Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Re: RE: Re: General discussion - 2018 season 

Post#21 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:32 am

City of Trees wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Did anyone see how the Patriots blew up the RPO the Jags were using in the 2nd half? Thats the same direction the Bears are moving toward for the offense.

The eagles use the RPO to get to the super bowl

RPO with a scrub QB = Fail

Foles has proven he can get hot and light it up. Bortles is a scrub.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Bortles has played just as well as foles

Edit.

Ok. Not as good as Foles but he's been far from a scrub. And my point was it's who runs it. And it's the Patriots, they'll make anyone look bad.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: General discussion - 2018 season 

Post#22 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 am

patryk7754 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:The eagles use the RPO to get to the super bowl

Bortles has played just as well as foles

Edit.

Ok. Not as good as Foles but he's been far from a scrub. And my point was it's who runs it. And it's the Patriots, they'll make anyone look bad.

I think we are making the same point.

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: RE: Re: General discussion - 2018 season 

Post#23 » by Axxo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:49 am

City of Trees wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Did anyone see how the Patriots blew up the RPO the Jags were using in the 2nd half? Thats the same direction the Bears are moving toward for the offense.

The eagles use the RPO to get to the super bowl

Lets see if the Pats have a formula for blowing that up with the Eagles as well.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#24 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:11 am

Axxo wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:The eagles use the RPO to get to the super bowl

Lets see if the Pats have a formula for blowing that up with the Eagles as well.

Pats always have a plan. But I love how it always leads back to how the Bears will/do suck hahaha. At least you're consistent

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: General discussion - 2018 season 

Post#25 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:25 am

I'm pretty sure I've read that the Packers and Steelers run it too.

It all comes down to Trubisky though. If he's a bust, it won't matter if the Bears run the best offense ever created.

Best we have to hope for is Nagy being able to develop Mitchell and fix mechanical issues, and Pace needs to set him up to succeed by getting some protection and decent weapons.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst

Post#26 » by Axxo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:45 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Axxo wrote:
City of Trees wrote:RPO with a scrub QB = Fail

Pats always have a plan. But I love how it always leads back to how the Bears will/do suck hahaha. At least you're consistent

Copy cat league. If it works it becomes a blueprint.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#27 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:23 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I'm pretty sure I've read that the Packers and Steelers run it too.

It all comes down to Trubisky though. If he's a bust, it won't matter if the Bears run the best offense ever created.

Best we have to hope for is Nagy being able to develop Mitchell and fix mechanical issues, and Pace needs to set him up to succeed by getting some protection and decent weapons.

A lot of teams run it. If they got an athletic QB they run it
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#28 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:35 pm

transplant wrote:Shortly after his first Bears press conference, Nagy was asked whether he thought it was reasonable to EXPECT that the Bears would make the playoffs next season. He said no. Since then, Nagy has been roundly criticized for this statement.

I appreciate his honesty and can't see how a reasonable person could have answered differently.

The Falcons, Rams, Panthers, Saints, Eagles and Vikings made the playoffs in the NFC. Do you EXPECT the Bears to pass any of these teams next season? I don't. Dallas, Detroit and Seattle were good teams who fell just short of the playoffs. Do you EXPECT that the Bears will be better than ALL of these teams. With Rodgers healthy, are you confident that the Bears will beat be better than them? Are the Bears better than even money to be better than the Niners?

So when Nagy, before free agency or the draft, says that he wouldn't say it's reasonable to expect the Bears to make the playoffs next season, is he being cowardly or reasonable?

The media and some fans say they want honesty until they get it. Does anyone believe that Nagy won't work his ass off to make the Bears as good as they can be? Why isn't that enough?

Well somethings gotta give .

One narrative was this team was close but Fox was holding it back and another was that Pace hadn't really given Fox enough talent and the new guy comes in and basically says its not close which if thats the case means there are problems far beyond Fox .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#29 » by Axxo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:45 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
transplant wrote:Shortly after his first Bears press conference, Nagy was asked whether he thought it was reasonable to EXPECT that the Bears would make the playoffs next season. He said no. Since then, Nagy has been roundly criticized for this statement.

I appreciate his honesty and can't see how a reasonable person could have answered differently.

The Falcons, Rams, Panthers, Saints, Eagles and Vikings made the playoffs in the NFC. Do you EXPECT the Bears to pass any of these teams next season? I don't. Dallas, Detroit and Seattle were good teams who fell just short of the playoffs. Do you EXPECT that the Bears will be better than ALL of these teams. With Rodgers healthy, are you confident that the Bears will beat be better than them? Are the Bears better than even money to be better than the Niners?

