Here are the positions that I think are the top needs for the Bears

1. OT
2. RB
3. G
4. S
5. CB
6. WR
7. TE

Here are the top 5 players are each position that I think will be there in the 2nd round and beyond

OT
1. Matt Peart, UCONN
2. Josh Jones, Houston
3. Austin Jackson, USC
4. Ezra Cleveland, Boise St.
5. Saahdiq Charles, LSU

RB
1. Clyde Edwards Helaire, LSU
2. J.K. Dobbins, Ohio st.
3. Zach Moss, Utah
4. Cam Akers

G
1. John Simpson, Clemson
2. Damien Lewis, LSU
3. Shane Lemieux, Oregon
4. Tyre Phillips, Miss St.
5. Ben Bredeson, Michigan

S
1. Antoine Winfield Jr, Minnesota
2. Grant Delpit, LSU
3. Ashtyn Davis, Cal
4. Terrell Burgess, Utah
5. Kyle Dugger, Lenoir-Rhyne

CB
1. Trevon Diggs, Alabama
2. Jaylon Johnson, Utah
3. Jeff Glandy, TCU
4. A.J. Terrell, Clemson
5. Jarvis Davis, Auburn

WR
1. Denzel Mims, Baylor
2. Laviska Shenault Jr, Colorado
3. Tee Higgins, Clemson
4. Jalen Reagor, TCU
5. KJ Hamler, Penn St.

TE
1. Harrison Bryant, FAU
2. Christain Clay-Poole (converted from WR), ND
3. Cole Kmet, ND
4. Colby Parkinson, Stanford
5. Harrison Byrant, Washington
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Re: 2020 NFL Dr 

Post#2 » by patryk7754 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:19 am

Trade down to add 3rd and 4th round picks
RD 2: Clyde Edwards Helaire, RB
RD 3: Matt Peart, OT
RD 4: Harrison Bryant, TE
RD 5: Damon Arnette, CB
RD 5: KJ Hamler, WR
RD 5: Jordan Fuller, S
RD 6: Jonah Jackson, G
RD 7: Trey Adams, T

After the draft I’d like us to sign Clay Matthews who can play both in and outside LB to the vet minimum
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Re: 2020 NFL Draft 

Post#3 » by karch34 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:15 pm

Most of those seem to be on the board still. I do think that makes trade down more likely but could be a S run before 43.
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#4 » by petebraun0 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:43 pm

any thoughts on our two 2nd round picks? a tight end and a cornerback. I am a bit worried that our tight end pick was a one year wonder. He seemed to be injured a lot, and focused on baseball. A Great athlete, but was he a great pick. I would have gone for the top safety with that pick.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#5 » by transplant » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:01 pm

Pace has done a little of everything.

Kmet was definitely a needs pick and maybe a bit of a reach.

He followed that with CB Jaylon Johnson who you could argue was that happy circumstance of being a BPA who meets a definite need.

DE (probably an edge-rushing OLB for the Bears) Trevis Gipson was mostly a BPA, but at a "can never have too many" position.

Since they already picked a CB, CB Kindle Vildor has to be a BPA. Depth and ST I would guess.

WR Darnell Mooney might be both a BPA and needs pick. With Taylor Gabriel gone, the Bears badly need a "pure speed" guy even if it's just to give defenses something that scares them a little. Does 4.38 work for you? Here's a nice article on Mooney:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/darnell-mooney-tulane-most-underrated-wr-2020-nfl-draft

I don't pretend to know anything about the Bears picks other than what I've read about these guys in the past 24 hours. Can't say I saw anyone other than Kmet play on TV.

Though I thought Kmet was a little reachy, I'm very happy that they've gone hard at TE. I've heard too many good analysts say that TE is critical to the Phi/KC/Bears offense. The Bears had the worst AND thinnest TE corps in the NFL last season. It surprises me that so few analysts seem to take this and Trubisky's shoulder injury into consideration when evaluating the offense's failures last season.

With the addition of OT Germain Ifedi in FA, Pace seems to be comfortable with the OL. I'm not, but he spends a lot more time on this stuff than I do. Still, I have to admit that when they took Kmet instead of Josh Jones, I cringed.

Pace also seems surprisingly confident that Deon Bush will be able to step in to the SS position. Even if he can, they're thinner there than I'd like.

Go Bears!
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan

Return to Chicago Bears