Image Image Image Image

Bears @ Bengals Game Thread

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: Bears @ Bengals Game Thread 

Post#21 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Mitchell's accuracy was great.

He's special. Gonna be fun watching this kid grow into the league. With the right weapons he could be dominant. With the defense we have, this team is not far away.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#22 » by transplant » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 pm

This was a 2017 Bears fan's wet dream. Very good performances by just about all the key young players. Very important was that receivers held on to the passes. This kept the offense on schedule. Defense was solid despite all the injuries.

There haven't been many of them lately, but today was a good day to be a Bears fan.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#23 » by Susan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:14 pm

Can't wait for us to get some more weapons for Mitch. A dynamic WR to go along with the Boom & Zoom of Howard & Cohen really would be killer. Howard is the FIRST player in Bears history to have back to back 1000 yard seasons to start his career.

Read on Twitter

This is going to be a fun offseason!
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#24 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:

He's special. Gonna be fun watching this kid grow into the league. With the right weapons he could be dominant. With the defense we have, this team is not far away.

Today was the best game of his career so far.

Hopefully we'll see an aggressive offensive game plan for the rest of the season.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#25 » by Axxo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:32 am

All i see is we messed up our draft position. Probably the only chance we had to get ahead of the niners and colts
Truebiscuit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,005

Post#26 » by Truebiscuit » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 am

Axxo wrote:All i see is we messed up our draft position. Probably the only chance we had to get ahead of the niners and colts

Usually I think like this as well when we are out of playoff contention, but man... these young kids are busting their asses and they need to see the fruits of their labor once in a while. I'm happy they got the W, screw draft position for now.

Mitchell Trubisky impressed the hell out of me... three weeks ago he was completing something like 53% of his passes. Now? He's up to 58.2%. Still not great but as a rookie? I'll take it.
Working on becoming Titletown:
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
White Sox - nobody cares :D
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#27 » by Chi town » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 am

Money Mitch is the real deal. The biggest thing holding him back is Fox and is ridiculous play calls. If Fox would have opened up for Mitch they would have won a couple more games and be playing for something right now.

Howard is special. So patient and his yards after contact are insane.

Cohen with a good OC could be incredible.

Shaheen is our best TE by far... and these idiots have been benching him.

We have enough talent to be in the playoffs this season. Problem is we have half our starters on IR and our coaching staff is bottom 2 in the league.

We could do nothing but get healthy and pick a new good coachign staff and we make the playoffs next season. If we do that and Pace makes some picks I don't know how we don't look really good next season... unless Pace hires Trestmanlike garbage.

I think Pace will get it right just like he did with Money Mitch.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#28 » by Chi town » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 am

Susan wrote:Damn, Cohen is shifty.

And there goes Howard.

And there goes Nugent missing an extra point!

Best RB combo in the NFL.

Imagine what they can do with a competent coaching staff next season.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#29 » by Chi town » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 am

Susan wrote:Looking forward to watching this core grow. Howard, Cohen, Mitch, Shaheen baby!

Me too. Add in Cam Meredith and another young WR and we will be looking good.
Susan
RealGM

Post#30 » by Susan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:02 am

Axxo wrote:All i see is we messed up our draft position. Probably the only chance we had to get ahead of the niners and colts

We're never breaking into the top 5, I'd rather win out and move to 12 and let Pace trade up for the guy he wants.

Mitch winning games and looking great while having a worse draft pick would be so much better than losing out and having questions about him and having the 6th pick.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#31 » by CBS7 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:

I''m thinking playoffs next year, real contender the year after that.

Highly depends on what direction we take with the coaching staff, though..
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,397

Post#32 » by fleet » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:15 am

Susan wrote:

We're never breaking into the top 5, I'd rather win out and move to 12 and let Pace trade up for the guy he wants.

Mitch winning games and looking great while having a worse draft pick would be so much better than losing out and having questions about him and having the 6th pick.

