chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Re: Week 6 - Bears @ Dolphins 

Post#81 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Axxo wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
Axxo wrote:I actually don't fault him for that play. Howard had been doing well at that pt. We killed Nagy in the Packers game for not sticking with the run. Cant have it both ways

The problem is you should not be playing for the FG . We should be playing to move the chains and scores tds and then settle for the kick . After Howard's two runs we immediately started playing for the kick and it dooms you every time .

Ok but did the oline look like they could protect the OB in order to give him enough time?

How much time is needed for a 4 yard play ? You are on the road and if you lose you at least have to do it playing and pushing your style of play . Any game plan that starts with you playing to get Parker a career best fg attempt is doomed to fail . He doesn't have a Prater type of leg.

On a 3rd and 4 I probably call a RPO and put the ball in Mitchs hands at that point and legitimately tried to get it
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#82 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Axxo wrote:
The problem is you should not be playing for the FG . We should be playing to move the chains and scores tds and then settle for the kick . After Howard's two runs we immediately started playing for the kick and it dooms you every time .

Ok but did the oline look like they could protect the OB in order to give him enough time?

How much time is needed for a 4 yard play ? You are on the road and if you lose you at least have to do it playing and pushing your style of play . Any game plan that starts with you playing to get Parker a career best fg attempt is doomed to fail . He doesn't have a Prater type of leg.

On a 3rd and 4 I probably call a RPO and put the ball in Mitchs hands at that point and legitimately tried to get it

Idk MIA kicked their FG on 3rd down. With 5 yrds less. I think Nagy would have been killed for his call eihter way.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,410

Post#83 » by fleet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#84 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:26 pm

Would have been better to have tbe bye before the NE game. No one would have expected us to win that one anyway.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 415

Post#85 » by Bulls69 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:04 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:You cant coach scared ....

To be honest I'm more worried about Nagy than Mitch second time game on the line and he looks afraid to make a ballsy call.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,018

Post#86 » by Chi town » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Bulls69 wrote:

To be honest I'm more worried about Nagy than Mitch second time game on the line and he looks afraid to make a ballsy call.

Me too. Overall Nagy is getting better though. Mitch has guys open all over the field now and he’s tartibg to hit them. Still don’t know how he can’t get Howard going and dominating the line. Nagy still gets too cute.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#87 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Chi town wrote:
Bulls69 wrote:

Me too. Overall Nagy is getting better though. Mitch has guys open all over the field now and he’s tartibg to hit them. Still don’t know how he can’t get Howard going and dominating the line. Nagy still gets too cute.

I agree and see where Nagy tried the conservative approach twice and was now burned twice in the 4th qtr. A pass to Cohen might have been better to get some extra yardage and/or just had Mitch run to keep the defense guessing if nothing more than to chew up clock so that the fins had not time if he missed the FG Att.

Fangio deserves some fault in this too. His guys look undisciplined.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,018

Post#88 » by Chi town » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Axxo wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Bulls69 wrote:

I agree and see where Nagy tried the conservative approach twice and was now burned twice in the 4th qtr. A pass to Cohen might have been better to get some extra yardage and/or just had Mitch run to keep the defense guessing if nothing more than to chew up clock so that the fins had not time if he missed the FG Att.

Fangio deserves some fault in this too. His guys look undisciplined.

I agree. Defense wasn't ready for that heat.. and Mack got hurt. I thought they overpursued on those screens instead of staying in their spots etc.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#89 » by Axxo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Here is something that might brighten spirits around here

Return to Chicago Bears