Bears Trade: Acquire Pick 51, WR Anthony Miller

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Bears Trade: Acquire Pick 51, WR Anthony Miller 

Post#21 » by City of Trees » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:23 am

This kid feels like he has star potential.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#22 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:36 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

The rook knows how to please his new fan base/city. :lol:
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,314

Post#23 » by fleet » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:18 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#24 » by molepharmer » Fri May 4, 2018 12:36 pm

Good article from the Tribune about Miller; Q & A with the Memphis wide receiver coach David Johnson.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-anthony-miller-david-johnson-20180503-story.html

few tidbits:
.....I had met only one person who loved football more than me. And that was (current Texans defensive back) Tyrann Mathieu, who I had coached in high school. But Anthony Miller is the second person I ever met who loves football more than me. He loves football and he is the toughest player I have ever coached.....He would go full speed. On everything.........He looked to the sideline to coach (Mike) Norvell. “Just keep running the ball and run it right behind me! Toss right here. And I’m telling you this guy’s not going to make the tackle.”.....And the last drive of that game, right before we scored the last touchdown, he had three or four flat-back blocks. Like a lineman..........He went and blocked a kid from the 5-yard line all the way through the end zone and into the camera people. And the official came to our sideline. “Coach, you can’t block anybody that far. He has to stop.”..........He would work and work and work. Because he wanted to be the best. In his mind, he’s the best receiver in this draft class. He’s not saying that just to say that. He’s saying that because he doesn’t think anybody works as hard as he did.......I don’t think it’ll be so much of a true struggle. But he’s going to want it and he’s going to want it now. And it’s going to take him some time. Eventually, he’ll catch on to everything that’s going on and once he does, the sky will be the limit.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#25 » by Axxo » Fri May 4, 2018 12:55 pm

fleet wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Ok..i like this guy :nod:
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#26 » by fleet » Sun May 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#27 » by fleet » Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 pm

I read one site that said Anthony Miller has 10 3/4 inch hands. Thats MJ territory (11.37). I thought it must be a mistake because everywhere else I saw had 10 inches. Then, I saw this tweet. You gotta be freaking kidding me

Read on Twitter
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#28 » by CjayC » Mon May 21, 2018 11:30 am

Yeah he has Mickey Mouse gloves for hands. Tarik Cohen has 10 1/8 inch hands too. Its such an advantage to be able to just clamp down on the ball like a Pterodactyl.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#29 » by City of Trees » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Beast
Read on Twitter

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#30 » by Susan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:03 pm

City of Trees wrote:Beast
Read on Twitter

He's the best WR I've ever seen the Bears draft. That's not saying much but his stardom is so obvious.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#31 » by Chi town » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 am

Susan wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Beast
Read on Twitter

He's the best WR I've ever seen the Bears draft. That's not saying much but his stardom is so obvious.

It is. Kid is going to be ridiculous. Especially in this offense w Nagy. I could see him getting 8 TDs this season. I think he’s going to have some big plays.

Return to Chicago Bears