Image Image Image Image

Head Coaching Options

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Head Coaching Options 

Post#1 » by patryk7754 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:18 am

I know it’s unlikely that the bears move on from Nagy. This would be Paces third coach. So this would most likely be his last chance. I don’t think getting rid of pace right now is an option because outside of the QB and HC, everything else is Super Bowl caliber. However, Nagy has proven to be a bad HC. Bad time management, misuse of time outs, poor play calling, lacks the confidence in his players but won’t make a change, and some things that are just dumb like going to London the Friday before the game. Here is who comes to mind right now for HC.

1. Brian Schottenheimer, OC Seahawks: Has a rich coaching history. He is currently Russell Wilson who is similar to Trubisky (Trubisky is obviously the very very very poor mans version of him). He makes great play calls, runs a balanced offense, is creative, and is able to hide a bad oline.

2. Rex Ryan: He’s very out spoken and comes with some flaws but he was a really really good head coach. If the jet put forth a competent offense they could have gone to the super bowl. This bears defense could be considered better than those jets defenses and he would reunite with chuck and last time they were together they coached the second greatest defense of all time. And people will want to come play for him. I’d really like to see Jay Gruden as his OC.

3. Jay Gruden: As the redskins HC, he had a winning record with Alex Smith. His defenses were good before half of it would be out for a season. Trubisky has a similar skill set to Smith. He’s a good play caller and runs a balanced offense. While with the Bengals, Dalton had his best games.
patryk7754
General Manager

Re: Head Coaching Options 

Post#2 » by patryk7754 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:22 am

Josh McDaniels should also be an option but I don’t think he leaves NE. Unless Brady goes to play somewhere else and bring Josh. Which we could use Brady.

Also, three of Gruden’s past assistants: Sean McVay, Matt LaFlure, and Kyle Shanahan
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 am

The honeymoon phase with Nagy is completely gone. Players arent dumb, they see he cant call a game, I worry he loses the locker room.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#4 » by patryk7754 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:33 pm

People keep bringing up that he was coach of the year last season but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t flawed. A lot of the things we’re talking about now happened last year but the bears were winning to people didn’t pay too much attention to it.

To be far to Nagy, Tru has missed a lot of plays that are easy plays that anyone should be able to make. I’m the chargers game specifically, he had a TD pass tipped by Hayward on that wheel route that should have been a TD. That INT should have been a 30 yard gain but tru through the ball 10 yards short. The kicker missed two easy kicks.

If we truly want to know who is the problem we need to get a good QB. The bengals announced they have benched Dalton. A third and Chase should be good enough to get him.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#5 » by Axxo » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:43 am

patryk7754 wrote:People keep bringing up that he was coach of the year last season but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t flawed. A lot of the things we’re talking about now happened last year but the bears were winning to people didn’t pay too much attention to it.

To be far to Nagy, Tru has missed a lot of plays that are easy plays that anyone should be able to make. I’m the chargers game specifically, he had a TD pass tipped by Hayward on that wheel route that should have been a TD. That INT should have been a 30 yard gain but tru through the ball 10 yards short. The kicker missed two easy kicks.

If we truly want to know who is the problem we need to get a good QB. The bengals announced they have benched Dalton. A third and Chase should be good enough to get him.

I wouldn't give more than a 6th and Bray for him
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#6 » by transplant » Sat Nov 2, 2019 10:37 pm

Being COY only means that your team exceeded the media's expectations. They should make it a team award and call it "Most (Positively) Surprising Team."

This said, they're not firing Nagy and they're not firing Pace...yet.

Honestly, if Trubisky is a bust, I don't see a way out of the box this creates. We are plainly and simply screwed up, down and sideways. Firing Pace as a punitive measure may give some of you a very temporary feeling of satisfaction, but I don't think you're likely to hire someone better. Overall, I think Pace is a young guy who knows what he's doing.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#7 » by patryk7754 » Sun Nov 3, 2019 5:48 pm

transplant wrote:Being COY only means that your team exceeded the media's expectations. They should make it a team award and call it "Most (Positively) Surprising Team."

Honestly, if Trubisky is a bust, I don't see a way out of the box this creates. We are plainly and simply screwed up, down and sideways. Firing Pace as a punitive measure may give some of you a very temporary feeling of satisfaction, but I don't think you're likely to hire someone better. Overall, I think Pace is a young guy who knows what he's doing.

I can definitely see us keeping Pace while firing Nagy and moving on from Trubisky. Throughout his tenure he's really only had two blemishes (albeit, to pretty big ones) on his resume; getting a good coach and finding a QB. Outside of that, he's been a top five GM. Great in the draft, not scared to make big moves, and great in free agency. If we do move on from Pace, what are the chances we find someone who will do as well as he has? Very small. I think Pace has a real opportunity to fix his mistakes this offseason with three scenarios;

1. Fire Nagy, hire Brian Schottenhimer. Keep Tru
2. Keep Nagy and find an established QB for Tru to compete with. QB options; Mariota, Tannehill, Newton, Keenum etc. Mariota being the most likely option with the Orgeon connection and I think the Titans gave up on him way too soon.
3. Fire Nagy, move on from Tru. Hire Schottenhimer, bring in a new QB via trade or Free agency. Possibly draft a QB in 2020.

If after another try, we have no choice to move on from Pace if things don't pan out. Regardless of how good he's been in all other areas.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#8 » by patryk7754 » Sun Nov 3, 2019 5:49 pm

Mike McArthy is reportedly ready to make a 2020 comeback. My guess is the bears will be his top choice.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#9 » by transplant » Fri Nov 8, 2019 8:30 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
transplant wrote:Being COY only means that your team exceeded the media's expectations. They should make it a team award and call it "Most (Positively) Surprising Team."

I can definitely see us keeping Pace while firing Nagy and moving on from Trubisky. Throughout his tenure he's really only had two blemishes (albeit, to pretty big ones) on his resume; getting a good coach and finding a QB. Outside of that, he's been a top five GM. Great in the draft, not scared to make big moves, and great in free agency. If we do move on from Pace, what are the chances we find someone who will do as well as he has? Very small. I think Pace has a real opportunity to fix his mistakes this offseason with three scenarios;

1. Fire Nagy, hire Brian Schottenhimer. Keep Tru
2. Keep Nagy and find an established QB for Tru to compete with. QB options; Mariota, Tannehill, Newton, Keenum etc. Mariota being the most likely option with the Orgeon connection and I think the Titans gave up on him way too soon.
3. Fire Nagy, move on from Tru. Hire Schottenhimer, bring in a new QB via trade or Free agency. Possibly draft a QB in 2020.

If after another try, we have no choice to move on from Pace if things don't pan out. Regardless of how good he's been in all other areas.

If Nagy is fired and Pace stays, there is no justice.

Nagy's offense requires 3 things: a competent and somewhat mobile QB, a high quality U-tight end (Kelce/Ertz) and a solid O-line. Pace has delivered none of these.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#10 » by Axxo » Sat Nov 9, 2019 6:37 pm

Its too early to consider firing Nagy 2 yrs into his contract after going 12-4 his 1st season. He hasnt even had the chance to pick a QB. No decent TEs to run his offense. Mitch isnt completing the most basic of plays. I'm sry but looking at Mike Mac just screams desperation. Give Nagy players to work with on offense and see what he does. Pace needs to stop drafting on potential with the higher picks and draft on actual production.

Return to Chicago Bears