & out and then Howard/Mitch won the game for us.

There is no reason this game should have gone into OT.

The gaffes are on coaching. Undisciplined team to say the least. I can't wait till Fox is out.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#46 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:15 am

CjayC wrote:Cannot wait until we can get Mitch some real receivers out there. Bears should be shoveling that contract out to Christian Kirk, St. Brown, or Ridley already. Probably need to draft some more Oline too. I feel like Cody's snap issues might be consistency with having to snap to like 5 different starting QB's in 2 years(And IIRC he didn't play Center in college although he was projected to play anywhere on the interior as a pro).

I don't like the upcoming WR class in the draft at all. Courtland Sutton may be the highest upside there is, but I don't think Kirk, Ridley or St. Brown are anything special, as much as they are the best in a bad class.

The Bears definitely need to use free agency to address WR rather than the draft.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#47 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:32 am

Report: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers
https://www.thescore.com/news/1399019
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#48 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:37 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
CjayC wrote:

I would make Bryant priority .

followed by Donte Moncrief

re-sign White for the slot

I would right now be kicking the tires on Josh Gordon as a fall back because we have plenty of time to put together a support plan whether its Bryant or Gordon we end up getting.

Why bring back white? Or did you mean Wright?
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#49 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:15 am

RedBulls23 wrote:Report: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers

I'd be weary of giving up any notable value, especially since he's a free agent soon and has a history of suspensions. But, he would by far be an upgrade over anything we have.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#50 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:32 am

RedBulls23 wrote:Why bring back white? Or did you mean Wright?

yes White is done :lol: :banghead:
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#51 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:55 am

Red Larrivee wrote:

I'd be weary of giving up any notable value, especially since he's a free agent soon and has a history of suspensions. But, he would by far be an upgrade over anything we have.

I wouldn't give up anything either, but I think it's a good sign that he wants out of Pittsburg, so he could definitely be had in the off-season via free agency.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#52 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:10 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

I wouldn't give up anything either, but I think it's a good sign that he wants out of Pittsburg, so he could definitely be had in the off-season via free agency.

it all depends on if he was willing to agree to a contract. If he was willing to accept a similar deal to what we offered Alshon I might consider it because the Colts and the Lions are gonna be chasing him well.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#53 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 am

yes White is done :banghead:

None of White's injuries are career threatening or even athletically threatening. Meaning he could heal and return to 100%. I'm sure he will want a fresh start somewhere else but its kind of premature and immature to call him done at this point.

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#54 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:57 am

City of Trees wrote:

None of White's injuries are career threatening or even athletically threatening. Meaning he could heal and return to 100%. I'm sure he will want a fresh start somewhere else but its kind of premature and immature to call him done at this point.

Hes done as a Bear and hes already so far behind in his route running that I dont see a breakout season for him if he can stay healthy and thats a BIG IF .
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#55 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:12 am

We have never seen White make a jaw dropping athletic move as a Bear. I'd say that his injuries have affected him. And like chitown said, he is far behind on knowing how to run routes. I doubt he makes it in this league, and if he does he won't amount to more than a back up. I'd rather not keep holding a roster spot at a position that we are already weak at and need upgrades badly.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,403

Post#56 » by fleet » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:20 am

City of Trees wrote:

Yeah but he looked terrible even before his glass bones broke again.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Post#57 » by CjayC » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:53 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
CjayC wrote:Cannot wait until we can get Mitch some real receivers out there. Bears should be shoveling that contract out to Christian Kirk, St. Brown, or Ridley already. Probably need to draft some more Oline too. I feel like Cody's snap issues might be consistency with having to snap to like 5 different starting QB's in 2 years(And IIRC he didn't play Center in college although he was projected to play anywhere on the interior as a pro).

I don't like the upcoming WR class in the draft at all. Courtland Sutton may be the highest upside there is, but I don't think Kirk, Ridley or St. Brown are anything special, as much as they are the best in a bad class.

The Bears definitely need to use free agency to address WR rather than the draft.

I think its a decent class of receivers. I think its for sure better than the 2016 class that was headed by Corey Coleman. I think Kirk can be a force, it's been repeated, but his suddenness and explosion in short spaces of the field really is reminiscent of Odell, and some Jarvis Landry. He's got a mean streak to him too. Doesn't shy away from contact or blocks and is hard to tackle especially in open spaces.

St. Brown is 6'5, quick(Possibly even fast in terms of top-end speed), runs sharp routes, and he's an effortless catcher. He hasn't shown to be the type to just jump over a DB's head and pluck the ball over him, but he wasn't really used like that by Kizer and Wimbush kind of sucks at throwing for the time being. In his case I don't see why he can't be taught to go sky up when he needs to.

Not saying spend a Top 5 pick on these guys if we get there, but 7-14 range which is where I think we'll end up I'd consider it. The Bears O by design is meant to get guys in space where they can make plays after the catch and that's what they can do. Putting an explosive burner like Kirk back there or a tall, quick, sharp route runner like St. Brown that would still go a long ways with helping Mitch and the O.

I think they do need to put priority on getting Robinson or Pryor they're built for what they're trying to do. Landry would be nice as well(Completely ignoring whatever's happening with the cap situation in regards to resigning Kyle Fuller, and giving guys like Cam Meredith new contracts) ,but I wouldn't cry if we only ended up with Robinson/Pryor and Ridley as a 2nd round pick. Not really interested in what I've seen of the rest of the FA WR class. Adams is almost assuredly gonna get the franchise tag. Watkins & Matthews no thanks. Alshon is gone.

Return to Chicago Bears