Image Image Image Image

Mack to the BEARS!

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Re: Mack to the BEARS! 

Post#41 » by transplant » Sun Sep 2, 2018 6:08 pm

HMFFL wrote:This was an excellent trade for all parties involved.
Chicago gets the force they need on defense and a guy that's going to make everybody on the line better.
Oakland gets the draft picks they desired. This will leave a huge hole for my Raiders on defense, but I understand the business side of it, and the amount of money he wanted/signed for was, too great.

Congrats!

The Raiders are making a Patriots-like move here...very future-oriented/big picture. The Patriots can get away with this kind of thing because they're magical or something, losing players the rest of us mopes think are key to their success and yet they just keep contending for, and winning, more than their share of Super Bowls.

The Raiders can get away with it because

a) they're between fan bases and the Vegas honeymoon period figures to set all of the endurance records and
b) they're still a pretty good team.

I've always liked the Raiders and wish them well.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#42 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 2, 2018 11:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

God damn!
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#43 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 8:27 am

Packers are a 7.5 favorite for week one. Will be interesting to see if that goes down and by how much.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Post#44 » by fleet » Mon Sep 3, 2018 9:27 am

RedBulls23 wrote:Packers are a 7.5 favorite for week one. Will be interesting to see if that goes down and by how much.

Possibly. Over-exited Bears money coming in. I do see the Bears as pretty significant underdogs though. 1st string defense hasn't played in weeks, with 2 new starters that have never played here, one being a rookie. So, Rodgers should be able to score. A brand new offense, young QB, rookie coach etc. Again, 1st string inactive for a long time.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#45 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 10:03 am

fleet wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Packers are a 7.5 favorite for week one. Will be interesting to see if that goes down and by how much.

Possibly. Over-exited Bears money coming in. I do see the Bears as pretty significant underdogs though. 1st string defense hasn't played in weeks, with 2 new starters that have never played here, one being a rookie. So, Rodgers should be able to score. A brand new offense, young QB, rookie coach etc. Again, 1st string inactive for a long time.

Sure, but Packers also have a tendency to not have the best 1st game of the season.

I still expect Packers to be favs, but surprised it's by more than a TD. If it stays there, I'd take the under on it.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#46 » by 2018C3 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 8:41 pm

I approve, this team needed a leader and now has one in what is arguably the 2nd most important position. This addition should also help others perform better and will hopefully have a domino effect.

The teams defense should be good, and there is a chance this addition could make it great. If it does, this team should have a shot within the next few years to at least contend.

In order for this to happen the defense will need to grow into a elite unit, and Mitch will need to get to the point where he is at least better than average. There is a lot ridding on his shoulders right now, and I'm not sold on the young quarterback yet. It looks like he finally may have some weapons on his side, and hopefully will find the skills to utilize them.

What the front office just did, is build a traditional model Bears Team. Lets all hope it works out this time around and can become one of the better ones.

If they can manage a few early wins, I think the the teams confidence will grow tremendously and provide some much needed sparks. In this division it will not be easy, but if they can sneak into the playoffs this season I will be thrilled.

Kanye West just predicted a bears super bowl win, (I have my fingers crossed he is as smart as he claims to be). I'm also really bummed that I will not be able to watch the game live this next Sunday. For the last 2 weeks I was planning to go to a Bears / Packer party, and then other more important plans were made for me. (it would be in bad taste to back out out of a family members 50th wedding anniversary dinner).

I will sneak a little 9 volt radio into the restaurant, and set it down on the table for the many other family members who are also fans.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#47 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Sep 4, 2018 8:59 am

This made me chuckle.

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#48 » by Susan » Tue Sep 4, 2018 12:40 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:This made me chuckle.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Trading and then cutting Bryant is the worst of the group IMO. Terrible planning.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#49 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:37 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

:lol: