?s=19
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Bears decline to match Cam Meredith's offer sheet 

Post#2 » by City of Trees » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 pm

I'm surprised. $10 over 2 years seemed low risk to me. But they have seen the medicals.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,119

Post#3 » by patryk7754 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 pm

I'm not really surprised with letting him walk. Burton, Sims, Robinson, Gabriel, Shaheen and White are a lot of options. Plus you got Cohen and Cunningham, who will be used a lot in the passing games.

This might put WR in the first on the radar again. Imagine Ridley, Robinson, Burton, Howard, and Cohen as a core.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#4 » by Axxo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 am

patryk7754 wrote:I'm not really surprised with letting him walk. Burton, Sims, Robinson, Gabriel, Shaheen and White are a lot of options. Plus you got Cohen and Cunningham, who will be used a lot in the passing games.

This might put WR in the first on the radar again. Imagine Ridley, Robinson, Burton, Howard, and Cohen as a core.

Right it depends on a teams situation whether or not they can take a chance on a player.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Post#5 » by CjayC » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:24 pm

I'm not really a fan of this move. You're essentially gambling on Kevin white as the number 2. And lets say Kevin White does pan out this year, the 5th year option is a bonus if you want to keep him on that as a try before you buy, or what do you pay him if he does have a good year? If it was health or system I understand not bringing Meredith back, but if it was money then Kevin White and Bellamy if they don't make the roster next year is minus 7 million right there. I'd rather have Meredith over both(If it wasn't for health or system reasons), those things considered.

In any case I'll wait to see what they do in the draft and post cuts. If they add a Christian Kirk, Equanimeous St Brown, Anthony Miller I could live with it, but its just one thing that could have went to shoring up another. Might have to consider a 2nd round receiver if he's the BPA when that wasn't on my mind before.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#6 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:32 am

patryk7754 wrote:I'm not really surprised with letting him walk. Burton, Sims, Robinson, Gabriel, Shaheen and White are a lot of options. Plus you got Cohen and Cunningham, who will be used a lot in the passing games.

Burton, Sims, Robinson, Gabriel, Shaheen and White thats not a lot of options and if is not a medical issue its a bewildering move at this point .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#7 » by Axxo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:10 pm

CjayC wrote:I'm not really a fan of this move. You're essentially gambling on Kevin white as the number 2. And lets say Kevin White does pan out this year, the 5th year option is a bonus if you want to keep him on that as a try before you buy, or what do you pay him if he does have a good year? If it was health or system I understand not bringing Meredith back, but if it was money then Kevin White and Bellamy if they don't make the roster next year is minus 7 million right there. I'd rather have Meredith over both(If it wasn't for health or system reasons), those things considered.

In any case I'll wait to see what they do in the draft and post cuts. If they add a Christian Kirk, Equanimeous St Brown, Anthony Miller I could live with it, but its just one thing that could have went to shoring up another. Might have to consider a 2nd round receiver if he's the BPA when that wasn't on my mind before.

It was for health conerns
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-cameron-meredith-saints-offer-sheet-20180411-story.html

I dont think its smart for Pace not to set himself up to get compensation for players they dont retain. It could mean though he is playing to make up for it by trading down in the draft.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,119

Post#8 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Maybe we make a play for Dez. He's expected to be cut. Bryant for 8 mil is a whole lot better than Cam for 5
Axxo
Analyst

Post#9 » by Axxo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:31 pm

There would probably be competition for Bryants services which could push up the cost.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#10 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:23 pm

It doesn't make much sense to go after Dez Bryant.

Nor would it make any sense to draft Ridley when there are so many better prospects available at 8 or in the 1st round in general.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst

Post#11 » by Axxo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:43 pm

The value for receivers in this years draft is in the later rounds anyway. C. Kirk or Equanimeous st. Brown would be good picks ups in 2-5.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#12 » by transplant » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Sorry to be so late, but I'm fine with this. Meredith was the Bears #1 receiver last season pretty much by default. He was good, not great. Most important are reports that, unlike Allen Robinson, Meredith isn't doing very athletic things at this point in his rehab. Also, IF Kevin White can be the #2, Meredith isn't a special teams asset. Bennie Fowler is a similar player with special teams value.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan

Return to Chicago Bears