General discussion - 2018 season

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,984

Re: General discussion - 2018 season 

Post#101 » by Chi town » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:06 am

My observations from the game...

1. Our pass rush sucks. I’d guess it will get better w Hicks and Floyd going full on but we need Fitts or Irving to step up.

2. Money Mitch looks good but he will make mistakes that costs us a game or 2. He will also win us 3-4 games too.

3. Miller and Burton are going to put up huge numbers this season. You can see Money Mitch looks for both of them.

4. White looked good but I don’t think he makes a difference either way. Couple TDs. Solid 3WR because there won’t be enough targets for him.

5. Iggy looks like a player that will only improve. Big play potential. Turnover maker type.

6. Just make Daniels the C already and move Whitehair to G. This is getting stupid. Bears will put Daniels at starting G.

7. I like our D w Roquan leading it. We will be fast and disruptive.

8. I like Nagy. Love his attitude. Going for it on 4th and 1. Getting in the face of the punter w some accountable encouragement after the miss.

9. We get Mack by trade and we are super bowl contenders.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#102 » by Susan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Read on Twitter

This was the play I saw from K-White that excited me. He's our 4th WR.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#103 » by Axxo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:02 pm

D.Hall suspended 1 game
https://www.chicagobears.com/news/deiondre-hall-suspended-by-nfl-for-one-game

Question, do Bears really need this guy?
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#104 » by transplant » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:35 pm

White is not critical to the offense, but looks like he could be dangerous if he can stay healthy and rebuild his confidence. Found money. It’s possible that the Bears receiving corps could go from pathetic to an embarrassment of riches. Crazy, but I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
transplant
RealGM

Post#105 » by transplant » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:42 pm

Axxo wrote:D.Hall suspended 1 game
https://www.chicagobears.com/news/deiondre-hall-suspended-by-nfl-for-one-game

Question, do Bears really need this guy?

Don’t know. Seems like a bubble guy, but I trust Fangio to make the right call on this.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

Axxo
Analyst

Post#106 » by Axxo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:52 pm

fleet wrote:I'd give them a first, another mid pick, and Iggy. Probably not enough, but that's all you should give up for the right to pay him 20 mil a year.

Read on Twitter

Bears trending up in vegas odds for Mack trade
https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/khalil-mack-trade-could-be-imminent
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,339

Post#107 » by fleet » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:31 am

Spoiler:
Axxo wrote:
fleet wrote:I'd give them a first, another mid pick, and Iggy. Probably not enough, but that's all you should give up for the right to pay him 20 mil a year.

Read on Twitter

Bears trending up in vegas odds for Mack trade
https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/khalil-mack-trade-could-be-imminent

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

IDKW Banner would put the Bears over the Packers though. Yet he did.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,339

Post#108 » by fleet » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:44 am

Jason La Canfora apparently said:

“The New York Jets, the Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears … those are the teams I’m continually hearing tied to Khalil Mack

https://dawindycity.com/2018/08/23/chicago-bears-rumors-interested-mack/
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#109 » by Axxo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:34 pm

fleet wrote:Jason La Canfora apparently said:

“The New York Jets, the Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears … those are the teams I’m continually hearing tied to Khalil Mack

https://dawindycity.com/2018/08/23/chicago-bears-rumors-interested-mack/

Who has more cap space currently?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#110 » by City of Trees » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Gruden will want two 1sts and a mean offensive lineman

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#111 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:58 am

So a rookie head coach teaching a new system to a team full of young ,inexperienced ,or recovering from injuries outside of Howard decides to not play them or the young qb in the 3rd preseason game ? :o

just gonna toss em out there on Sunday night in lambeau in two weeks ...
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#112 » by Axxo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:54 am

City of Trees wrote:Gruden will want two 1sts and a mean offensive lineman

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

They will ask, but no one will send an oline man. We need to add while Mitch is still on his rookie. Plus Pace hasn't applied the same effort in gettin players Vic needs to run his scheme. Besides raiders look like they'll have to cut good players. Cut Hall, some these crummy LBs and Cooper then re-stock off the raiders, raven, chiefs and broncos cap/injury casualties. Give em 2 1sts plus something to outbid the top offer on the table.
Susan
RealGM

Post#113 » by Susan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:16 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:So a rookie head coach teaching a new system to a team full of young ,inexperienced ,or recovering from injuries outside of Howard decides to not play them or the young qb in the 3rd preseason game ? :o

Leonard Floyd, Adam Shaheen.

