Image Image Image Image

The WR Situation

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: The WR Situation 

Post#21 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:22 am

#1: Apparently Demaryius Thomas is upset and has been progressively getting in worse shape in Denver. Didn't hurt his numbers too much. He could be cut. Dez Bryant could be cut. If we're looking for a true #1 receiver we should go for them or for Davante Adams. Dez is the oldest and has had issues with his feet and lower legs the last couple years.

slot: if we don't want to keep Kendall Wright then we should look to replace him with Ryan Grant or Danny Amendola. Grant is the most dynamic. Amendola is the most reliable and may be the cheapest out of the three, but he may choose to stay in NE.

project: Cody Latimer has similar build and athleticism to Kevin White and still hasn't done much with it. If we really want what White has to offer, it wouldn't hurt to add Latimer in case White goes down again. Then Latimer can be the big-bodied receiver who runs slats and grabs jump balls. Both have the potential to randomly become pro bowlers because of their athletic abilities and strong hands.

#1 Adams/Thomas/Bryant (10-12mil/yr)
#2 Meredith (1.5mil for one year)
#3 Wright/Amendola/Grant (1.5-3.5mil/yr)
#4 Wheaton
#5 White
#6 Latimer (1mil)
for training camp: Bellamy, Gentry, Seales, etc.

If White or Latimer exceed expectations then they climb up the depth chart. I would also try to grab a receiver with one of our first three picks, but I wouldn't reach.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: The WR Situation 

Post#22 » by City of Trees » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:45 am

Rd1: Calvin Ridley
Rd2: Anthony Miller

That will give Trubusky some weapons

WR1 Ridley
WR2 Meredith
WR3 Miller

TE Shaheen

RB Howard/Cohen

Line them up 4 wide with Cohen and Miller on opposite ends would really stretch the defense.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Bears