Image Image Image Image

Bears at Giants postgame

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Bears at Giants postgame 

Post#1 » by Axxo » Sun Dec 2, 2018 10:30 pm

Didnt see a thread so thought I would start one. Guess I'll be the first to say I'm going to be really happy to see Mitch next week.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: Bears at Giants postgame 

Post#2 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:05 am

Frustrating loss.
It looks like the Bears cant stop the run when mack plays the left side.
This feels like a game where the Bears beat themselves.

Mitch is a nice silver lining, but this loss exaberates some of the weaknesses i think this team has.
The defense has been opportunistic , but against average to bad teams. Struggling to contain a matt stafford lions or eli manning isnt exactly a huge confidence booster.

Thats for starters. Im not a complainer but this loss left a bad taste in my mouth.
Also im an optimistic bears fan and while this was a meaningless loss, everything isnt sunny skies and rainbows.

Last week daniels had a good game and the bears almost lost. Meaning there are weaknesses on the team that nobody seems to notice.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#3 » by Axxo » Mon Dec 3, 2018 1:04 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Frustrating loss.

Mitch is a nice silver lining, but this loss exaberates some of the weaknesses i think this team has.
The defense has been opportunistic , but against average to bad teams. Struggling to contain a matt stafford lions or eli manning isnt exactly a huge confidence booster.

Thats for starters. Im not a complainer but this loss left a bad taste in my mouth.
Also im an optimistic bears fan and while this was a meaningless loss, everything isnt sunny skies and rainbows.

Last week daniels had a good game and the bears almost lost. Meaning there are weaknesses on the team that nobody seems to notice.

You highlight some great points. I did notice those issues, i do think the issues with stopping the run is due largely in part to the loss of Acho. For this game some it was just Barkley being a beast. Bears made enough plays to win. Just couldn't overcome points given up off the TO's. And i agree it would be much worse if it had been Mitch in there and this happened. I don't think this game is meaningless tho. Packers gave up but the Vikings could still catch us.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#4 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:16 pm

Axxo wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Frustrating loss.

You highlight some great points. I did notice those issues, i do think the issues with stopping the run is due largely in part to the loss of Acho. For this game some it was just Barkley being a beast. Bears made enough plays to win. Just couldn't overcome points given up off the TO's. And i agree it would be much worse if it had been Mitch in there and this happened. I don't think this game is meaningless tho. Packers gave up but the Vikings could still catch us.

Tbh i give the realgm crowd the benefit of the doubt of having a better real world perspective than even local media.

Yes Barkley showed he is 1 of the better backs in the league. There was a little bit of Beckham jr but Barkley was the main catalyst in taking over the game.

Defensively the bears have to blitz to get pressure now. Not something you want to say when you have Mack but he is busy stopping the run.

Return to Chicago Bears