Week 10 Bears vs Packers

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Re: Week 10 Bears vs Packers 

Post#41 » by CjayC » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Susan wrote:
CjayC wrote:This is the first game I'm literally standing at the top of the table shouting Fox needs to GTFO.

2 weeks off.

-Undisciplined
-Back breaking penalties
-Once again horrible at reading the flow of the game(Run, Run, Run all game, until you only have 10 minutes left in the game and you're losing by 2 possessions)

Dude is trash. I see why Elway got rid of him. Hell he even tried to make Peyton into a game manager. He's Lovie Smith with a lot more high-powered friends & connections around the NFL. He's done what he's had to do which is right the locker room and professionalism back to at least even, after the Trestman disaster, but we're gonna need to find our Sean Mcvay to make that next step.

I don't think we need to go and be cute and try and find the next McVay. Go **** hard for Harbaugh. Payton would do as well.

Keep Fangio.

If Harbaugh is done with that level I'll take him easily. I'll take Payton on the condition that Fangio is staying cuz he's had his own issues with managing the defensive side of the ball. Whatever it takes to get Mitch and the O finally flowing.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#42 » by transplant » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:37 pm

Susan wrote:Kind of shocked. Fox needs to go on a run or this game was the nail in the coffin for him.

No question that this was a bad loss and makes Fox's seat hotter. However, since there's about zero chance that Fox will be fired before the end of the season, there's no need to storm the castle right now. Good or bad (bad more likely) Fox and his staff will have another 7 games to show...whatever.

This one sure tasted bad though.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#43 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:09 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:What a joke coming out the bye. People can keep making excuses for this coaching staff, but they need to go. Team always looks unprepared, awful penalties, and Fox screw ups combined finds a way to choke away a win.

I want Fox gone, but realistically what options are available to upgrade?

The talk about Harbaugh and Payton is cool for website hits, but why would they want to leave? Harbaugh has his dream job and he's basically his own boss at his almamater. Payton has a 7-2 team in New Orleans.

Once you get past that, what is there?
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#44 » by Axxo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:What a joke coming out the bye. People can keep making excuses for this coaching staff, but they need to go. Team always looks unprepared, awful penalties, and Fox screw ups combined finds a way to choke away a win.

The talk about Harbaugh and Payton is cool for website hits, but why would they want to leave? Harbaugh has his dream job and he's basically his own boss at his almamater. Payton has a 7-2 team in New Orleans.

Eagles OC Frank Reich
12 seasons of NFL coaching exp
2 years as Eagles OC
14 years as NFL QB (BUF, CAR, NYJ, DET)
Seems like natural fit
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#45 » by Susan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 am

Honestly, I don't want to take a risk on Reich.

This was the play I thought was roughing the passer: https://streamable.com/phpsm
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#46 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:35 am

Axxo wrote:Eagles OC Frank Reich
12 seasons of NFL coaching exp
2 years as Eagles OC
14 years as NFL QB (BUF, CAR, NYJ, DET)
Seems like natural fit

Reich is an itneresting candidate. His work with Philadelphia should definitely make him popular by the end of the season.

The emphasis on getting this hire correct can't be understated. Whoever the coach is, will have a significant hand in molding Trubisky's fate in this league.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#47 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 am

Susan wrote:Honestly, I don't want to take a risk on Reich.

This was the play I thought was roughing the passer: https://streamable.com/phpsm

Yeah, that's close. Probably gets called if it was Rodgers, for example.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Week 10 Bears vs Packers 

Post#49 » by City of Trees » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Axxo wrote:https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Bolt/Green-Bay-Packers-LB-Clay-Matthews-take-shot-at-Chicago-Bears-offense-after-victory-110401459/Amp

Smh....

He's 100% correct

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,413

Post#50 » by fleet » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Air Coryell isnt going to save this offense. Lets get some players. I dont like Fox either but... The line is overrated. Zero receivers on the team. Do we have the tight ends we thought to spell the future? Pace has to GM.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Truebiscuit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,005

Post#51 » by Truebiscuit » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:

I'll gladly take one of Pete Carmichael, Jr. (Saints) or Matt Nagy (Chiefs).
Working on becoming Titletown:
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
White Sox - nobody cares :D
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#52 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 am

fleet wrote:Air Coryell isnt going to save this offense. Lets get some players. I dont like Fox either but... The line is overrated. Zero receivers on the team. Do we have the tight ends we thought to spell the future? Pace has to GM.

