Image Image Image Image

Week 2 - Bears vs Seahawks

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: Week 2 - Bears vs Seahawks 

Post#61 » by Axxo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Chi town wrote:Our D will get better as Mack gets his wind and the system down, Floyd heals up, and Roquan gets comfortable. Our D will win us games and keep us in every game this season.

Money Mitch is going to take a while. I'm looking for a jump after the bye week. Nagy needs to run Howard more and then move Mitch around with bootlegs etc. I'd also like to see something thrown down the field. Please. Stretch the field with White or Gabriel. Burton needs more touches too... he should be featured not just a check down. I like the way Gabriel was used and Robinson too.

I thought they were creative with how they involved Miller. I could definitely see receivers eventually getting frustrated if they don't get touches repeatedly b/c Mitch doesn't go through his reads. So it was interesting how Nagy got Miller into the play and the Seahawks were caught off guard.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#62 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:17 pm

Axxo wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Theres a lot of positives to take from this game. Trubisky at times looks out of his league.
The narrative from the ‘experts’ is that trubisky now is just a mobile qb and gamer, not to rely on his accuracy but there was a point mitch was a pure qb prospect. He looks like a faster rex grossman even though i said jay cutler in the bulls forum.

Theres a feeling i have that mitchs scattered play was a reason nagy held him out of preseason. Possibly a factor in irchestrating the Mack Trade.

Now that the bears have an identity, the bears have less reliance on mitch to sustain future success. Hopefully things slow down for mitch, because if it doesnt the Bears should just move on, and cant be handcuffed by his price tag

If this happens should Pace be fired then since he gave up the picks to trade up?

Honestly, that situation in a vaccuum, id say no. Take some blame sure, but just gauging that singular circumstance, no.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#63 » by transplant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 pm

Axxo wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Theres a lot of positives to take from this game. Trubisky at times looks out of his league.
The narrative from the ‘experts’ is that trubisky now is just a mobile qb and gamer, not to rely on his accuracy but there was a point mitch was a pure qb prospect. He looks like a faster rex grossman even though i said jay cutler in the bulls forum.

Theres a feeling i have that mitchs scattered play was a reason nagy held him out of preseason. Possibly a factor in irchestrating the Mack Trade.

Now that the bears have an identity, the bears have less reliance on mitch to sustain future success. Hopefully things slow down for mitch, because if it doesnt the Bears should just move on, and cant be handcuffed by his price tag

If this happens should Pace be fired then since he gave up the picks to trade up?

What you see now figures to be as bad as Mitch will ever look...he's at his floor. Pace will be judged by Trubisky's ceiling and this assessment won't be made for at least another 2-3 years.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#64 » by Susan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 am

THIS IS HIS SECOND GAME IN THIS SYSTEM.

He went 12/14 in the 2nd half. They played good football, he won the game. He made a step forward IMO. He didn't let the adversity overcome him and made some plays in the second half to help the team win the game.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#65 » by Bulls69 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:24 am

Please pump your brakes on Mitch I remember Big Ben looked like pure trash his first season Aaron Rodgers sucked his first extended playing time so relax Mitch is going to be ok.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Susan
RealGM

Post#66 » by Susan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:27 pm

Read on Twitter
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#67 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Trevathan won defensive player of the week honors.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#68 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Bulls69 wrote:Please pump your brakes on Mitch I remember Big Ben looked like pure trash his first season Aaron Rodgers sucked his first extended playing time so relax Mitch is going to be ok.

Sorry but your memory fails you Big Ben was 17 tds and 11 picks through his first 13 games and Rodgers didnt play until his 4th season .

I wish people would stop making excuses for Mitch and stop trying to compare him to all these elite qbs simply because his numbers dont trend that way . I believable he will get better but the criticism right now is warranted and for Pace to sell us on how accurate he was and then have him often times be anything but is pretty unsettling.

I dont expect Mahomes or even a Watson like start as we know that it evens out but Mitch has yet to really flash in the way either of those other young qbs have even for a game . He had his first multi td passing game after 13 starts . Goff did that in his 3rd start while Wentz did it in his first start .

You take your lumps with all young qbs we just seem to be taking more lumps than the norm the last few years with young qbs .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#69 » by Chi town » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:24 pm

I think Mitch will be fine. I could see him having a big game against a poor Cards D this week.

Nagy needs to get Howard going and it will help Mitch. We need to take some deep throws this week too. Stretch the field. It will open everything up.
Susan
RealGM

Post#70 » by Susan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Read on Twitter
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#71 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Greta thing to remember about Mack and Quan is that neither of those guys are in full game shape yet. This defense is still going to get better.
Susan
RealGM

Post#72 » by Susan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:10 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Greta thing to remember about Mack and Quan is that neither of those guys are in full game shape yet. This defense is still going to get better.

Lynch and Floyd too...

Once Floyd gets his cast off he's going to be a bit better. Having Lynch/Floyd/Mack at OLB and Danny/Roquan/Kwit at MLB really helps with rotating players in and out and keeping them fresh.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#73 » by Axxo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:26 am

Chi town wrote:I think Mitch will be fine. I could see him having a big game against a poor Cards D this week.

Nagy needs to get Howard going and it will help Mitch. We need to take some deep throws this week too. Stretch the field. It will open everything up.

When Nagy runs 3 WRs Howard gets more yardage than when he runs multiple TE's.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#74 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:41 am

transplant wrote:
Axxo wrote:

What you see now figures to be as bad as Mitch will ever look...he's at his floor. Pace will be judged by Trubisky's ceiling and this assessment won't be made for at least another 2-3 years.

If Pace is able to build a consistent playoff team even if mitch doesn't live up to those expectations, Pace will be fine.

If in 2-3 years the Bears as a team are still floundering around, then I think he's gone regardless of what Mitch looks like.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#75 » by Chi town » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:29 pm

After two games Money Mitch is where I thought he'd be. I think he will be 2 steps fwd 1 step back for awhile and that will be good enough to proabably get us to 6-4. Last 6 games is where he is going to need to be good. We need to finish 4-2 to get us to the playoffs at 10-6.

I think Money Mitch will have his best game against a poor D this Sunday. Expect Howard to run right through them.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#76 » by Bulls69 » Mon Oct 8, 2018 2:18 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Bulls69 wrote:Please pump your brakes on Mitch I remember Big Ben looked like pure trash his first season Aaron Rodgers sucked his first extended playing time so relax Mitch is going to be ok.

Sorry but your memory fails you Big Ben was 17 tds and 11 picks through his first 13 games and Rodgers didnt play until his 4th season .

I wish people would stop making excuses for Mitch and stop trying to compare him to all these elite qbs simply because his numbers dont trend that way . I believable he will get better but the criticism right now is warranted and for Pace to sell us on how accurate he was and then have him often times be anything but is pretty unsettling.

I dont expect Mahomes or even a Watson like start as we know that it evens out but Mitch has yet to really flash in the way either of those other young qbs have even for a game . He had his first multi td passing game after 13 starts . Goff did that in his 3rd start while Wentz did it in his first start .

You take your lumps with all young qbs we just seem to be taking more lumps than the norm the last few years with young qbs .

Big Ben was a rookie QB who had a good veteran team Pete's say the Steelers were 15-1 his rookie year and yes Aaron sat for 4 years behind Brett. I'm saying Mitch is going to be a Hall of Famer but don't give up on the kid either.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#77 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 8, 2018 9:28 pm

Seahawks looked alot tougher yesterday than when we played them. Could be based on match ups, but I came away thinking we should have given the Bears more credit for that win.

Return to Chicago Bears