The best case would have been for Mitch to keep having growing pains for more games and the Bears lose out. Or find some other way to lose. The Bears needed to be in draft range for one of the top QBs to be on the board for their pick so a desperate team trades up and then the Bears can recoup what they lost trading up for Mitch.

This culture by win stuff, eh I think it is sports myth. Like "women weaken legs". The Bears sucked and sucked and sucked until 1983. But they had assembled all the pieces in place. Finally in 1984 the pieces started flexing muscle and in 1985 they made history. They had no problems building culture while they were losing. Good people are gonna stay good no matter what they go through. And in fact of they go through hard times at first they probably come out harder at the end of it all if anything. We talk about them like they are delicate princesses that will crater under fire. They're not. They are gladiators if they are winners. These modern Bears needed to keep losing and grabbing the best draft pieces for the happiest ending. Despite the celebration for beating the Bengals who were ripe for a beating.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#33 » by CBS7 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:46 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:

I''m thinking playoffs next year, real contender the year after that.

Highly depends on what direction we take with the coaching staff, though..
Chi town
RealGM

Post#34 » by Chi town » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:26 am

Susan wrote:

Money Mitch can still play great while we lose. It really comes down to if Fox will let him play or not.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#35 » by Axxo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:55 am

Susan wrote:

Noooo..... no trading up :banghead:
Axxo
Analyst

Post#36 » by Axxo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:09 am

fleet wrote:
Susan wrote:

The best case would have been for Mitch to keep having growing pains for more games and the Bears lose out. Or find some other way to lose. The Bears needed to be in draft range for one of the top QBs to be on the board for their pick so a desperate team trades up and then the Bears can recoup what they lost trading up for Mitch.

This culture by win stuff, eh I think it is sports myth. Like "women weaken legs". The Bears sucked and sucked and sucked until 1983. But they had assembled all the pieces in place. Finally in 1984 the pieces started flexing muscle and in 1985 they made history. They had no problems building culture while they were losing. Good people are gonna stay good no matter what they go through. And in fact of they go through hard times at first they probably come out harder at the end of it all if anything. We talk about them like they are delicate princesses that will crater under fire. They're not. They are gladiators if they are winners. These modern Bears needed to keep losing and grabbing the best draft pieces for the happiest ending. Despite the celebration for beating the Bengals who were ripe for a beating.

My point exactly Fleet. We could have traded down with a team moving up to get one of those QBs, made out like bandits and still had high 1st round position.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#37 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:21 am

I'd rather have lost yesterday as well, simply because of being able to rip a team off in a trade.

But I can't complain about Trubisky having a great game or hoping that he struggled. That doesn't make sense to me.

Meh, hopefully they lose to the browns, lol.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Susan
RealGM

Post#38 » by Susan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:55 pm

I remember reading a study way back in the day that said even if they're meaningless, teams that do well in the end of the season tend to do better in the following season.

Honestly, we were never getting into the top 3 or 4. That's always where the QBs are traded up for (us last year, Wentz & Goff the previous year) and even being at 10-12 doesn't disqualify us from doing so (last year Mahomes and Watson were traded up for in that range).

If Pace sees an OLB that is transformative, or a WR that will be here for a decade, I'm perfectly fine with him trading up for it but if we wind up trading back, that's fine too.

I think we can get by with Cam, Wright, Inman and a rookie WR + a big FA WR. I think Shaheen makes a big leap forward next year. You can just see it in that guy, he's a freaking monster.

I can't say enough about how much I love these rookies (and Howard). Cohen is our most exciting player since Hester.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#39 » by Axxo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Sequon Barkley (RB) would also go in the top five. So even with the 5th pick Bears could have gotten alot in a trade.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#40 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:55 pm

fleet wrote:
Susan wrote:

Pace and Fox have too much on the line they need to have some success to keep selling their plan
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"

Return to Chicago Bears