RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Rams @ Bears - 7:20 NBC 

Post#41 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:16 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:This defense could take this team all the way.

I don't see a similar outcome on the road in LA and New Orleans as far as defensive domination.

The offense has to be much better.

Definitely has to be much better. But they can win with an offense that pulls it's own weight and puts points on the board, but most importantly, they can't turn the ball over and make costly mistakes. They have shown the capability to do that. Mitchell is ranked 6th in total QBR. Bears have moved all the way up to the 6th ranked team in the NFL. They are #1 in give/takeaways differential. They are contenders. They just have to start putting it all together.

Mitch in prime time has not been good, and outside of being able to scramble, he has still struggled under pressure. His mechanics go to hell in those situations, but that is fixable in the long run by working with Nagy. Just not sure if that's fixable at this stage in the season.

We'll see how it goes, but Mitch has to play a hell of a lot better in those big game situations for the team to go all the way. If they had home field throughout, I'd feel a lot more comfortable, but not so much going into New Orleans or LA in the playoffs.

Hopefully he rises up to the challenge.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#42 » by Susan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:58 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:This defense could take this team all the way.

I don't see a similar outcome on the road in LA and New Orleans as far as defensive domination.

Definitely has to be much better. But they can win with an offense that pulls it's own weight and puts points on the board, but most importantly, they can't turn the ball over and make costly mistakes. They have shown the capability to do that. Mitchell is ranked 6th in total QBR. Bears have moved all the way up to the 6th ranked team in the NFL. They are #1 in give/takeaways differential. They are contenders. They just have to start putting it all together.

I agree with everybody that Mitch has to play better, but the offense showed the ability to run the ball at a pretty high level on Sunday.

Cohen and Howard are a potentially elite backfield. Couple that with a defense that can shut teams the **** down and we can reduce our need for Mitch a bit and slow the game down on teams.

Nagy showed me a lot on Sunday as well. That game was coached correctly and I think he has to focus on time of possession from a offensive standpoint to win games throughout the rest of the year. No need for 400 yards and 5 TDs from Mitch, give me Cohen and Howard dominating and controlling the game so our defense can be 100% fresh to dominate the other teams.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#43 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Susan wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:I don't see a similar outcome on the road in LA and New Orleans as far as defensive domination.

I agree with everybody that Mitch has to play better, but the offense showed the ability to run the ball at a pretty high level on Sunday.

Cohen and Howard are a potentially elite backfield. Couple that with a defense that can shut teams the **** down and we can reduce our need for Mitch a bit and slow the game down on teams.

Nagy showed me a lot on Sunday as well. That game was coached correctly and I think he has to focus on time of possession from a offensive standpoint to win games throughout the rest of the year. No need for 400 yards and 5 TDs from Mitch, give me Cohen and Howard dominating and controlling the game so our defense can be 100% fresh to dominate the other teams.

Agree. It's just remarkable that the Bears are as far along as they are at this point in time. What a job Pace and Nagy are doing. Impressive stuff. Whether the Bears are contenders right now or not is up for debate, but what isn't is that they are close and their arrow is pointing straight up.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Susan
RealGM

Post#44 » by Susan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:29 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Susan wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

Agree. It's just remarkable that the Bears are as far along as they are at this point in time. What a job Pace and Nagy are doing. Impressive stuff. Whether the Bears are contenders right now or not is up for debate, but what isn't is that they are close and their arrow is pointing straight up.

I love Pace's aggressiveness. He's got conviction on players and goes out and gets them. Floyd, Mitch and Mack are perfect examples of this. His approach in FA before this past offseason was to take risks on players but not risks that hamper the team long term, but this past offseason he added so many proven play makers on the offensive side of the ball (ARob, Turbo and Burton) and has the coach to correctly use those guys.

His drafting has been super as well. Cohen, Howard, Miller, Eddie Jackson, Amos, Goldman, Whitehair, Daniels and now Roquan have all been huge cogs in this season.

My only gripe is the kicker position but really, Parkey has been fine this year outside of that one game.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#45 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 pm

Susan wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
Susan wrote:

I love Pace's aggressiveness. He's got conviction on players and goes out and gets them. Floyd, Mitch and Mack are perfect examples of this. His approach in FA before this past offseason was to take risks on players but not risks that hamper the team long term, but this past offseason he added so many proven play makers on the offensive side of the ball (ARob, Turbo and Burton) and has the coach to correctly use those guys.

His drafting has been super as well. Cohen, Howard, Miller, Eddie Jackson, Amos, Goldman, Whitehair, Daniels and now Roquan have all been huge cogs in this season.

My only gripe is the kicker position but really, Parkey has been fine this year outside of that one game.

Yup, pretty amazing how most of Pace's draft picks have panned out.

Parkey does worry me when it comes to the playoffs. He could bite us in the ass when it counts most. I don't feel confident when he is getting ready to kick a FG... or even an extra point for that matter. lol
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#46 » by TheFinishSniper » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:58 pm

Finally had chance to watch a game. Damn Bears are for real :D
Susan
RealGM

Post#47 » by Susan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#48 » by Axxo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:16 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Susan wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

Yup, pretty amazing how most of Pace's draft picks have panned out.

Parkey does worry me when it comes to the playoffs. He could bite us in the ass when it counts most. I don't feel confident when he is getting ready to kick a FG... or even an extra point for that matter. lol

I get the same feeling with Parkey. Nagys facial expression said alot on that last miss by Parkey as well.

Return to Chicago Bears