This team still has the same issues it had back when Glennon was starting and we still have a ways to go in getting the talent level up to the rest of the division let alone the league . Its going to be a crazy off season as we try and figure out what type of team want want to be.

There are so many things talent wise I have questions about that t goes far beyond simply getting rid of coaches .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#53 » by fleet » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:29 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
fleet wrote:Air Coryell isnt going to save this offense. Lets get some players. I dont like Fox either but... The line is overrated. Zero receivers on the team. Do we have the tight ends we thought to spell the future? Pace has to GM.

This team still has the same issues it had back when Glennon was starting and we still have a ways to go in getting the talent level up to the rest of the division let alone the league . Its going to be a crazy off season as we try and figure out what type of team want want to be.

There are so many things talent wise I have questions about that t goes far beyond simply getting rid of coaches .

Ryan Pace is 12-29, Some Bears fans are thrilled to be under him. Somehow he is vastly superior to Phil Emery. Jerry Angelo is somewhere, smiling.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#54 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 am

fleet wrote:

Ryan Pace is 12-29, Some Bears fans are thrilled to be under him. Somehow he is vastly superior to Phil Emery. Jerry Angelo is somewhere, smiling.

Ryan Pace deserves blame as well. This off season will be a pivotal one for him.

He HAS to get the right coach and some players on offense.

Sidenote: Now rumor is that Fox was forced upon Pace, and he wanted to go a different direction. If true, Ted Phillips and McCasky's blunder continues.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#55 » by Axxo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:55 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
fleet wrote:

Ryan Pace deserves blame as well. This off season will be a pivotal one for him.

He HAS to get the right coach and some players on offense.

Sidenote: Now rumor is that Fox was forced upon Pace, and he wanted to go a different direction. If true, Ted Phillips and McCasky's blunder continues.

I heard that rumor not long after Fox was hired from alot of people. Word was Pace wanted Gase or Bowles. Bears brass was gunshy of a non seasoned NFL HC b/c of Trestman.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#56 » by Susan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:39 pm

fleet wrote:

Emery got a team with a good culture and a 10-6 record, Pace got to take over the Trestman era garbage. Do you remember seeing the Bears lose 51-23 against the Pats then coming off a bye to lose 55-14 against the Packers?

Is Floyd talented?
Is Howard?
Trubisky?
Whitehair?
Eddie Jackson?
Adrian Amos?
Hicks?
Cohen?

All Emery did was bring in Alshon + Long. Marshall was a great player on the field but was an absolute cancer. Bennett was a cancer. The defense went from something special to the freaking worst defense I've ever seen with no legit long term talent to speak about.

Pace has to turn the corner but he's brought on legit NFL talent on every major move he's made outside of Glennon/Kevin White. He let Forte walk and replaced him with a freaking monster in Jordan Howard. The dude is on pace to rush for 2500 yards in his first two seasons. This is thelist of players who've done that.

Cam Meredith, Freeman, Trevathan, White, Miller, Demps, Willie Young are all legit talent that have been sidelined. Pace isn't freaking GarPax over here trading for Cam Payne. He's brought on big time elite NFL talent (and to Fox's coaching staff's credit, they've developed these young guys).
Truebiscuit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,005

Post#57 » by Truebiscuit » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:01 am

Pace is on the right track rolling over this roster, and I agree with Susy Q above that there are some talented players here.

I simply can't see any way that Pace doesn't fire Fox/Loggains once this season ends and not go after an offensive mind to tie to Mitch Trubisky. It buys him time and it's his best shot at maximizing the heavy investment he made in trading up for the kid.

Two words: Matt Nagy.
Working on becoming Titletown:
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
White Sox - nobody cares :D
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#58 » by fleet » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:19 am

Susan wrote:
fleet wrote:

Emery got a team with a good culture and a 10-6 record, Pace got to take over the Trestman era garbage. Do you remember seeing the Bears lose 51-23 against the Pats then coming off a bye to lose 55-14 against the Packers?

