Kareem Hunt?

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,338

Kareem Hunt? 

Post#1 » by fleet » Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:29 pm

:devil: :football: :confused: :dontknow: :eyebrows: :gossip: :uhoh: :pityfool: :eyebrows: :dontknow: :wavefinger: :ouch: :spam:

Kareem AJ Hunt (born August 6, 1995) is an American football running back, who is currently a free agent. He formerly played for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Toledo and was drafted by the Chiefs in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. As a rookie in 2017, he led the NFL in rushing yards and was selected to the Pro Bowl. In November 2018, after video of a violent incident involving Hunt was released, he was placed on the commissioner's exempt list and released by the Chiefs
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: Kareem Hunt? 

Post#2 » by Axxo » Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:52 pm

fleet wrote::devil: :football: :confused: :dontknow: :eyebrows: :gossip: :uhoh: :pityfool: :eyebrows: :dontknow: :wavefinger: :ouch: :spam:

Kareem AJ Hunt (born August 6, 1995) is an American football running back, who is currently a free agent. He formerly played for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Toledo and was drafted by the Chiefs in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. As a rookie in 2017, he led the NFL in rushing yards and was selected to the Pro Bowl. In November 2018, after video of a violent incident involving Hunt was released, he was placed on the commissioner's exempt list and released by the Chiefs

He is facing a lengthy suspension on top of the commissioners exempt list. Any team that picks him up still has to pay him during the time he is on the exempt list. I believe the suspension is unpaid though.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#3 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:47 pm

Axxo wrote:
fleet wrote::devil: :football: :confused: :dontknow: :eyebrows: :gossip: :uhoh: :pityfool: :eyebrows: :dontknow: :wavefinger: :ouch: :spam:

He is facing a lengthy suspension on top of the commissioners exempt list. Any team that picks him up still has to pay him during the time he is on the exempt list. I believe the suspension is unpaid though.

Hard pass. Bears have Jordan Howard and he isnt getting touches.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#4 » by Axxo » Mon Dec 3, 2018 8:46 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Is it b/c Howard doesn't fit the offense or just poorly schemed?
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#5 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Dec 3, 2018 9:04 pm

Axxo wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
Axxo wrote:He is facing a lengthy suspension on top of the commissioners exempt list. Any team that picks him up still has to pay him during the time he is on the exempt list. I believe the suspension is unpaid though.

If i had to choose, poorly schemed. Not sure how mizzel got touches yesterday is an example.
Usually Nagy’s offensive is productive enough where you can turn a blind eye.

The Bears are a pass heavy offense so maybe it dimishes his rushing value some, but like i said, mizzel is a 3rd string RB so idk why he is getting carries.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#6 » by Axxo » Mon Dec 3, 2018 9:34 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
Axxo wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

If i had to choose, poorly schemed. Not sure how mizzel got touches yesterday is an example.

The Bears are a pass heavy offense so maybe it dimishes his rushing value some, but like i said, mizzel is a 3rd string RB so idk why he is getting carries.

Must be the type of Back then. Think Nagy relies on hybrid backs or pass catching backs. So basically we need a "Kareem" type back or alternatively a better overall oline to help Howard out.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#7 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Dec 3, 2018 9:57 pm

Axxo wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
Axxo wrote:Is it b/c Howard doesn't fit the offense or just poorly schemed?

Must be the type of Back then. Think Nagy relies on hybrid backs or pass catching backs. So basically we need a "Kareem" type back or alternatively a better overall oline to help Howard out.

Kareem hunts archetype would fit the bears better.
Sure.
Yesterday Howard had a fair amount of carries. Generally he does not.He is a pro bowl caliber rb so 10-15 carries should be the norm not an outlier.
Its not poor scheming, but the bears have as much rb talent as you would like.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#8 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:12 pm

Hard pass on Hunt. He needs to get his ish together, actually show that he's improved on his issues and then people should talk about giving him another chance.

I honestly think he needs to be suspended for all of next season.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#9 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Dec 5, 2018 6:48 am

Id take Hunt hes 23 and wont be 24 until next August . Id take him even if he had to sit out the year get counselling and work through some of his issues hes simply that good .

With that said there is nothing wrong with Howard that Nagy couldnt fix if he wanted too.