Packers aren't playing their guys today either. Rams as well.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#114 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:00 am

Susan wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:So a rookie head coach teaching a new system to a team full of young ,inexperienced ,or recovering from injuries outside of Howard decides to not play them or the young qb in the 3rd preseason game ? :o

Better not let anyone practice either. Guys have been injured then as well.

Honestly, I don't want to hear talk of Trubisky not having enough experience when you don't take the opportunity you have to help him get it.

Maybe you can make the arguement that they shouldn't have played today, but they also didn't play the HOF game, and only played one series the game after.

Btw, the packers are well experienced and the rams are going into their 2nd year in the offense they play in.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,984

Post#115 » by Chi town » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:49 am

1. Damn, Wims looked unreal. Kid played like a starter.

2. Daniel is a capable backup. That’s big for us.

3. Kwit played. That means Roquan starts vs GB.

4. Next years edge/rushing talent is off the charts. I’d only trade for Mack if it’s 1 first. Our first (it would be late w Mack) and James Daniels I’d do.

5. We are crazy deep at WR. We could trade from this position if need be. Still think Burton will lead us w catches.

6. Nagy has shown he gets it by sitting starters.
Susan
RealGM

Post#116 » by Susan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Susan wrote:

Better not let anyone practice either. Guys have been injured then as well.

Honestly, I don't want to hear talk of Trubisky not having enough experience when you don't take the opportunity you have to help him get it.

Maybe you can make the arguement that they shouldn't have played today, but they also didn't play the HOF game, and only played one series the game after.

Btw, the packers are well experienced and the rams are going into their 2nd year in the offense they play in.

Did the backups look bad? If the backups looked bad and unprepared, I'd be way more worried but they looked really good and think about how many times over the past 10 years (outside of McCown) we've had somebody go down and there was a serious dropoff.

Look at the Eagles last year (I think that's in part what they're trying to build here). They had multiple options at WR, TE, RB and QB.

Going back to the game. Wims needs to make this team, he showed some top end speed today and his TD catch was absurd. White ran a great route on his TD and the entire bench went nuts for him.

I absolutely love this picture:

There's something special about this group. I really love how they're developing Mitch vs the way they put everything on Jay. It just seems like they're putting him into a position to succeed with tons of weapons around him whereas Jay always had to manufacture something out of nothing (outside of Forte and then Marshall/Jeffery later on).

They outplayed the KC starters with their backups and everybody wants to talk about how our starters didn't play.
Susan
RealGM

Post#117 » by Susan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:30 pm

This is a franchise that has been decimated by injuries in the past 3 years. We have Nagy going off and trying something different to avoid this and the media wants to crush him for it.

I personally love Nagy's confidence and the team is buying in 100%.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#118 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:49 pm

All this stuff is fluff. Lets see some improvements in the field.

We've been down this road of excitement in the past. To say otherwise is revisionist history.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
transplant
RealGM

Post#119 » by transplant » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Susan wrote:This is a franchise that has been decimated by injuries in the past 3 years. We have Nagy going off and trying something different to avoid this and the media wants to crush him for it.

+1

Nagy knew he was going to get **** for this decision and didn't let this fact stop him from doing what he thinks best. Fans/media will judge the decision based on the Packers result which of course is nonsense. Personally, I hate it when a HC (or GM for that matter) lets public opinion influence their best judgement. So many fans/media are windsocks and are going to hammer you or adore you based on what just happened.

A leader has to ignore that noise, gather input from individuals they trust and then follow that internal voice that has guided them to success. Nagy may be a rookie HC, but it appears to have learned this important lesson. You go, Matt.

Susan
RealGM

Post#120 » by Susan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:20 pm

transplant wrote:
Susan wrote:This is a franchise that has been decimated by injuries in the past 3 years. We have Nagy going off and trying something different to avoid this and the media wants to crush him for it.

+1

Nagy knew he was going to get **** for this decision and didn't let this fact stop him from doing what he thinks best. Fans/media will judge the decision based on the Packers result which of course is nonsense. Personally, I hate it when a HC (or GM for that matter) lets public opinion influence their best judgement. So many fans/media are windsocks and are going to hammer you or adore you based on what just happened.

A leader has to ignore that noise, gather input from individuals they trust and then follow that internal voice that has guided them to success. Nagy may be a rookie HC, but it appears to have learned this important lesson. You go, Matt.

He's got those 53 men on the same page and excited to play this game.

How'd Cam Meredith look for the Bears last year? Oh wait. He didn't play at all because he got hurt in the pre-season.

Return to Chicago Bears