Is Floyd talented?
Is Howard?
Trubisky?
Whitehair?
Eddie Jackson?
Adrian Amos?
Hicks?
Cohen?

All Emery did was bring in Alshon + Long. Marshall was a great player on the field but was an absolute cancer. Bennett was a cancer. The defense went from something special to the freaking worst defense I've ever seen with no legit long term talent to speak about.

Pace has to turn the corner but he's brought on legit NFL talent on every major move he's made outside of Glennon/Kevin White. He let Forte walk and replaced him with a freaking monster in Jordan Howard. The dude is on pace to rush for 2500 yards in his first two seasons. This is thelist of players who've done that.

Cam Meredith, Freeman, Trevathan, White, Miller, Demps, Willie Young are all legit talent that have been sidelined. Pace isn't freaking GarPax over here trading for Cam Payne. He's brought on big time elite NFL talent (and to Fox's coaching staff's credit, they've developed these young guys).

There couldn't be a GM that can't put up a list of 7 guys after 3 years. Whitehair is awful this year by the way. I hope in 2 years if he's 8-8 we aren't having the same conversation. Floyd Howard Trubisky Jackson Hicks are the shiz. The rest are ok. NFL players. There are also guys sidelined on every roster in the NFL.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#59 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:01 am

To see progress, the team has to play with consistency and start winning games.

Pace does need to add WRs in the off-season, but I do think Pace has found some guys (like Cohen and Sheehan), but Fox and co aren't using them or not properly. Also, after practicing all week, Wheaton didn't play a snap. This coaching staff is in love with Bleamy who has mostly shown to be useless as a WR.

And how many times are they going to choose to run straight up the gut on a 9 man box? They do it multiple times every game. The decision making by the coaching on play calls is awful.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#60 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:43 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:To see progress, the team has to play with consistency and start winning games.

Pace does need to add WRs in the off-season, but I do think Pace has found some guys (like Cohen and Sheehan), but Fox and co aren't using them or not properly. Also, after practicing all week, Wheaton didn't play a snap. This coaching staff is in love with Bleamy who has mostly shown to be useless as a WR.

And how many times are they going to choose to run straight up the gut on a 9 man box? They do it multiple times every game. The decision making by the coaching on play calls is awful.

Its easy to say that Fox and co arent calling the right plays or are not using players the right way but as I have said before these guys make a lot mistakes thats not on the coaching staff but the individual player . If Belichek took over this team I think you would be surprised at how many guys he would be trying to dump simply because they are not disciplined enough to do their jobs.

Wheaton practiced all week but how much work has he put in ? Inman basically moved into Halas Hall and hes been here two weeks but Wheaton has been here all season and was the bears largest investment in dollars at the wideout position has he done the same ? This seems to be an underlying problem with the Bears we have some talented players but still have too many players who get minutes because we dont have anyone else .Look at the secondary last season guys got snaps because there as nobody else and it struggled badly as soon as you increased the talent and those free snaps left look at how much the guys who were here last year improved particularly Amos and Fuller.

I really believe Fox and Pace would love to open up the offense more because they know if we could get the lead we could run and control the clock but also force teams into obvious situations on defense but they see these guys in practice everyday and if they cant get these guys to execute certain things in practice its gonna be hard to consistently open up the offense . We came out more aggressively Sunday than we had most of the season but look at some of the ridiculous penalties like those two false starts penalties back to back.

Lets remember that Pace is not living in some other country hes right here in Halas hall able to watch practice and he can see some of the holes that the team has and why Fox and Pace are not calling certain plays thats why he went out and got Inman .

One thing to keep in mind as well especially in regards to the wideouts is our receivers coach from when Pace first took over became the eagles receivers coach this year . That guys replacement who coached Meredith and Alshon last year is now the receivers coach for the saints and we have not seen the new coach paying any dividends and that turnover hurts when you toss in a bunch of receivers to start the year that all have to be coached up .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"

Return to Chicago Bears