We are shotgun heavy and its killed our running game . Nagy should be trying to emulate the Rams and Saints who despite have big time passers still commit to playing under center to establish the run game more . Now I know why we didnt do it with Mitch but it makes no sense not to try with with Chase
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,713

Post#10 » by NZB2323 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:40 pm

Maybe it’s because I have 2 daughters, but if the Bears picked up Kareem Hunt and he was playing for us this year, I’d root for the Packers against the Bears.

Some things are more important than football.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#11 » by transplant » Sun Dec 9, 2018 7:11 pm

Obviously, Hunt has proven to be an ideal RB for the KC/Bears offense. Hunt is a FA and will likely remain so until the league decides on the length of his suspension.

I expect that lots of teams are salivating at the thought of adding Hunt to their rosters, but none can say that right now without triggering a serious ****storm.

Hunt was cut by the Chiefs in the 2nd year of his 4-year rookie deal. He was making less than $1mil/yr. His unacceptable behavior has made him a FA. Once he's done his NFL penance, it's likely that several teams will be throwing serious money at him (I doubt Virginia McCaskey would be happy if the Bears were one of them). There's a very good chance that Hunt being a very bad guy will end up making him a very rich guy well ahead of schedule. As the kids might say, "the optics of this are gonna suck."
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#12 » by Am2626 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:56 am

NZB2323 wrote:Maybe it’s because I have 2 daughters, but if the Bears picked up Kareem Hunt and he was playing for us this year, I’d root for the Packers against the Bears.

Not to downplay what Kareem Hunt did because it was horrible. However the alleged victim is no saint here. She went out and drank underage. Then after being told to leave, she continued to make a drunken disturbance and kept banging on the door to the room that he was staying in. When he came out, she verbally and then physically attacked him first. I believe she also made a racial slur. After that he retaliated. I’m a firm believer that Kareem Hunt should be punished for what he did. However we live in a society where women are not held to those same standards for their wrong doings. When Hope Solo had her domestic assault charge it didn’t seem like a big deal to anyone. She got to play in the Olympics and wasn’t suspended. It’s not right for anyone to use physical violence. That includes both men and women.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#13 » by Axxo » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:30 pm

Am2626 wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:Maybe it’s because I have 2 daughters, but if the Bears picked up Kareem Hunt and he was playing for us this year, I’d root for the Packers against the Bears.

Not to downplay what Kareem Hunt did because it was horrible. However the alleged victim is no saint here. She went out and drank underage. Then after being told to leave, she continued to make a drunken disturbance and kept banging on the door to the room that he was staying in. When he came out, she verbally and then physically attacked him first. I believe she also made a racial slur. After that he retaliated. I’m a firm believer that Kareem Hunt should be punished for what he did. However we live in a society where women are not held to those same standards for their wrong doings. When Hope Solo had her domestic assault charge it didn’t seem like a big deal to anyone. She got to play in the Olympics and wasn’t suspended. It’s not right for anyone to use physical violence. That includes both men and women.

He should just called the hotel security and or police. Going out there to contront her was the wrong thing to do. Plus after that he lied to the Chiefs about the incident. Then he had another altercation in June where he punched a person. This shows a pattern of poor decision making and lack of restraint.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#14 » by Axxo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Where I feel there is no excuse for his behavior, I do not think that he should be given a career death sentence. He is only what....23/24 years old? He needs a chance to learn from his mistakes and do better.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#15 » by transplant » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Axxo wrote:Where I feel there is no excuse for his behavior, I do not think that he should be given a career death sentence. He is only what....23/24 years old? He needs a chance to learn from his mistakes and do better.

While it wasn't "domestic violence" (just violence), the optics were horrible. Had he pushed and kicked a guy, he'd be all good. Stupid SOB. I've heard he was provoked, but still.

