Image Image Image Image

Trubisky failing the Bears...and vice versa

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Trubisky failing the Bears...and vice versa 

Post#1 » by transplant » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:28 pm

I know that I'm not a keen enough football observer to definitively assess exactly how much of the 2019 Bears offensive incompetence is on Trubisky and how much is on the roster (Pace) and on game-planning/play-calling (Nagy). I'm not being overly modest...I don't think many posters have a better handle on this than I do.

I'm disappointed in Trubisky. I hoped that the's be great and he hasn't shown any hint of greatness. Unlike the great ones, he hasn't been able to overcome the obstacles to team success.

I'm disappointed in Pace. In the Nagy offense, which is an offshoot of the West Coast Offense, the tight end is the QB's best friend. Pace has completely failed to provide the offense with a competent TE option. He paid big money to Trey Burton, who was a backup TE for Philly and has mostly been injured for the Bears. He drafted Adam Shaheen (Baby Gronk) in the 2nd round and he's now an acknowledged bust. The team now has to rely on castoffs like Ben Braunecker and Patrick Scales. The Bears offense gets less out of the TE position than almost any other NFL team. I'm also disappointed in Pace for providing a sub-par offensive line and failing to prepare for the likelihood that Kyle Long wouldn't last the season, forcing a woefully inexperienced Rashaad Coward into a starting role.

I'm disappointed in Nagy for his inability/refusal to appreciate the importance of the running game. Even in the modern NFL offense, a competent running game is important. Nagy loses focus in this regard. You can't be an offensive genius without valuing the running game.

Net, the Bears offense if f'd up and there's lots of blame to go around.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: Trubisky failing the Bears...and vice versa 

Post#2 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:57 pm

transplant wrote:I know that I'm not a keen enough football observer to definitively assess exactly how much of the 2019 Bears offensive incompetence is on Trubisky and how much is on the roster (Pace) and on game-planning/play-calling (Nagy). I'm not being overly modest...I don't think many posters have a better handle on this than I do.

I'm disappointed in Trubisky. I hoped that the's be great and he hasn't shown any hint of greatness. Unlike the great ones, he hasn't been able to overcome the obstacles to team success.

I'm disappointed in Pace. In the Nagy offense, which is an offshoot of the West Coast Offense, the tight end is the QB's best friend. Pace has completely failed to provide the offense with a competent TE option. He paid big money to Trey Burton, who was a backup TE for Philly and has mostly been injured for the Bears. He drafted Adam Shaheen (Baby Gronk) in the 2nd round and he's now an acknowledged bust. The team now has to rely on castoffs like Ben Braunecker and Patrick Scales. The Bears offense gets less out of the TE position than almost any other NFL team. I'm also disappointed in Pace for providing a sub-par offensive line and failing to prepare for the likelihood that Kyle Long wouldn't last the season, forcing a woefully inexperienced Rashaad Coward into a starting role.

I'm disappointed in Nagy for his inability/refusal to appreciate the importance of the running game. Even in the modern NFL offense, a competent running game is important. Nagy loses focus in this regard. You can't be an offensive genius without valuing the running game.

Net, the Bears offense if f'd up and there's lots of blame to go around.

Great post

Return to Chicago Bears