Post#1 » by Axxo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 pm

@4 years 32 mil, POS TE
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Trey Burton signs with Bears 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:37 pm

That's a lot of money. Hopefully this works out better than Sims.

Hopefully Sheehan will improve too.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#3 » by CjayC » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:51 pm

He plays like a big slot WR. Nagy liked to flex Kelce out wide sometimes so its important to have this guy. I don't think that ability is in Sims' or Shaheen's skillset. Seems like an overpay, but w/e they have a QB to develop.

Looks like we're gonna have a defensive heavy draft. That seems to be where most of the talent is, and our D is like a few players away from being dynamite.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#4 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Great redzone threat.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#5 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:12 pm

Trubisky
Robinson
Meredith
White
Burton
Shaheen
Howard
Cohen
Great oline.

This offense is starting to take shape
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#6 » by transplant » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 pm

A plus pass-catching TE. Essential to the new offense.

Don't stop now, Ryan...you're on a roll.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#7 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:23 pm

I wonder if this means we cut Sims. He's due nearly 6 mil. Thats a lot dedicated to two TE especially since we supposedly have our TE of the future. But still Thats a legit trio assuming sims can leave up to his contract.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#8 » by Axxo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:53 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I wonder if this means we cut Sims. He's due nearly 6 mil. Thats a lot dedicated to two TE especially since we supposedly have our TE of the future. But still Thats a legit trio assuming sims can leave up to his contract.

Yeah I bet he gets cut unless Nagy wants to run 3 TE schemes.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Post#9 » by fleet » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:05 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I wonder if this means we cut Sims. He's due nearly 6 mil. Thats a lot dedicated to two TE especially since we supposedly have our TE of the future. But still Thats a legit trio assuming sims can leave up to his contract.

Would be nice to sign a guy that sticks around instead of constantly cleaning up.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#10 » by Axxo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Does Burton block? I think that would be an indicator on how many TEs Bears keep.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#11 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:27 pm

My only guess is that Nagy views Shaheen as more of an inline TE and Burton as someone who you can move around the formation more. Still, we just spent a 2nd on Shaheen.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#12 » by CjayC » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Burton's a converted WR so I'd guess his blocking skills probably aren't the best. It's not his skillset though. He'll be moved around the slot and flexed wide, used on rubs on crossing patterns and that kind of stuff. Shaheen will be more in that traditional, hands in the dirt TE role, but I still like his upside as a pass catcher. The Bears look like they are creating a lot of mismatches for opposing defenses so far.

I'd cut Sims or at least see if you can get something for him. While I wasn't totally down on him like a lot of people, IDK if he's worth all of that.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#13 » by Susan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:25 am

Philly just won the Super Bowl with 3 TEs and multiple WR weapons and 3 RBs that played.

That sort of versatility is huge.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#14 » by Axxo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 am

CjayC wrote:Burton's a converted WR so I'd guess his blocking skills probably aren't the best. It's not his skillset though. He'll be moved around the slot and flexed wide, used on rubs on crossing patterns and that kind of stuff. Shaheen will be more in that traditional, hands in the dirt TE role, but I still like his upside as a pass catcher. The Bears look like they are creating a lot of mismatches for opposing defenses so far.

I'd cut Sims or at least see if you can get something for him. While I wasn't totally down on him like a lot of people, IDK if he's worth all of that.

I heard on the radio 4 mil of Sims 6 mil contract becomes gauranteed on Friday so it look like he'll be cut soon.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#15 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am

If they want to cut him they should do it today or tomorrow because 4 million of his contract becomes guaranteed. Before then it's only about 600k in deadweight money.

If they keep him, it could be a sign that Nagy isn't sold on Sheehan yet.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/dion-sims-12387/
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#16 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 am

Axxo wrote:
CjayC wrote:Burton's a converted WR so I'd guess his blocking skills probably aren't the best. It's not his skillset though. He'll be moved around the slot and flexed wide, used on rubs on crossing patterns and that kind of stuff. Shaheen will be more in that traditional, hands in the dirt TE role, but I still like his upside as a pass catcher. The Bears look like they are creating a lot of mismatches for opposing defenses so far.

I heard on the radio 4 mil of Sims 6 mil contract becomes gauranteed on Friday so it look like he'll be cut soon.

That 5 million could come in handy for Fuller's contract.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#17 » by Axxo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:50 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:

That 5 million could come in handy for Fuller's contract.

Yessir :nod:

Return to Chicago Bears