Image Image Image Image

Bears x Lions - Week 11 - Noon on Fox

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,017

Re: Bears x Lions - Week 11 - Noon on Fox 

Post#21 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:29 pm

Susan wrote:I think one of my biggest problems with the Bears since Fox took over has been the special teams. Barth needs to go though. Let Cohen kick for all I care.

I don't think Fox is terrible and this team is really close, but if we can get Harbaugh and a top 5-7 draft pick, I'm beyond pumped. I don't even mind if we keep Loggians and we absolutely have to keep Fangio.

Yes to Harbaugh. He’s my guy. He’d put us in the playoffs next season.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#22 » by Axxo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Bears mgmt would never fork over what it would cost to get Harbaugh here.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#23 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:11 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:WTF is Connor Barth STILL on this team??? The decision and ability to not replace him shows a failure by Fox and Pace.

Its on Pace its no coincidence that Barth was in a kicking competition in new Orleans AND LOST and the Bears immediately cut Gould and signed Barth without so much as a competition and basically said he was a upgrade.

Barth was on the Broncos when Fox coached them. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's on the Bears right now.

And I'm pretty sure when Barth was signed there was another kicker on the team the coaching staff decided to.cut that has become a good kicker on another team.

There was an article questioning why Gould got released and word was that Barth was in a kicking competing in NO training camp and whoever lost the Bears were gonna pick up and give the job to which is just another case of them cutting a veteran and bringing in a replacement with absolutely no competition and the guy sucks.

Barth was added to the Broncos mid season because Matt Prater got suspended by the league for DUI which was his second DUI in 3 years which is why the Broncos released Prater.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#24 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:23 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
Its on Pace its no coincidence that Barth was in a kicking competition in new Orleans AND LOST and the Bears immediately cut Gould and signed Barth without so much as a competition and basically said he was a upgrade.

Barth was on the Broncos when Fox coached them. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's on the Bears right now.

And I'm pretty sure when Barth was signed there was another kicker on the team the coaching staff decided to.cut that has become a good kicker on another team.

There was an article questioning why Gould got released and word was that Barth was in a kicking competing in NO training camp and whoever lost the Bears were gonna pick up and give the job to which is just another case of them cutting a veteran and bringing in a replacement with absolutely no competition and the guy sucks.

Barth was added to the Broncos mid season because Matt Prater got suspended by the league for DUI which was his second DUI in 3 years which is why the Broncos released Prater.

My point is simple, both Fox and Pace are to blame for Barth still being on this roster. If you think Fox didn't have control over it, then you're kidding yourself.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 am

CjayC wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:WTF is Connor Barth STILL on this team??? The decision and ability to not replace him shows a failure by Fox and Pace.

Revisionist history. Gould missed several critical field goals himself over his last 2 years with the Bears (Off the top of my head San Francisco, San Diego, Minnesota) except he wasn't a journeyman but the highest paid kicker in the NFL. Moneyball fail nothing to see here

No revisionists history here as I clearly said they didnt sign Barth because he beat out Gould they just signed him without ANY COMPETITION and just handed him a job just like Glennon . I dont get why so many people seem to want to believe thats a good strategy for a successful team .

The Bears brought in Cairos Santos in for a physical on Nov 16th and this was after Barths best game of the season in GB.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:34 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Barth was on the Broncos when Fox coached them. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's on the Bears right now.

My point is simple, both Fox and Pace are to blame for Barth still being on this roster. If you think Fox didn't have control over it, then you're kidding yourself.

It shouldn't have gotten to that point though because unless you have a true path of moving on from the Bears all time leading scorer then you dont make that move because it simply didnt seem like a sound football move rather than a typical bears move . We dont bring in any of the top kickers in free agency or the draft but instead wait to see who they dont keep and shop the bargain bin .Yes Fox can have input on who he wants but its up to Pace to shape how the bears shop .
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#27 » by Susan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:53 pm

IMO that was Mitch's best game yet.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,017

Post#28 » by Chi town » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Susan wrote:IMO that was Mitch's best game yet.

With no WR's either. Inman will probably be a solid 3WR next season.

He missed some throw he should have completed but he also had some drops.

I think Money Mitch will be at least as good as Stafford in a couple years. Add that with our running attack and Bears should be putting up 24ppg.

Shaheen looked really good yesterday. He had some nice catches in traffic and a couple of really good blocks.

Return to Chicago Bears