Image Image Image Image

How far do the Bears go?

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

How far do the Bears go?

They win the WC and advance to the NFC divisional game
9%
They win the NFC divisional game and advance to the ÑFC championship
18%
They win the NFC championship and advance to tbe SB.
9%
SB Champs BABY!!!
64%

Total votes: 11

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,937
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

How far do the Bears go? 

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Jan 3, 2019 10:03 pm

Simple poll, what's your gut feeling?
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Re: How far do the Bears go? 

Post#2 » by CBS7 » Thu Jan 3, 2019 10:16 pm

Bare minimum I want them to beat the eagles. Get Mitch over the playoff victory hump early. Come back next year as a team that didn't go one and done in the playoffs. Realistically I think that's what happens. And I wouldn't be too disappointed.

However you never know with the NFL. With this defense we are good enough to win it all. Just have to get through multiple games with some luck.

So if I had to put money on it I'd say they get knocked out by the Rams. But the fan in me thinks they're winning it all this year.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#3 » by Axxo » Thu Jan 3, 2019 10:38 pm

The Saints are the untested ground. I think Bears compete for the NFC championship. If they were at home i would pick them to win 100%. On the road I am on the fence.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#4 » by Susan » Fri Jan 4, 2019 1:26 am

They're going to win the Super Bowl. This is the best team I've ever seen in a Bears jersey. I said after week 1 this was the best defense in the NFL and people here scoffed.

Nagy has done an incredible job of getting this team to where they need to be. The defense is pretty much 100%, Howard is rolling, Mitch is rolling, Cohen is rested, the WR and TE core is going to be rested and the O-Line is playing at a super high level.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#5 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Jan 4, 2019 12:19 pm

Susan wrote:They're going to win the Super Bowl. This is the best team I've ever seen in a Bears jersey. I said after week 1 this was the best defense in the NFL and people here scoffed.

Nagy has done an incredible job of getting this team to where they need to be. The defense is pretty much 100%, Howard is rolling, Mitch is rolling, Cohen is rested, the WR and TE core is going to be rested and the O-Line is playing at a super high level.

I'm on the same wagon as you as far as expectations right now.

Seeing how dominant this defense is to me is proof enough that they should be able to win it all.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#6 » by transplant » Fri Jan 4, 2019 8:16 pm

Susan wrote:They're going to win the Super Bowl. This is the best team I've ever seen in a Bears jersey. I said after week 1 this was the best defense in the NFL and people here scoffed.

While I always suspected that I was older than you, now I'm sure of it. I was in my early-30s in '85. They were justifiably the odds on favorites to win it all when the playoffs started.

This said, this is the 2nd-best Bears team I've seen. They're better than the '63 team that won the NFL Championship (no SB yet). Like the '63 and '85 teams, they have a dominant defense. The '63 team was offensively-challenged (QB Bill Wade was the consummate game-manager). The '85 team's offense had McMahon in his prime (when healthy, he was a stud), Payton and an elite deep threat in Gault. This year's team is capable on offense, but it's clearly the wild card in this run.

You've been saying that the Bears are going all the way for a while now. I confess that I wasn't with you. I'm with you now. They can lose to any of the teams in their way, but they can also beat them. I agree that they'll beat them.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#7 » by Susan » Sun Jan 6, 2019 2:36 am

transplant wrote:

While I always suspected that I was older than you, now I'm sure of it. I was in my early-30s in '85. They were justifiably the odds on favorites to win it all when the playoffs started.

This said, this is the 2nd-best Bears team I've seen. They're better than the '63 team that won the NFL Championship (no SB yet). Like the '63 and '85 teams, they have a dominant defense. The '63 team was offensively-challenged (QB Bill Wade was the consummate game-manager). The '85 team's offense had McMahon in his prime (when healthy, he was a stud), Payton and an elite deep threat in Gault. This year's team is capable on offense, but it's clearly the wild card in this run.

You've been saying that the Bears are going all the way for a while now. I confess that I wasn't with you. I'm with you now. They can lose to any of the teams in their way, but they can also beat them. I agree that they'll beat them.

I'm in my early 30's now my friend! :) Good timing!

But yeah, since I've been alive, this is the best team I've ever seen. That 2006 team hit the ground running, but losing Mike Brown really took a lot of wind out of their sails and Grossman/the entire offense was not nearly as dynamic as this squad. Special Teams for that team was way better but the defense this year is even better.

Return to Chicago Bears