Image Image Image Image

The Bears Culture

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

The Bears Culture 

Post#1 » by Susan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Here's Jordan Howard + Pernell McPhee wearing #86 in honor of Zach Miller.

There's the story of Mitch cussing out the o-line when they left the huddle early and Sitton loving it.

Then there's Marty quitting on the Packers and getting cut by them. I know people were complaining that we gave up on him and got nothing for him but it appears he's a malcontent.

Outside of Alshon leaving, I really love what Pace/Fox have done in terms of setting the foundation of this franchise. We were a lost franchise for a while there but it's nice to see the arrow pointed upward finally. Now lets just add a little more talent to this squad and we're golden.
Truebiscuit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,005

Re: The Bears Culture 

Post#2 » by Truebiscuit » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:37 pm

This roster is starting to feel like a close-knit team; reminds me of Lovie's early years here.

We just need to start stacking wins; HUGE game against Green Bay this weekend!
Working on becoming Titletown:
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
White Sox - nobody cares :D
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#3 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Can't come out looking unprepared or lost against the Packers. Coming of the bye and especially them not having Rodgers.

That's been the biggest issue with this team I'd say, but this year you're starting to it remedied.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#4 » by transplant » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Good thread.

I've been hearing the media since the beginning of the season saying that Fox is a "dead man walking." I'm not saying that Fox is a shoe-in for next season, but I don't believe that his exit is a done deal.

No question, Fox is a conservative HC. He's trying to win every game and his reputation is that he can win games with offenses that suck loudly. The thing is that Fox is a key to the current culture. He took what was a total clown show under Trestman and turned it into a legit NFL team. Unlike the Trestman era, even when the Bears lose, I don't feel embarrassed to be a Bears fan. Under Fox, the Bears are a professionally-run NFL team. Yeah, it's a low bar, but I'd rather be over the low bar than under it.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Truebiscuit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,005

Post#5 » by Truebiscuit » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Fox talks like a man that knows his job is safe. I think unless there is a complete collapse this second-half of the season, he'll be back.

Vic Fangio on the other hand... I think that dude bounces. Might need to promote the DB coach, Ed Donatell, to DC.

Not sure what happens with Loggains (is he still under contract after this season)?
Working on becoming Titletown:
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
White Sox - nobody cares :D
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#6 » by Axxo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:01 am

Truebiscuit wrote:Fox talks like a man that knows his job is safe. I think unless there is a complete collapse this second-half of the season, he'll be back.

Vic Fangio on the other hand... I think that dude bounces. Might need to promote the DB coach, Ed Donatell, to DC.

Not sure what happens with Loggains (is he still under contract after this season)?

If things happen this way it'll be a complete disaster.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#7 » by Susan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:14 am

Return to Chicago Bears