Hunt makes a ton of sense for the Bears. If the Bears pursue him, the media will lose their collective minds, but I'd still do it (assuming he's done all he's supposed to rehab-wise). BTW, the media will, as usual, claim that fans think the way they do and as usual, they'll be wrong.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,338

Post#16 » by fleet » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:22 pm

he does make a ton of sense, provided he is a good teammate, and does whatever punishment he has coming to him first. Like it or not, the Bears will need to make these sorts of moves to keep their momentum, given the shortage of draft picks. I'm not sold on internal improvements yet.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#17 » by Axxo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:47 pm

I agree with you both. He should be punished and needs to demonstrate he has truly learned from his mistakes. The NFL should give him at least 8 game suspension. After all that going to a team where he knows peoole and has a support system goes a long way to keepung him out of trouble. The connection btx Hunt and the Bears is erie. Not only the head coach but Kareem grew up with Mitch.
https://www.news-herald.com/sports/nfl-draft-the-rise-of-mitch-trubisky-kareem-hunt-traces/article_7618304f-9e9f-5047-8bbc-8b45ebf780c0.html
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Axxo wrote:I agree with you both. He should be punished and needs to demonstrate he has truly learned from his mistakes. The NFL should give him at least 8 game suspension. After all that going to a team where he knows peoole and has a support system goes a long way to keepung him out of trouble. The connection btx Hunt and the Bears is erie. Not only the head coach but Kareem grew up with Mitch.
https://www.news-herald.com/sports/nfl-draft-the-rise-of-mitch-trubisky-kareem-hunt-traces/article_7618304f-9e9f-5047-8bbc-8b45ebf780c0.html

On what basis would they give him 8 games ? The reason he wasn't immediately suspended for 6 games is because there was no evidence that he actually violated the nfl code of conduct. Its why he was put on the commissioners list as they try and find some to suspend him on that wont be immediately overturned via appeal .

if anything this is a opportunity for the NFL to how how they can handle situations in which a player is dangerously close to crossing that line . This is something where counseling,mentorship and other things come into play for not just Hunt but for the league before things escalate.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#19 » by Axxo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:35 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Axxo wrote:I agree with you both. He should be punished and needs to demonstrate he has truly learned from his mistakes. The NFL should give him at least 8 game suspension. After all that going to a team where he knows peoole and has a support system goes a long way to keepung him out of trouble. The connection btx Hunt and the Bears is erie. Not only the head coach but Kareem grew up with Mitch.

On what basis would they give him 8 games ? The reason he wasn't immediately suspended for 6 games is because there was no evidence that he actually violated the nfl code of conduct. Its why he was put on the commissioners list as they try and find some to suspend him on that wont be immediately overturned via appeal .

if anything this is a opportunity for the NFL to how how they can handle situations in which a player is dangerously close to crossing that line . This is something where counseling,mentorship and other things come into play for not just Hunt but for the league before things escalate.

I think 8 games b/c he assaulted a female undeniably caught on video. Plus the other reported altercations. No excuse for it. You want to discourage future behavior from him and send a message to others that its not allowed to behave like this. He may not end up getting 8 games from the NFL but that is what I would give him even after an appeal. Then I'd give him a 2nd chance. In the long run it would help in addition to the support system i would try to make sure he has. Andy Reid os known for providing resources to players from disadvantaged homes and backgrounds where players grew up in abusive situations/ under served situations and has made a point to do this for years. Kareem has had access to programs for mentorship etc. Nagy is an extension of that.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:36 am

Axxo wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:

I think 8 games b/c he assaulted a female undeniably caught on video. Plus the other reported altercations. No excuse for it. You want to discourage future behavior from him and send a message to others that its not allowed to behave like this. He may not end up getting 8 games from the NFL but that is what I would give him even after an appeal. Then I'd give him a 2nd chance. In the long run it would help in addition to the support system i would try to make sure he has. Andy Reid os known for providing resources to players from disadvantaged homes and backgrounds where players grew up in abusive situations/ under served situations and has made a point to do this for years. Kareem has had access to programs for mentorship etc. Nagy is an extension of that.

The rules state that a felony assault is a violation and an automatic 6 game suspension according to the NFL code of conduct.He did not commit a felony or even a misdemeanor as he was not charged with anything. He came out of his apartment to ask a drunk who had been beating on his door for 30 minutes to leave . The drunk rushed him violating his personal space he pushed them back and the drunk used a racial slur which escalated the situation.

The drunk in this case refuses to cooperate with the police or the NFL in this case because they would have to admit to their own transgressions and behavior in this situation.

There is no basis for him to miss any more than the games hes already missed because these "other reported incidents " are just rumors with evidence whatsoever and you have someones employer running around playing private detective investigating rumors and now you want to use a tape in which the other party doesn't want to pursue it .

This is one of those situations that should be handled with real world treatments not simply trying to appease the public

Return to Chicago Bears