Image Image Image Image

Week 1 - Bears vs Packers: Go Mack Go!

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,025

Re: Week 1 - Bears vs Packers: Go Mack Go! 

Post#181 » by Chi town » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:Playing not to lose offensively and trying to be too cute

This. Mitch def missed open guys but Nagy got too cute.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#182 » by Chi town » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:27 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:Playing not to lose offensively and trying to be too cute

This. Mitch def missed open guys but Nagy got too cute.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,434

Post#183 » by Susan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:27 am

Kyle Fuller needs to make that play.

Lots of growth has already happened with this franchise but still more to go.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#184 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:27 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:This is what happens when you let the foot off the gas.

We didnt take the foot off the gas we dont even know how to drive

I felt like the playcalling was much more aggressive in the first half.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,444

Post#185 » by fleet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 am

wco81 wrote:
fleet wrote:
Susan wrote:Mitch is growing up right before our eyes on this drive. Very impressed.

With his legs.

He looks limited in the pocket, especially when he gets pressure. I'm saving being impressed.

Yeah he either is looking to run or seeing if he can buy enough time until someone breaks pretty wide open.

He's going to have to learn to anticipate or lead guys away from the defender, throw into tight spaces and even some contested balls.

But maybe they have him on a tight leash, telling him not to take chances. If they think the defense is strong enough and they just need a game manager now.

Sooner or later, Bears are going to have to see what they have, see if he's going to be worth a big extension. As a high draft pick he's already earning $7.3 million this season.

Hes a classic front runner to this point. Under duress, he mentally turns into Cordell Stewart.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#186 » by Chi town » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 am

Well that feels... sick. Yuck.

Fangios D choked big time in the 2nd half. 3 TDs. All big plays.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#187 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:29 am

Susan wrote:Kyle Fuller needs to make that play.

Lots of growth has already happened with this franchise but still more to go.
Yeah that was the ball game right there but we still should have won. There was plenty of time Nagy just panicked.. trying ISO plays every down.. the middle of the field would have been wide open. We could have evev ran the ball a few times and gotten first downs
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,559

Post#188 » by Dominator83 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:30 am

The offense is a effing joke. Scored a TD on the opening drive, never scored another after. That's the Bears we know and love. Clay Matthew's gives them a free 2nd chance, and they still did Zero with it. Likes like its back to Grossman era minus the superbowl appearance
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#189 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:31 am

So damn depressing to see those freaking Packer fans going crazy like that
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
chicagoballer
Sixth Man
And1: 210

Post#190 » by chicagoballer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:31 am

heavily doubting trubisky. accuracy is not the best and didnt find the open receiver at times.

The defense is mid-tier at best. Let Rodgers come back from 20 down with a limp
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#191 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:33 am

Going to be really interesting to see how we respond against the Seahawks on Monday night
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#192 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 am

The other thing that hasn't been mentioned is this Bears team is very poorly conditioned right now. The Packers still looked fresh in the fourth quarter and the Bears had no legs, they were done.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#193 » by wco81 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 am

chicagoballer wrote:heavily doubting trubisky. accuracy is not the best and didnt find the open receiver at times.

His WRs made some great plays though.

Cobb's reception should have been a 15-yard gain if the guy covering him didn't lunge as the ball arrived.

There were some other big RAC yards by other WRs.

And Allison winning that one on one battle in the end zone.

But sure, Rodgers bought enough time and there were wide spaces in the secondary, for those RAC plays.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#194 » by fleet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:36 am

GetBuLLish wrote:Just not sold on either Trubisky or Floyd. Honestly looks like a lot of bust potential for both.

Floyd morso. Floyd has little development. Its like Mark Anderson almost. Trubisky can develop, but he lacks mentally so far, has a lot of work to do reading defenses. Id be happier with Chase Daniel if the game is tight.

Nagy? He's immature.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Ben Wilson25
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#195 » by Ben Wilson25 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:37 am

That’s a game you have to win. Once Rodgers walked out there after the half we just turtled up on both sides of the ball. This is where Nagy and Trubisky’s cockiness is supposed to set the tone. Instead, we looked scared.

PS Screw you Kyle Fuller
chicagoballer
Sixth Man
And1: 210

Post#196 » by chicagoballer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:40 am

wco81 wrote:
chicagoballer wrote:heavily doubting trubisky. accuracy is not the best and didnt find the open receiver at times.

His WRs made some great plays though.

Cobb's reception should have been a 15-yard gain if the guy covering him didn't lunge as the ball arrived.

There were some other big RAC yards by other WRs.

And Allison winning that one on one battle in the end zone.

But sure, Rodgers bought enough time and there were wide spaces in the secondary, for those RAC plays.

IMO, all those RAC yards or losing one on one battles still go on the defense. the one positive for me is to think that most of the starters are rusty after not playing much of preseason. in a few more games, we will know what this team is made of
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#197 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:42 am

fleet wrote:
GetBuLLish wrote:Just not sold on either Trubisky or Floyd. Honestly looks like a lot of bust potential for both.

Floyd morso. Floyd has little development. Its like Mark Anderson almost. Trubisky can develop, but he lacks mentally so far, has a lot of work to do reading defenses. Id be happier with Chase Daniel if the game is tight.

Nagy? He's immature.

My thoughts exactly.

Nagy also lost faith in Mitch in that 2nd half because of his happy feet and nerves. The play calling was reflective of that. Not nearly as aggressive as the first half.

Mitch still has time to grow, but we NEED to see improvement for these types of things as this season moves along.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,434

Post#198 » by Susan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:44 am

They need to rely more on Cohen/Howard. They're really dynamic running the ball and help loosen things up for Mitch.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#199 » by fleet » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:45 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
fleet wrote:

Nagy? He's immature.

My thoughts exactly.

Nagy also lost faith in Mitch in that 2nd half because of his happy feet and nerves. The play calling was reflective of that. Not nearly as aggressive as the first half.

Mitch still has time to grow, but we NEED to see improvement for these types of things as this season moves along.

All that. And lack of leadership from the coach and QB. I believe the team looked at those 2 and saw emptiness
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#200 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:45 am

I'll give Trubisky time. 2nd year QB in a new offense that overhauled its weapons.

Return to Chicago Bears