Image Image Image Image

General discussion - 2018 season

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Re: General discussion - 2018 season 

Post#81 » by patryk7754 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 pm

I saw something that said the raiders are open to listening to teams about Mack. He just miss the first preseason game and was fined 840k so it seems like he's willing to take it further than most players. I would definitely do something involving a first round pick for him

Floyd trevathan Smith Mack. That's scary
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#82 » by Axxo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:04 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I saw something that said the raiders are open to listening to teams about Mack. He just miss the first preseason game and was fined 840k so it seems like he's willing to take it further than most players. I would definitely do something involving a first round pick for him

Yes :nod:
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#83 » by patryk7754 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Axxo wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I saw something that said the raiders are open to listening to teams about Mack. He just miss the first preseason game and was fined 840k so it seems like he's willing to take it further than most players. I would definitely do something involving a first round pick for him

The question is, how much is he worth. Hes not a QB but he did make first team all pro at two positions a couple seasons ago. I think the absolute most id give up is a first and a future second.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#84 » by Axxo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:33 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
Axxo wrote:

The question is, how much is he worth. Hes not a QB but he did make first team all pro at two positions a couple seasons ago. I think the absolute most id give up is a first and a future second.

Based on what Gruden said about the defense being no better last season with him I think it would be doable for that asking price unless another team comes in and overpays.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#85 » by Axxo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:52 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Vegas odds put GB as fav to land Mack b/c they have two 2019 1st round picks. Pace needs to get creative here and do a pre-emptive strike. Make some moves to acquire assets. Letting Mack get to geen bay puts us way behind in an already difficult division.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#86 » by patryk7754 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:53 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2791569-packers-bears-odds-on-favorites-to-land-khalil-mack.amp.html

Idk what I'd be happier about. Getting Mack or suggesting something crazy should happen and it actually happens this time
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#87 » by transplant » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:59 pm

I’m always uneasy about football trades. Seems like more bust than work. Also, I don’t like paying the top of the market for a non-QB.

I don’t know what the ante is to get into the Mack game, but while every team would love to have him, I’m guessing that the combination of what the Raiders would want and what Mack’s agent would want would be too rich for my blood.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,411

Post#88 » by fleet » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 pm

I'd give them a first, another mid pick, and Iggy. Probably not enough, but that's all you should give up for the right to pay him 20 mil a year.

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#89 » by Chi town » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:12 am

If anything Pace should be making the Packers overpay!

Mack does make this defense top 5. If Nagy and Money Mitch are legit we have super bowl talent this season.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#90 » by fleet » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:13 am

Chi town wrote:If anything Pace should be making the Packers overpay!

Mack does make this defense top 5. If Nagy and Money Mitch are legit we have super bowl talent this season.

Vegas is sleeping on that :D
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#91 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:30 am

We have a ways to go offensively . I dont think White hair is starting at center on opening day and Kevin White just doesn't look like a 1st rd Nfl caliber wideout
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#92 » by fleet » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:34 am

Agree. Offense will have ups and downs. They may be average by end of season
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#93 » by fleet » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:38 am

Apparently the Bears have a young Big Cat Williams at backup OT.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#94 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:51 am

fleet wrote:I'd give them a first, another mid pick, and Iggy. Probably not enough, but that's all you should give up for the right to pay him 20 mil a year.

Read on Twitter

Who's Iggy?

Ah... never mind
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#95 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:53 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:We have a ways to go offensively . I dont think White hair is starting at center on opening day and Kevin White just doesn't look like a 1st rd Nfl caliber wideout

Agreed on all 3.

I just don't get why they didn't make the switch on Whitehair and Daniels to start camp.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#96 » by Susan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:42 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:We have a ways to go offensively . I dont think White hair is starting at center on opening day and Kevin White just doesn't look like a 1st rd Nfl caliber wideout

i thought White looked really good last night. Night and day over what he did in game 2. That bubble screen that he got a 1st down on he showed some really good shiftiness and the PI call he made a good play on the ball to mess the CB up.

Miller is an absolute beast though. Burton looked like a real playmaker, fingers crossed that Shaheen is fine. Did Gabriel play at all?

But I disagree about the offense having a ways to go. I guess it's all relative but this didn't look like Glennon out there or some of those really bad Bears offenses we've had over the years.

I wasn't all about it before but I want them to go after Mack. I think the offense has too many options, Mitch has enough talent and plays smart and their coaching staff is really ready to utilize their talent to make a good offense. You get a good offense going along with adding a player like Mack to that defense, everything would really click together.

I think we'd be a top 3 defense with a player of his magnitude at OLB. He'd raise up Floyd's game, our ILBs are good to go between Danny T, Roquan and Nick Kwit. The D-Line is going to be good and I think our secondary is going to be strong as well. Everything is just set up (the rest of the defense and the current cap situation) for going all in on him and this is clearly the biggest issue on the roster today.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#97 » by patryk7754 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:44 pm

That's why we should he willing to give up a lot even if it's too much. I'd rather have real Superbowl aspirations than another 30 years of mediocrity
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#98 » by Susan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:06 pm

patryk7754 wrote:

That's why we should he willing to give up a lot even if it's too much. I'd rather have real Superbowl aspirations than another 30 years of mediocrity

https://theathletic.com/476255/2018/08/17/playing-the-market-bears-are-financially-well-positioned-to-go-all-in/

Not sure if you guys subscribe to The Athletic but this is a good article on why they're positioned well right now (with Mitch getting his rookie scale). I don't want to quote the article because it's kind of stealing to do so, but Dan Durkin had a great comment that I'll quote:

This is precisely what I’m saying, Scott. New CBA looming with unknown changes to the cap. So having cost control at expensive positions is the market inequity to take advantage of. If Floyd and Trubisky are both “hits,” now is exactly the time to roll dice on players who could put you over the top — in the vein of Khalil Mack.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#99 » by patryk7754 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:38 pm

If we get Mack we'll be like the Seahawks team that won the Superbowl. Not as close but similar. We already have a great pass defense. Our run defense gets better and better and with Mack we'll have a great pass rush defense. Offensively, we have a great running game and oline. Above average position players and trubisky is similar to Wilson
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#100 » by transplant » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Last I looked, the Bears were something like 100-1 to win the Super Bowl. How much does Mack change this and is it worth 2 first rounders (at least) plus over 20 mil of cap space.

No thanks. If you're an optimist, the Bears look competitive on paper, but they're not very deep yet. Even normal attrition could create serious holes. Too early to go all in.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan

Return to Chicago Bears