So when Nagy, before free agency or the draft, says that he wouldn't say it's reasonable to expect the Bears to make the playoffs next season, is he being cowardly or reasonable?

The media and some fans say they want honesty until they get it. Does anyone believe that Nagy won't work his ass off to make the Bears as good as they can be? Why isn't that enough?

One narrative was this team was close but Fox was holding it back and another was that Pace hadn't really given Fox enough talent and the new guy comes in and basically says its not close which if thats the case means there are problems far beyond Fox .

You hit the nail on the head. Year 4 of rebuild, alleged progress made so yeah it shoukd be reasonable to build on what was allegedly done and make the playoffs.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#30 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:19 pm

I think it's reasonable to expect to make the playoffs, especially if it's reasonable to expect Nagy to have a significant impact on our QB and offense. There's a fourth year of continuity on defense as well. There needs to be some clear sign that this rebuild is working after next season ends.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by City of Trees » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:43 am

IDK about making the playoffs .... more like fighting for playoff contention but eventually falling short. Playoffs year two for Nagy.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#32 » by patryk7754 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:42 pm

I think we can be better than the Lions and Packers. The Lions always disappoint and the Packers have been 90% trash since they won the superbowl. Rodgers can only do so much. I think there's too much focus on the expectations of the offense right now. I believe if we get true difference makers on defense then we're in contention for a playoff spot.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#33 » by Axxo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:33 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I think we can be better than the Lions and Packers. The Lions always disappoint and the Packers have been 90% trash since they won the superbowl. Rodgers can only do so much. I think there's too much focus on the expectations of the offense right now. I believe if we get true difference makers on defense then we're in contention for a playoff spot.

To build on your comment, Packers just changed their entire staff save McCarthy and Matthews and Nelson are in decline.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#34 » by transplant » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:54 pm

Hate to be negative, but the only reason I can see to expect this Bears team to make the playoffs next season is that you believe you deserve it.

I agree that you deserve it. That's as far as I can go.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#35 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:55 am

I think Fox was holding the team back to an extent.

When you have a player like Cohen (your most explosive offensive player) and at times he only plays 9 snaps or when your best WR in Wright plays less than 40% of plays, that isn't setting up the offense for success.

Now that doesn't mean that the bears would have been a lot better, but Fox certainly wasn't doing the team or the offense any favors.

Now you add a scheme that utilizes your QBs strengths and uses the weapons it currently has (plus development and off season additions), and the continuity to the defense, expecting to at least compete for the wild card shouldn't be out of the question.

If the Bears don't show that improvement, then it has to put Pace on the hot seat. The excuses start wearing thin next season.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#36 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 am

RedBulls23 wrote:I think Fox was holding the team back to an extent.

When you have a player like Cohen (your most explosive offensive player) and at times he only plays 9 snaps or when your best WR in Wright plays less than 40% of plays, that isn't setting up the offense for success.

Now that doesn't mean that the bears would have been a lot better, but Fox certainly wasn't doing the team or the offense any favors.

Now you add a scheme that utilizes your QBs strengths and uses the weapons it currently has (plus development and off season additions), and the continuity to the defense, expecting to at least compete for the wild card shouldn't be out of the question.

If the Bears don't show that improvement, then it has to put Pace on the hot seat. The excuses start wearing thin next season.

See the problem is that when you say stuff like how many snaps the are playing you are assuming responsibility for everything those players know and are capable of .

Everyone claimed Fox didn't want to play Howard but the truth was that Howard reported overweight and the coaching staff didn't say a word publicly and let him work himself into shape and never left the lineup again . This was Howards own take of situation and how Fox handled things .

You say Cohen didn't get enough snaps but how much of the playbook did Cohen know ? You add in the Bears are a run heavy team and how many between the tackles run are you gonna call for Cohen ? You further add in the limited amount of snaps the bears offense sometimes had and the things the defense are trying to take away and its hard to say whether Fox was holding him back or did he simply have the normal limitations of a small college RB in a new system with limited personnel around him ?

Wright was the best slot receiver on a team without a #1 or #2 its easy to say you would've put him out there but would've you have him outside when he has never played out there . I doubt it and Wright had his most productive year since 2013 were the Titans and Mariotta misusing him last year when he caught 29 catches last year ? They dumped him and went out and drafted a receiver in the the top 10 and signed a veteran wideout as well.

Fox was playing the hand he was dealt the hand that in a huge offseason for him the gm gave him Glennon as his prized free agent even though we had a ton of cap and let his biggest offensive playmaker walk .

