Image Image Image Image

Week 1 - Bears vs Packers: Go Mack Go!

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Week 1 - Bears vs Packers: Go Mack Go! 

Post#221 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:20 am

It's not about the loss in general, it's about how they lost. This is just a repeat of what usually happens. Not just against the Packers either.

Remember week one against the Falcons last year?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#222 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:29 am

RedBulls23 wrote:It's not about the loss in general, it's about how they lost. This is just a repeat of what usually happens. Not just against the Packers either.

Remember week one against the Falcons last year?

Yeah however, (where I do feel we drafted the wrong QB) this came down to near misses and McCarthys desperate move to save his job by putting a limpin Rodgers back in.. in a week 1 game. Jeopardizing their whole season. Bears had several chances to put this game away and it came down to missed fumble, INTs and jitters from a 2nd yr QB who had 13 games exp in college. If this was Watson or Mahomes that was game set match but Mitch will get better. You guys kno I'm one of the most pessimistic fans who post here. Theres no way that could i see the upside more than you guys.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#223 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:50 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

This is definitely a big bright spot. Will be interesting to see how they do next week with a full work load.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#224 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:55 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:I'm pretty pumped too.

Prediction. Bears win.

28-24 on late 4th Q TD drive and pass from Mitch.

Man....... my pre-game prediction was soooooooo close to playing out. Insane.

If only....
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#225 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:26 am

Susan wrote:They need to rely more on Cohen/Howard. They're really dynamic running the ball and help loosen things up for Mitch.

Yeah, it was bizarre because we mixed things up more in the 1st half with play calling.

Some observations.

We became less aggressive and much more predictable later in the game (most of the 3rd and early 4th Q). Every 1st down, the Packers defense knew we were running the ball and who was getting it and where they were going. lol.

The above was true... until, it got a little later and we "had" to throw the ball every down and even then we couldn't have been more predictable with loading up the strong side and isolating one receiver. It was terrible.

There was a point late in the game that it was so obvious Nagy needed to call a TO and calm Mitchell down and get a plan that he could work with. Think 1st downs and know the situation.

Bears defense never got a chance to rest in the 2nd half. They were on the field for a stretch of about a quarter and a half where they hardly were off the field when the Pack went uptempo.

Nagy brought the team in very prepared and the team executed the plan to perfection.

I still believe in Mitchell. When he's calm and poised, he's on the money. The team being out of condition really hurt their rhythm. Mitch started overthrowing the ball... then overcompensating.

This is going to be a fun year and fun team to watch. I think they are going to bounce back strong and get stronger as the season goes on.

Kyle Fuller is going to have a tough time sleeping. He truly had the game in his hands and let it slip away. THAT is why he's a def back and not a receiver. lol. How many times have we seen that in his short career?

Going to be really interesting to see how this young team bounces back next Monday night at home vs. Seattle.. again on national TV.

Khalil Mack is really really really good. Can't wait until he's in real game shape and knows his teammates. Wow.

^^ What Eric Lambert said.

and, yeah, Aaron Rodgers is great. All time great and we saw why once again.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#226 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:13 am

I feel pretty confident in thinking Mack will win DPOY this year. He'll be one of the top 2-3 guys mentioned that's for sure.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,288

Post#227 » by dumbell78 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:25 am

Nagy already wearing on me and it's just game 1. That 2nd half play calling was dreadful. Mitchell needs some serious work, missed some gimmies that we needed. I wasn't expecting a win but boy did they blow this one. True to Bear form.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
patryk7754
Head Coach
And1: 1,093

Post#228 » by patryk7754 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:50 pm

We lost because the Packers made adjustments and the bears didn't. That's not surprising considering you have a coach making his debut last night. I expect Nagy to learn from that and improve as the season goes on.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#229 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:07 pm

patryk7754 wrote:We lost because the Packers made adjustments and the bears didn't. That's not surprising considering you have a coach making his debut last night. I expect Nagy to learn from that and improve as the season goes on.

Vic also didn't make any adjustments.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#230 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:32 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:We lost because the Packers made adjustments and the bears didn't. That's not surprising considering you have a coach making his debut last night. I expect Nagy to learn from that and improve as the season goes on.

Key points right here
Axxo
Analyst

Post#231 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Did anyone see Kevin White this game?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#232 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:42 pm

When Packers changed their offensive game plan, Vic should have sent blitzes with the DBs. Gimpy ass Rodgers would not have been able to get away.

Then as they got more into the 2nd half conditioning became a factor for the dline in particular for Mack.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#233 » by transplant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Couldn't do a post mortem last night...too aggravated.

As the second half progressed, the sense of dread grew by the minute. We've seen this movie so many times and know that it doesn't end well. This said, it seemed to me that this time was more supernatural with Rodgers' Lazarus act and crueler with the multiple times the game was in our hands, but we just couldn't put it away.

Offensively, I got very tired of all the horizontal WR screens. I figured they were setting up something big, but if that was the plan, I missed the payoff. More Howard, more Robinson and generally more vertical please.

Defensively, we got an exciting look at a front 7 that's going to be special. Unfortunately, GB managed to effectively block up that front 7 when the game was on the line and our CBs got exposed.

I've heard a lot of upbeat postgame takes this morning. I ain't there yet.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,949

Post#234 » by Chi town » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:12 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:

Yep. Exactly. We didn’t adjust to their adjustments.

The big plays for GB were awful.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#235 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:14 pm

This offense has lots of motion and misdirection but the result is still the same a dump off or a wr screen .

The packers were in nickel and dime most of the time so Nagy is gonna have to make some adjustments that involve running out of that . We really missed Shaheen in this matchup and he really needs to understand than when dealing with so many D-backs just give the ball to Howard .

Nagy actually said we needed more preseason reps ........ :crazy:

Leonard Floyd was MIA

If you are going to keep tossing balls out to the sideline via screens and dump offs then you better establish that you can and will go down the field because the packers dbacks were checking for those plays every time and you've got to be willing to send White,Miller,
and especially Robinson on some fly patterns and allow them to make a play for the ball.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#236 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Chi town wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

Yep. Exactly. We didn’t adjust to their adjustments.

The big plays for GB were awful.

Hard to make adjustments mid game when you haven't given them a ton of live game reps to begin with.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#237 » by dice » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Axxo wrote:Packers are the ones with everything to lose in my mind. Rodgers is injured and they play Minn next weekend. No one picked us to win this game. Packers dont want to see us again.

rodgers had a poor first half AND got injured. if there was a time to get scared it was then. yet he came out and carved up the bears like thanksgiving turkey in the 2nd half...while hobbled

or is it the packers defense that is scared of trubisky?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#238 » by dice » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:41 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I feel pretty confident in thinking Mack will win DPOY this year. He'll be one of the top 2-3 guys mentioned that's for sure.

typically the DPOY is on a winning team. and mack only had 3 tackles last night. the INT and fumble were gifts
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#239 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:42 pm

We can also post Rodgers numbers and record against the Bears. He isn't worried about the Bears and he won't be until they actually go out there and beat him consistently.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#240 » by Susan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:51 pm

dice wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:I feel pretty confident in thinking Mack will win DPOY this year. He'll be one of the top 2-3 guys mentioned that's for sure.

typically the DPOY is on a winning team. and mack only had 3 tackles last night. the INT and fumble were gifts

He literally took the ball out of Kizer's hands. Quite the gift!

Return to Chicago Bears