Image Image Image Image

Around the NFL

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Around the NFL 

Post#1 » by Susan » Sun Oct 7, 2018 5:42 pm

Let's go Lions + Eagles today! A full game lead over the Pack + 2 games on the Vikings would be ideal.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: Around the NFL 

Post#2 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 7, 2018 10:47 pm

Yep...Lions come through. Eagles working on the Vikes, Fins look beatable...!
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#3 » by Susan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:12 am

Poor Rosen. So glad we found an offensive coach to develop Mitch because there's no point in drafting a QB early if you're not going to actually develop him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#4 » by Axxo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:32 pm

Susan wrote:Poor Rosen. So glad we found an offensive coach to develop Mitch because there's no point in drafting a QB early if you're not going to actually develop him.

They must have read your post b/c Cards just fired McCoy
Axxo
Analyst

Post#5 » by Axxo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:59 pm

Bears should trade Floyd before the deadline. Get a pick back and let one of this young guys have a chance.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#6 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:29 pm

Rams looking alittle vulnerable
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#7 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Demaryious Thomas to the Texans and Golden Tate to the Eagles :o
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#8 » by Axxo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Fowler to Rams....
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#9 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:57 am

Axxo wrote:Bears should trade Floyd before the deadline. Get a pick back and let one of this young guys have a chance.

I was thinking that. Lynch and/or Bilal Nichols could step in and give the team more than Floyd has.

Looking back at that draft, Pace would have been better off trading down from 11 and getting more later round picks. Oh well.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst

Post#10 » by Axxo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:34 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Bears should trade Floyd before the deadline. Get a pick back and let one of this young guys have a chance.

I was thinking that. Lynch and/or Bilal Nichols could step in and give the team more than Floyd has.

Looking back at that draft, Pace would have been better off trading down from 11 and getting more later round picks. Oh well.

Doesn't it seem like the draft picks are starting out hot and then fizzle out? Examples Langford, Floyd and Amos? and now mabe Howard.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#11 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 pm

Axxo wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

Doesn't it seem like the draft picks are starting out hot and then fizzle out? Examples Langford, Floyd and Amos? and now mabe Howard.

Amos has been solid throughout. Howard is still good, but underutilized. In general Doesn't fit Nagy's offense.

Floyd is the only one that hasn't improved or isn't close to living up to expectations. There's also White.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#12 » by Axxo » Thu Nov 1, 2018 1:50 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:I was thinking that. Lynch and/or Bilal Nichols could step in and give the team more than Floyd has.

Amos has been solid throughout. Howard is still good, but underutilized. In general Doesn't fit Nagy's offense.

Floyd is the only one that hasn't improved or isn't close to living up to expectations. There's also White.

Well don't forget, Amos was the main culprit missing tackles in the Mia game. Also i forgot to mention Bullard.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#13 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 1:55 am

Axxo wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Well don't forget, Amos was the main culprit missing tackles in the Mia game. Also i forgot to mention Bullard.

Yea, but that doesn't mean he's fizzling out.

Was Bullard ever good? I don't think he ever had a good season.

Pace has done a good job drafting overall in later rounds, and whiffed on his 1st two 1st round picks. His last 2 firsts look promising.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#14 » by Axxo » Thu Nov 1, 2018 2:09 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Amos has been solid throughout. Howard is still good, but underutilized. In general Doesn't fit Nagy's offense.

Pace has done a good job drafting overall in later rounds, and whiffed on his 1st two 1st round picks. His last 2 firsts look promising.

Well Bullard was better before and more visible. Now he is getting beat out.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#15 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 2:44 pm

Axxo wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Well don't forget, Amos was the main culprit missing tackles in the Mia game. Also i forgot to mention Bullard.

Well Bullard was better before and more visible. Now he is getting beat out.

Fair enough. I'm sure you can find a player or two in every GMs draft record that whiffs out. Don't think this means much.

And so far Pace's first round drafts are looking like league average success wise where 50% of 1st rounds end up not doing much. Certainly Mitch is starting to look much better now then even just a month ago. Roquan has been good. We'll see where they are in a year or 2.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#16 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 2, 2018 6:42 pm

Crazy how Shanahan was able get that level of production out of Mullins. kinda makes you wonder what he would have accomplished with Mitch.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#17 » by Axxo » Sat Nov 3, 2018 10:17 pm

Raiders cut Bruce Irving. Moght be a nice pick up for edge rush depth while Mack is out and for the loss of Acho
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#18 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Nov 4, 2018 2:05 am

We need to pick him up! But he'll proba my be claimed by someone in waivers before we get a chance
Axxo
Analyst

Post#19 » by Axxo » Sun Nov 4, 2018 5:19 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:We need to pick him up! But he'll proba my be claimed by someone in waivers before we get a chance

He is owed the balance of his contract.. 8M. Wonder why we couldnt just have swapped K.White for Irvin. White is a healthy scratch today. It was reported he quits on plays.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#20 » by Axxo » Wed Nov 7, 2018 3:53 pm

Falcons signed DE Bruce Irvin. At least now that will make them harder for the Packers to beat. Good for our chances to win Div.

Return to Chicago Bears