Fox was a convenient scapegoat and the issues this team has were not on him alone . If it was we would have little work to do in free agency or the draft because we can just bring everyone back and the team would simply be better with coaching. The fact that the new coach immediately says this is not a playoff team says something about the talent level now doesn't it ?

Pace should already be on the hot seat as the franchise under him is 14-31.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#37 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:13 am

RedBulls23 wrote:I think Fox was holding the team back to an extent.

See the problem is that when you say stuff like how many snaps the are playing you are assuming responsibility for everything those players know and are capable of .

Everyone claimed Fox didn't want to play Howard but the truth was that Howard reported overweight and the coaching staff didn't say a word publicly and let him work himself into shape and never left the lineup again . This was Howards own take of situation and how Fox handled things .

You say Cohen didn't get enough snaps but how much of the playbook did Cohen know ? You add in the Bears are a run heavy team and how many between the tackles run are you gonna call for Cohen ? You further add in the limited amount of snaps the bears offense sometimes had and the things the defense are trying to take away and its hard to say whether Fox was holding him back or did he simply have the normal limitations of a small college RB in a new system with limited personnel around him ?

Wright was the best slot receiver on a team without a #1 or #2 its easy to say you would've put him out there but would've you have him outside when he has never played out there . I doubt it and Wright had his most productive year since 2013 were the Titans and Mariotta misusing him last year when he caught 29 catches last year ? They dumped him and went out and drafted a receiver in the the top 10 and signed a veteran wideout as well.

Fox was playing the hand he was dealt the hand that in a huge offseason for him the gm gave him Glennon as his prized free agent even though we had a ton of cap and let his biggest offensive playmaker walk .

Fox was a convenient scapegoat and the issues this team has were not on him alone . If it was we would have little work to do in free agency or the draft because we can just bring everyone back and the team would simply be better with coaching. The fact that the new coach immediately says this is not a playoff team says something about the talent level now doesn't it ?

Pace should already be on the hot seat as the franchise under him is 14-31.

When Cohen plays majority snaps the week before and then goes to 9 and then all of a sudden back into the consistent plays, that tells me it isn't him not knowing the plays, It's game planning.

You're trying to tell me that on a random week Cohen just had trouble with the playbook, but not other weeks? Seems like a convenient excuse you're making for Fox.

For Wright, I'm simply talking about having your best WR on the field and not sitting out majority of plays. He doesn't need to move outside for that to happen.

Pace deserves blame for sure (and he'll have to address holes this off season), but I just don't buy this idea that Fox doesn't deserve blame or that he wasn't holding the team back in some aspects.

Also if the Bears do make a jump next season, I won't be simply crediting Nagy for said improvement.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#38 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:25 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:When Cohen plays majority snaps the week before and then goes to 9 and then all of a sudden back into the consistent plays, that tells me it isn't him not knowing the plays, It's game planning.

You're trying to tell me that on a random week Cohen just had trouble with the playbook, but not other weeks? Seems like a convenient excuse you're making for Fox.

Im saying that there are several reasons one being hes a rookie and he was being used in a special packages because he hes not being used as a primary runner and you dont use him in the same packages that you are using Howard in .

Secondly the use of that package depends on how well you think the defense can defend it after looking at the tape because you may not feel it will be as effective trying to run those plays against fast closing defenses all stacking the box .

And lastly there are plenty of times where you want to use Cohen on a certain number of situations and the game starts and things fall apart and you never even make it to that set of plays .

But considering Cohen is playing behind a pro bowl back in Howard and the Bears offense was not sustaining enough drives to generate a large number of snaps your claims seem more than just scapegoating because you refuse to one to acknowledge the reality of the team situation

For Wright, I'm simply talking about having your best WR on the field and not sitting out majority of plays. He doesn't need to move outside for that to happen.

He does need to be outside when you re playing on a run heavy team who doesn't have 3 good receivers so they are running a bunch of two TE at times especially before Miller went down. Why would Wright who is not a good blocker be in the game during that time ?

Wright was n the field for less than 50% of the teams snaps only twice this season so considering hes a slot guy that actually pretty good

[quote
Pace deserves blame for sure (and he'll have to address holes this off season), but I just don't buy this idea that Fox doesn't deserve blame or that he wasn't holding the team back in some aspects.

Also if the Bears do make a jump next season, I won't be simply crediting Nagy for said improvement.[/quote]

They both are to blame but the argument that he was holding the team back implies that it was more there and that makes Nagy statement pretty damning to all the Fox is holding the team back claims .
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#39 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:30 am

Read on Twitter
patryk7754
General Manager