Moderator: chitownsports4ever

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Week 16: Bears @ 49ers, Levi Stadium, 3:05PM, Fox TV 

Post#21 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Read on Twitter

This is encouraging! He's certainly improved as the season has gone on.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#22 » by Axxo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:44 pm

Nice!

Rodgers didn't make this list...?
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,389

Post#23 » by fleet » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:25 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Noticeable that he is holding the ball less, keeping his eyes downfield and making quicker decisions. Of course, the playbook has been simplified for him, they are giving him more defined responsibilities. My only quibble would be to see him make more decisive plays in the pocket with his arm rather than scrambling for it. And less run plays overall. You know, he and the Ravens QB are doing well with it. Very dangerous at the same time, perhaps not sustainable over a career
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#24 » by transplant » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:33 pm

fleet wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Noticeable that he is holding the ball less, keeping his eyes downfield and making quicker decisions. Of course, the playbook has been simplified for him, they are giving him more defined responsibilities. My only quibble would be to see him make more decisive plays in the pocket with his arm rather than scrambling for it. And less run plays overall. You know, he and the Ravens QB are doing well with it. Very dangerous at the same time, perhaps not sustainable over a career

Agree.

Lots of QBs relied on their legs early in their careers and less so as they aged. It's reasonable to believe that this will happen with Trubisky.

The Bears have gotten really good ahead of schedule and it's understandable if some want Trubisky's development to somehow similarly leapfrog expectations. As for me, I can see improvement and am happy with young Mitchell.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#25 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:19 am

fleet wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mitch has improved its just really hard to gauge exactly how much because of so many other factors . I don't think anyone expects Mitch to be Mahomes but going forward you have to try and get an idea of what the team especially the offense will be like without the ridiculous amount of turnovers being generated which are really not something that carries over year to year for nfl defenses.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#26 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:49 am

fleet wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah. It's very risky to rely on a running QB. You already see him taking so many hits (especially late hits, of which one ended up having him miss 2 games).

I do like his ability to run, but I'd prefer he get better with his arm as well. Russell Wilson comes to mind in that regards. I'll be absolutely thrilled if he can become as good as Wilson at his peak.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#27 » by dice » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Susan wrote:
dice wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Underwhelming game offensively, but at least they won.

I'm guessing next week's game against the Vikes gets flexed.

to night? if so and rams win, do bears sit their starters or do they prefer playing eagles in wildcard?

nagy got real lucky on that dumb 4th and 1 call, btw (unless for some reason he knew the sneak would work). third week in a row he's made the wrong decision on 4th

Thoughts on the Mack trade?

exact same as before. good value contract this season, lose picks going forward
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Chicago Bears