Image Image Image Image

Kaepernick

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Kaepernick 

Post#1 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Many different opinions on whether or not to look at Colin as an alternative at QB. I think the body of work with Colin is better than what Mitch is putting on tape. At best this is a better option for 2020 season and we can take adv of our defensive talent. At worst its a minimum contract bridge that gets us to the 2021 draft when we will have a 1st rnd pick. I think bring Colin in and let let learn the offense, go thru OTAs and TC and compete with Mitch for the starting job. Make Mitch earn it.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Re: Kaepernick 

Post#2 » by transplant » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:52 pm

First off, I think what has happened to Kaepernick is an injustice. Though you can make a case that statistically, his effectiveness as a QB was on trending in the wrong direction when he got blackballed, he did get blackballed and that's wrong. This said, his last two seasons (2015 and 2016) neither he nor the teams he led were very good. His supporters will pick their statistics to show that he was a victim of a poor supporting cast, but he was 3-16 as a starter in those 2 seasons. As Bears fans, we should know that a QB is always a big part of a team's success...or failure.

This said, I think the Bears should have a quality representative at Kaepernick's workout and interview. I just don't see the downside and even if there's only a 10% chance that Kaepernick may be a fit, it's worth it.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#3 » by Axxo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:13 am

mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#4 » by mack2354 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Sign Kaep, bench Mitch the rest of the season. Start Chase for 3 games to see what he can do and to give Kaep a chance to learn the playbook and system. Let Kaep finish the season. During the offseason drop Chase and draft a QB. Give Kaep, Mitch, and the rookie a fair even competition for the starting gig. All 3 may end up sucking still but I think this gives us the best chance for success next season. This season is a wash.

Return to Chicago Bears