Week 6 - Bears @ Dolphins

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Re: Week 6 - Bears @ Dolphins 

Post#61 » by CBS7 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Meh. Still tied for division lead. Bad game by the defense. Trubisky looked ok to good. Hoping defense can recover big time - we aren't going anywhere if they play like this.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#62 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Howard and his freakin fumble
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,390

Post#63 » by fleet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 pm

While the Bears deserved the loss, they were just a few mistakes away from winning. Trubisky Howard and Nagy all had key errors in big moments.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#64 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Nagy going conservative on that last drive when they had been doing well getting down the field is maddening.

When will the Bears get a coach that doesn't automatically go conservative on offense?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#65 » by CBS7 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Axxo wrote:Howard and his freakin fumble

Floyd's 2 personal fouls
Burton's OPI (ticky tack call by the refs)
Cohen's fumble
Mitch's pick
Parky's FG miss
Nagy's decision to settle for a 50+ yard FG with an average kicker

Not to mention defense's missed tackles, inability to get pressure, mediocre effort at times. What was up with that? How did we go to looking like a top 3 defense to bottom 3?
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#66 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Just too many turnovers. The worst was probably the interception in the end zone after trey Burton was called for the illegal contact on Cohen's td. It was a weak call but it was also a 15 point swing.

Plus our D was very pedestrian.

But at least we saw that the offense has a lot of firepower and we didn't just take advantage of a terrible buccaneers defense.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#67 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:43 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Nagy going conservative on that last drive when they had been doing well getting down the field is maddening.

When will the Bears get a coach that doesn't automatically go conservative on offense?

I actually don't fault him for that play. Howard had been doing well at that pt. We killed Nagy in the Packers game for not sticking with the run. Cant have it both ways
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#68 » by fleet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Get well soon Mack
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#69 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:45 pm

CBS7 wrote:Meh. Still tied for division lead. Bad game by the defense. Trubisky looked ok to good. Hoping defense can recover big time - we aren't going anywhere if they play like this.

Nah...we needed tbat game. Cant afford to throw away two games in this div. Packers = 1st game, MIA =2nd. Packers will win on Mon.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#70 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:46 pm

fleet wrote:Get well soon Mack

He was obviously playing hurt all day. He couldn't move. No explosion, no jump, no energy.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#71 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Axxo wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Nagy going conservative on that last drive when they had been doing well getting down the field is maddening.

I actually don't fault him for that play. Howard had been doing well at that pt. We killed Nagy in the Packers game for not sticking with the run. Cant have it both ways

They should have attempted one throw. Short one to get the first. Don't need anything too fancy. Not saying don't run the ball at all.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#72 » by fleet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Probably when the Bears coach has confidence in his QB
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#73 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:48 pm

Axxo wrote:
CBS7 wrote:Meh. Still tied for division lead. Bad game by the defense. Trubisky looked ok to good. Hoping defense can recover big time - we aren't going anywhere if they play like this.

Nah...we needed tbat game. Cant afford to throw away two games in this div. Packers = 1st game, MIA =2nd. Packers will win on Mon.

Agree. We already threw one away to the Packers. Now this. Crazy to think how easily this could be a 5-0 team. SHOULD be.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#74 » by fleet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Agree. We already threw one away to the Packers. Now this. Crazy to think how easily this could be a 5-0 team. SHOULD be.

That is why I'm pretty unforgiving and don't look past the imperfections like it's all gonna be fine. Margin for error is too small for that attitude.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#75 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:

They should have attempted one throw. Short one to get the first. Don't need anything too fancy. Not saying don't run the ball at all.

Something to the middle and sit. I hear you. Agreed, tho the way Parkey kicked he would have stil missed even a 47 yarder too.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#76 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Now i have to hear this crap from my packer fan friend.... :nonono:
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#77 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Axxo wrote:

The problem is you should not be playing for the FG . We should be playing to move the chains and scores tds and then settle for the kick . After Howard's two runs we immediately started playing for the kick and it dooms you every time .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#78 » by transplant » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Great team loss.

Bears had an 11-point lead late. Couldn't hold it. With Osweiller at QB, I didn't think that was possible. I told my pals that the first team to 24 would win. I was wrong and I was wrong because I had too much confidence in the Bears D.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Axxo
Analyst

Post#79 » by Axxo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:27 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Axxo wrote:

The problem is you should not be playing for the FG . We should be playing to move the chains and scores tds and then settle for the kick . After Howard's two runs we immediately started playing for the kick and it dooms you every time .

Ok but did the oline look like they could protect the OB in order to give him enough time?
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#80 » by fleet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
fleet wrote:Get well soon Mack

He was obviously playing hurt all day. He couldn't move. No explosion, no jump, no energy.

coincidence that the first game the Bears have no sacks and mediocre pressure, and the Bears defense looks beatable, Mack is hurt? Every time I hear comments from people that try to overrate the rest of the defense aside from Mack, I shake my damn head. Brock Osweiler, folks.

Return to Chicago Bears