Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Bears @ Bengals Game Thread 

Post#41 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:21 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
fleet wrote:
Susan wrote:
We're never breaking into the top 5, I'd rather win out and move to 12 and let Pace trade up for the guy he wants.

Mitch winning games and looking great while having a worse draft pick would be so much better than losing out and having questions about him and having the 6th pick.

The best case would have been for Mitch to keep having growing pains for more games and the Bears lose out. Or find some other way to lose. The Bears needed to be in draft range for one of the top QBs to be on the board for their pick so a desperate team trades up and then the Bears can recoup what they lost trading up for Mitch.

This culture by win stuff, eh I think it is sports myth. Like "women weaken legs". The Bears sucked and sucked and sucked until 1983. But they had assembled all the pieces in place. Finally in 1984 the pieces started flexing muscle and in 1985 they made history. They had no problems building culture while they were losing. Good people are gonna stay good no matter what they go through. And in fact of they go through hard times at first they probably come out harder at the end of it all if anything. We talk about them like they are delicate princesses that will crater under fire. They're not. They are gladiators if they are winners. These modern Bears needed to keep losing and grabbing the best draft pieces for the happiest ending. Despite the celebration for beating the Bengals who were ripe for a beating.

Pace and Fox have too much on the line they need to have some success to keep selling their plan

There's no more Pace and Fox. Reports are that fox is done and even he knows it at this point.

It's just pace at this point
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bears